JMDP's Schedule/Tounament Merged Thread: 2008 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 476 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Thanks for the information and the link. Must admit I hadn't taken so much interest in it, as the only tournament using it that I may go to is Stockholm. I still think it's a bad idea - as you say the lower ranked players have less chance to progress and improve their ranking - and it's very much there to protect the interests of the top "stars" as I see it - but guess we should try to approach the first few with an "open mind" and see what happens. Thanks again.

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 476 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Registered User
 
patoo_jmdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 70
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

The next wednesday, Juan Martín will play the Rosario Open. Here will play Mariano Zabaleta, Mariano Puerta, Luis Horna y Delpo.
Good Look JM!

http://www.rosariodeportes.com/index.php

Juan Martín Del Potro

David Nalbandian - Joachim Johansson - Mario Ancic -Novak Djokovic - Andy Murray - Tomas Berdych - Ernest Gulbis - Evgeny Korolev - Eduardo Schwank - Diego Hartfield - Guillermo Cañas - Emiliano and Edgardo Massa - Leonardo Mayer - Juan Pablo Guzmán - Diego Junqueira - Machi Gonzalez
patoo_jmdp is offline  
post #18 of 476 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,670
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Thanks for all the info.

DelPotro:Ferrer:Gulbis:M&M
cobalt60 is offline  
post #19 of 476 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Registered User
 
Hendu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,791
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by patoo_jmdp View Post
The next wednesday, Juan Martín will play the Rosario Open. Here will play Mariano Zabaleta, Mariano Puerta, Luis Horna y Delpo.
Good Look JM!

http://www.rosariodeportes.com/index.php
A nice chance for the people of Rosario to watch good tennis.

Lots of exhibitions this summer.

Thanks for the info.
Hendu is offline  
post #20 of 476 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Thanks for the info. I am away staying with relatives this week and can't get online so often - so appreciate the updates.

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #21 of 476 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

It is not 100% official yet so I haven't updated the first post - but I understand JM will be skipping the Latin American season next year to concentrate on the US hardcourts instead. He wants to prepare for the US Masters' series in Miami and Indian Wells, and he prefers hard cours to clay - so it really isn't surprising. He hopes to play in Memphis and Las Vegas - I will update the first post when it becomes 100% official!.

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica*; 12-18-2006 at 05:05 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #22 of 476 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered User
 
maria87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 3,358
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
It is not 100% official yet so I haven't updated the first post - but I understand JM will be skipping the Latin American season next year to concentrate on the US hardcourts instead. He wants to prepare for the US Masters' series in Miami and Indian Wells, and he prefers hard cours to clay - so it really isn't surprising. He hopes to play in San Jose, Memphis and Las Vegas - I will update the first post when it becomes 100% official!.
wow, it surpises me a little bit because we have in Buenos Aires our ATP tournament in February and he will skip the possibility to play the only tournament we have at home...where did you hear this?
maria87 is offline  
post #23 of 476 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post
wow, it surpises me a little bit because we have in Buenos Aires our ATP tournament in February and he will skip the possibility to play the only tournament we have at home...where did you hear this?
Well I heard it from a friend who knows JM, - but, as I say, it is only a rumour at this stage, which is why I haven't updated the Schedule in the first post yet. Until it's officially confirmed, I don't want to post incorrect information in there.

I know about the Buenos Aires tournament, and obviously one might expect him to play there, but having said that, I remember a few years ago that both Nalbandian and Coria skipped it to play in Europe . It was a career decison, as it is not so good for your body to play on hard courts in Australia and then skip for a couple of weeks onto clay, only to go back to hard again in the US Masters' series. Interestingly, JM's coach now was working with Nalbandian at that time But as I say - nothing official yet. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #24 of 476 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Registered User
 
maria87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 3,358
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Well I heard it from a friend who knows JM, - but, as I say, it is only a rumour at this stage, which is why I haven't updated the Schedule in the first post yet. Until it's officially confirmed, I don't want to post incorrect information in there.

I know about the Buenos Aires tournament, and obviously one might expect him to play there, but having said that, I remember a few years ago that both Nalbandian and Coria skipped it to play in Europe . It was a career decison, as it is not so good for your body to play on hard courts in Australia and then skip for a couple of weeks onto clay, only to go back to hard again in the US Masters' series. Interestingly, JM's coach now was working with Nalbandian at that time But as I say - nothing official yet. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.
yes, you are right...i think BA tournament should be moved into clay season...anyway we are far away from the center of the world and almost nobody want to fly so long to come here
maria87 is offline  
post #25 of 476 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Registered User
 
anna10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 334
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
He hopes to play in San Jose, Memphis and Las Vegas - I will update the first post when it becomes 100% official!.
I hope to go to Memphis for semis and finals, so any encouragement you can give that way would be great. Would he probably have direct entry by the cutoff date, or need to go through qualifying?
anna10 is offline  
post #26 of 476 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna10 View Post
I hope to go to Memphis for semis and finals, so any encouragement you can give that way would be great. Would he probably have direct entry by the cutoff date, or need to go through qualifying?
Well that would depend on what the cut off point is for that tournament, and also where he is ranked 6 weeks before, which is when the Entry List closes - so I really wouldn't know at this stage if he could get direct entry or not Enjoy your time in Memphis anyway - I just want him to get himself over to Europe ASAP so I can see him too

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #27 of 476 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered User
 
anna10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 334
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Well that would depend on what the cut off point is for that tournament, and also where he is ranked 6 weeks before, which is when the Entry List closes - so I really wouldn't know at this stage if he could get direct entry or not Enjoy your time in Memphis anyway - I just want him to get himself over to Europe ASAP so I can see him too
Six weeks before - I couldn't remember the cut-off. If he ends up playing qualfiying there, I just may give that a try as well. Given the option, I'd much prefer a nice tournament in Europe to grey Memphis.
anna10 is offline  
post #28 of 476 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna10 View Post
Six weeks before - I couldn't remember the cut-off. If he ends up playing qualfiying there, I just may give that a try as well. Given the option, I'd much prefer a nice tournament in Europe to grey Memphis.
Well it's a case of economics isn't it? Nice tournaments in Europe are usually no more than a couple of hours from me - Memphis would take me at least a day to reach, and also a long flight and I loathe long-haul flying So guess I'm just lucky - though I hate this 6 month period between Basel and Monte Carlo where there really isn't any tennis here I would love JMDP to play Marseille and Rotterdam in February like Coria and Nalbandian did in 2005 - but somehow I think I have no chance

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #29 of 476 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered User
 
Clashcityrocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lord and master of Kawooshistan
Posts: 22,101
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Rosie, do you know which day(s) you are in rotterdam ??

Can't stop running...

Unless I'm injured
Clashcityrocker is offline  
post #30 of 476 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
Rosie, do you know which day(s) you are in rotterdam ??
Hi Duncan Probably none at all this year because of work But if I do go, it will be for the first few days (from quallie Saturday to Tuesday) so I only need take 2 days off work. I'm probably going to leave starting my travels til April/May though - save some more money and go somewhere exciting for my Birthday How about you?

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome