Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 104 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1546 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Come on, Ernest!
 
-Evita-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,995
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

I'm probably not going. I don't know her songs (just the hits) but I thought maybe the show itself would be worth it. But the prices are high, yeah, 45-50 euros for the cheapest tickets.

한국어 너무 좋아요
-Evita- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1547 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Registered User
 
Metis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,480
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Metis, I dunno how this over +40 C in Athens feels like, here in this moisture anything over +25 C is tough. Luckily we have +19/20 C now I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish we'd have it all year round. Yeah keep on dreaming.
LOL they are finally putting electrical heating covers (insulation, whatever they're called) on our water pipes in our house so they won't freeze next winter. We'll see.
19-20 is not bad from November to April.


I wish we had 28-32 C all year round
Metis is offline  
post #1548 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,297
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
19-20 is not bad from November to April.


I wish we had 28-32 C all year round
Yeah I wish, I only wish!

Oh, I could do with only 20-25 all year round.

FAN OF THE BEAUTY
MariaV is offline  
 
post #1549 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
♥ eve ♥
 
Xoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 40,947
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Evita, Lady Gaga in Tallinn too. Are you going?
I'm not. And the tickets here are more like 60 euros.
60 euros is peanuts tickets for those superstar gigs start from 100 euros here insane, I'll stick to my Summer festivals instead.
Xoil is offline  
post #1550 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,297
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Hey Mr peanuts!
How's filthy rich life in SUI? Have you moved to your new poshy apartment already?

FAN OF THE BEAUTY
MariaV is offline  
post #1551 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post


Can't believe how lame these excuses are.




star, FYI I was not jaunting around the Olympics with the other royals. Obviously I was invited but I politely declined. Most boring set of people ever! I was occupied with vastly more exciting things. I am not going to say what those were since you all don't care anyway.
Speaking of lame excuses thatís a lame excuse for not saying where you were especially when you werenít planning to tell us anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Yeah I wish, I only wish!

Oh, I could do with only 20-25 all year round.
I would feel that summer had never arrived. I think 40 is not so bad if you are not working outside and if it cools down at night. High humidity makes it worse too. But I like it to get to at least 37 or 38 every summer. 26 to 38 is good summer temp. In the winter I would prefer the day time temp not to fall below 16.

Really though my favorite is when we have temps around 35 in the daytime and the night drops to around 7. Warm days and cool nights. I have to only wait about 3 more weeks for that to happen.
star is offline  
post #1552 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,297
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Star, in your dry climate hot temperatures are defo easier to bear. Here it has been so f**ing humid all summer, even if it hasn't been raining, yuck.

FAN OF THE BEAUTY
MariaV is offline  
post #1553 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
♥ eve ♥
 
Xoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 40,947
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Hey Mr peanuts!
How's filthy rich life in SUI? Have you moved to your new poshy apartment already?
We signed this morning! moving will save us shitolad of $ so hopefully we'll travel big the next years!
Xoil is offline  
post #1554 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Star, in your dry climate hot temperatures are defo easier to bear. Here it has been so f**ing humid all summer, even if it hasn't been raining, yuck.
I think that is true. Here, it has been a humid and overcast summer for us ó but little rain. High humidity for us is 30%.

Also, here far from the sea and near mountains, we have big temperature variations between night and day. Itís common for 30 degree (F) temperature variations in the summer. Even more in the fall. Now we are just waiting for September and October. Itís our treat after the summer.
star is offline  
post #1555 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered User
 
Metis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,480
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Speaking of lame excuses thatís a lame excuse for not saying where you were especially when you werenít planning to tell us anyway.
I wasn't sure if I was going to tell you. Now that I have been miffed, I'm sure I won't. At least not for now.

Quote:
I would feel that summer had never arrived. I think 40 is not so bad if you are not working outside and if it cools down at night. High humidity makes it worse too. But I like it to get to at least 37 or 38 every summer. 26 to 38 is good summer temp. In the winter I would prefer the day time temp not to fall below 16.

Really though my favorite is when we have temps around 35 in the daytime and the night drops to around 7. Warm days and cool nights. I have to only wait about 3 more weeks for that to happen.
Tank top in the afternoon and then sitting by the fire in a sweater in the evening.


40C where you live is completely different from 40C in a big city made of concrete.



Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I think that is true. Here, it has been a humid and overcast summer for us ó but little rain. High humidity for us is 30%.

Also, here far from the sea and near mountains, we have big temperature variations between night and day. Itís common for 30 degree (F) temperature variations in the summer. Even more in the fall. Now we are just waiting for September and October. Itís our treat after the summer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
We signed this morning! moving will save us shitolad of $ so hopefully we'll travel big the next years!
You're moving again? Didn't you move to a new apartment just a few months ago?
Metis is offline  
post #1556 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Sucky news about Rafa
scoobs is offline  
post #1557 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Registered User
 
Metis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,480
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

What now?
Metis is offline  
post #1558 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

He's withdrawn from the US Open.
scoobs is offline  
post #1559 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Rafa out of USO

L'alma dell'alma mia,
Il cor del mio cor...
acionescu is offline  
post #1560 of 5003 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Registered User
 
Metis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,480
                     
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:



I thought he had started training! Must be serious if he withdraws weeks before the tournament.
Metis is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome