MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who of these new upcoming american players has got the brightest future?
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
country flag DartMarcus

Re: Who of these new upcoming american players has got the brightest future?

As for me, at first I've seen playing only Querrey, Young and Isner of these guys... I think that everyone from this list can reach top 100 sometime, but now I`d tell my opinions about players.
Donald Young - he was no.1 junior, he`s already got some good wins in ATP and of course he`s improving every year!!! He can enter top 50 by the end of this year,
Jesse Levine - he isn't tall and he is not as powerful as Roddick for example but he`s making some progress, however he`s won only 2 matches in main draws of ATP tournaments so far...
Sam Querrey - he`s got a really great serve, not bad baseline game but his play at the net is really disapointing as well as his movement, don`t expect from him anything on clay but he could be top-20-level hardcourt game!!!
John Isner -very tall with a perfect serve, but don`t know what else can I say... I think he won`t play better than top 40 - top 50... he should improve a lot mentally.
Ryan Harrison is too young to talk about but has got the biggest potential of all!
I don`t know much about McClune, Smyzcek, Sweeting, Evans, Jenkins, but they are promising enough to be in top-100 next year!

Mardy Fish!

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome