Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis - Page 330 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4936 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

me: what u
elisabetta: lol
nostalgy
Corey Feldman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4937 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

acionescu: what?

L'alma dell'alma mia,
Il cor del mio cor...
acionescu is offline  
post #4938 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Come on, Ernest!
 
-Evita-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,970
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
You are sweetcleo, i knew it


Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
You can say that Petru is already a big Rafa fan

The most beautiful smile in the world
Cute One of the twins has a missing front tooth too.

Speaking of kids: I lived through the first day The hardest thing - putting them in bed for their nap

한국어 너무 좋아요
-Evita- is offline  
post #4939 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

The all 3 of them?

L'alma dell'alma mia,
Il cor del mio cor...
acionescu is offline  
post #4940 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Come on, Ernest!
 
-Evita-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,970
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Yeah, I had to put them in separate rooms in the end although they usually like to sleep in the same room. And one of the boys didn't sleep at all, the other one fell asleep about an hour after I put him to bed after I threatened to tell his parents about how he was misbehaving

They have another BMX competition this Sunday in a city about an hour away from here so they went there tonight to practice (to get used to the track). They just came home right now. I expected them to be cranky and tired but they're surprisingly upbeat

한국어 너무 좋아요
-Evita- is offline  
post #4941 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
 
Bibberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,975
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Federer's kids are reaching that adorable stage. Good to see them taking after their paternal grandfather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
i cant even enjoy Fed's win like i thought i would
Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
yah Sap was happy, he's like me... loves Fed
Uh. Not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Congratulations, fed fans.
I really expected that he had his slam winning days behind him but no suck luck he pulled it off.
I feel utterly about it but that's not going to change the result.
He's not done. He has at least one more Wimbers left in him. His serve, experience, durability, and a decent draw should see him through. I would not be totally shocked if he won a USO at some point, but that window is closing. In any case, I expect him to finish with 19 slams--no more, no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
lawyers.

Even when faced with the facts, even when seeing with their own eyes that they're wrong, they will still insist they are correct.


Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
You can say that Petru is already a big Rafa fan


EDIT: Time to change the flag/avatar.

Bibberz is offline  
post #4942 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered User
 
leng jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oxford (at heart)
Age: 29
Posts: 24,210
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Where is the real Sweet Cleo these days? GM needs some color.

WARNING: This signature may contain extreme traces of bullying and glory hunting
TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
0 double bagels consumed against Raonic on grass
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline  
post #4943 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Registered User
 
Castafiore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,954
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz View Post
He's not done. He has at least one more Wimbers left in him. His serve, experience, durability, and a decent draw should see him through.
That's talk afterwards, though.

I mean, sure, it's not a total shock. He was still reaching the latter stages of most tournaments and you know that he's still mentally rock solid so it was never totally out of the question.

But after not having reached a slam SF in quite some time, I've seen many people (incl. many fedtards) suggest that his slam winning days were behind him. There's always hope, sure, but hope is not the same thing as a solid expectation. Go back a couple of weeks and you'd see a difference in attitude among fans and non-fans. Many had high hopes but how many really expected this?

Quote:
I have quite a few lawyers in my family + I work with a number of lawyers in my job so it's my subjective experience talking so you can all you want.



For me, a good argument entails the ability to admit that you're wrong when the facts are staring you in the face. In my experience, many lawyers, with only few exceptions, would rather run around in their city naked in the middle of a busy day while performing a number of Monty Python's Silly Walks, rather than admit they're wrong because for them, it's never black and white, there are a wide variety of shades of grey to play with and for them, it seems that there's no such thing as a fact.

Last edited by Castafiore; 07-10-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Castafiore is offline  
post #4944 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 AM
♥ eve ♥
 
R. Bachelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 40,868
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
But after not having reached a slam SF in quite some time
I guess you meant slam F
R. Bachelot is offline  
post #4945 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered User
 
Castafiore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,954
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Sorry, I do mean that. He reached the SF but it was quite some time to reach a slam F.

Freudian slip, I suppose.
Wishful thinking and all that.
Castafiore is offline  
post #4946 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
For me, a good argument entails the ability to admit that you're wrong when the facts are staring you in the face. In my experience, many lawyers with only few exceptions, would rather run around in their city naked in the middle of a busy day while performing a number of Monty Python's Silly Walks, rather than admit they're wrong because for them, it's never black and white, there are a wide variety of shades of grey to play with and for them, it seems that they're no such thing as a fact.
That's exactly what lawyers are paid to do.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #4947 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered User
 
Castafiore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,954
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

That's why I loath discussing with them because sometimes, it is as simple as that. Sometimes, black is black and white is white.

Furthemore, the MTF members that are lawyers don't get paid to argue on MTF and yet, some of them still use the same techniques whereas I think that when you're cleary wrong, you're wrong. Admit it and pick another topic to argue about if you love discussing so much.

My sister is a lawyer and I love her to bits but I don't tend to argue with her because she'll have the same tendency to twist things around and around and around. Do that in your professional capacity perhaps but among family and friends, admit that you're wrong when it's obvious.

The most favorite technique of many of the lawyers I know is "attack is the best defence": when you're wrong about an issue, start making the person doubt by focussing on his flaws, his insecurities, by saying something nobody wants to hear so they'll start fuming over that and they'll forget about the actual issue. If you manage that, they'll give in to you just to shut you up. Case closed.


I come from a family with many teachers and lawyers so all jobs where you need to be good with words. I'm guessing it's one reason why I can argue non-stop. I'm used to it.

Last edited by Castafiore; 07-10-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Castafiore is offline  
post #4948 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

I think it's an occupational hazard alongside things like becoming seriously aggro after working as a lawyer for an extended period of time, instantly thinking up causes of action in your head when you come across a potentially contentious incident in real life, making stupid lawyer jokes and thinking you're so clever, etc. When you're used to being a certain way virtually every day for years on end, it's hard to not act like that.

I agree it's annoying though.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #4949 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered User
 
Nidhogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,772
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

How can so many ticks attach themselves to one and the same cat?

Just watched Murray's post match speech (as the retarded swedish channel TV4 cut off the broadcast right before the ceremony). Damn, that hurt.
Nidhogg is offline  
post #4950 of 5000 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Registered User
 
Minn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,666
                     
Re: Rafachat vol.78 life is more important than tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post


Sorry, but are you envious that evita will spend her holiday taking care of her sister kids?
I was thinking the same thing. Yet I happily babysat my 3-year-old nephew for a couple of hours yesterday and may do the same later this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
2012 Wimbledon girls champion



dont know her name but its not important.
Luckily she's 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I heard Canadians won both juniors titles so there it is, a hint....

Minn is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome