Mens Tennis Forums banner

2002 the Year of the Mr Nobody

703 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  kfh_9118 
#1 · (Edited)
does Pete Sampras count :eek: :eek:

after Johansson & Costa winning slams

Pete was all washed up until Greg "coathanger mouth" opened his trap and awoke the monster

#4 ·
I wouldn't call them debated.

I'd call them you making a new thread every 5 minutes about how mens tennis is sad, and everyone else telling you how wrong you are.

But different strokes for different folks.

Pete doesn't count as a nobody TBE, but nice try ;)

#14 ·
hehehe, i should thank those people who keeps on bashing pete, these pump him up, pistol pete is always pistol pete, always shot down people at cruical moments, thanks pete ;D:D

#15 ·
yeah, Men's tennis is doing just fine. 4 different winners this year. Who'd want to see the same person win every slam? ;)

#16 ·
I start to like men's tennis now :) It's so unpredictable to predict the winners. Not only we have four different grand slams champions in 2002, we also have four different finalists :)

Australian Open: Thomas Johansson def Marat Safin
French Open: Alberto Costa def Juan Carlos Ferrero
Wimbledon: Lleyton Hewitt def David Nalbandian
US Open: Pete Sampras def Andre Agassi

It's much better like this than what happens in women's tennis now... For me, to have for Williams sisters final in the last 3 grand slams is so unbelievable... Will other players ever get the chances to be a grand slam champion??? I am not Williams' fans but I don't dislike them either... But to see them playing the final everytime is not interesting anymore... Well, hopefully some players will be able to raise their bar and challenge the sisters, then WTA will become interesting again :)

Pete has made this US Open so special to me :) For me, he is not "Mr Nobody"... Pete will always become a contender evertime he enters a tournament :) Congrats Pete, and hope you may win many more grand slams in the future :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.