Chat thread for Rafa fangirls and their Fedtard pals.vol 73 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Same as it ever was
 
Peta Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 20,279
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - where everything is hot,weather..posters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
petapunk, you need to upgrade your dreamverse to include a hand wearing 2 watches. apparently it's the rage.
I can only dream what my heart desires... and even then I don't actually desire the things I dream.

RM people - are not too bright as we know so wearing 2 watches is probably common practice for them anyway.
Peta Pan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM
ˇHala Madrid!
 
wildegirl05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,835
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post


WG, I take you back to your U.S. history lessons:

"Millions for defense, but not one penny for tribute."

One of the most famous quotes from our early days as a nation.
it's gonna be a long walk star. i really never had any u.s. history lessons besides a couple of pages in 4th grade or something.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Deep down he must have been.
revisionist history is the opiate of the lazies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I've just finished a book by a Pakistani journalist that was very good and I think the writer was being as fair as one can expect from a human being, but he said one thing that stuck with me and that was just a mention that Pakistan was bordered by an "aggressive India." (Book wasn't about India/Pakistan) As a complete outsider and one who isn't up on the extensive details of the conflict, it has seemed to me that Pakistan is more aggressive than India in the conflict and that while the conflict is only one of the many issues India has on its plate, the conflict is front and center for Pakistan, and perhaps needed for those in power to maintain power.
personally, i would characterize the indian State as aggressive in its policy on kashmir. it may not be overtly aggressive and the rhetoric may be one of reconciliation/peace etc. but india has taken a hard stance on kashmir since day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
The referee help has been pretty blatant in many CL matches for Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline  
post #153 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:01 PM
ˇHala Madrid!
 
wildegirl05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,835
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - where everything is hot,weather..posters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
I can only dream what my heart desires... and even then I don't actually desire the things I dream.

RM people - are not too bright as we know so wearing 2 watches is probably common practice for them anyway.
hi petapunk he's probably keeping track of your time zone with the second watch. that way he can punctually pop into your dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
The referee help has been pretty blatant in many CL matches for Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline  
post #154 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Same as it ever was
 
Peta Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 20,279
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - where everything is hot,weather..posters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
hi petapunk he's probably keeping track of your time zone with the second watch. that way he can punctually pop into your dream
Peta Pan is offline  
post #155 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
it's gonna be a long walk star. i really never had any u.s. history lessons besides a couple of pages in 4th grade or something.
Dipping into Hema's inspirational sig quotes: The longest journey begins with a single step. Consider this your first step. That quote was from the XYZ affair when Talleyrand demanded a payoff from the U.S. government. A murky event in U.S. history, I'll admit, but the quote stuck.

Quote:
personally, i would characterize the indian State as aggressive in its policy on kashmir. it may not be overtly aggressive and the rhetoric may be one of reconciliation/peace etc. but india has taken a hard stance on kashmir since day 1.
I have no problem with a country taking a hard line to defend it's borders. Are you saying that India has been unreasonable in it's stance? It has appeared to me that there is not really a solution that would end the conflict other than turning over the entire state to Pakistan. I don't think that's acceptable to the population living there.
star is offline  
post #156 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Oh, and I need to add

Jens Voigt
star is offline  
post #157 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM
ˇHala Madrid!
 
wildegirl05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,835
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Dipping into Hema's inspirational sig quotes: The longest journey begins with a single step. Consider this your first step. That quote was from the XYZ affair when Talleyrand demanded a payoff from the U.S. government. A murky event in U.S. history, I'll admit, but the quote stuck.
i will read up on this. i now get the basics of what you're talking about from wiki but will need to read more.


Quote:
I have no problem with a country taking a hard line to defend it's borders. Are you saying that India has been unreasonable in it's stance? It has appeared to me that there is not really a solution that would end the conflict other than turning over the entire state to Pakistan. I don't think that's acceptable to the population living there.
i think the issue is deeper - defining the "border" is a complicated exercise when the concept of partition was so fraught with issues. also, you should note that what appears as the recognized border for kashmir in u.s. produced maps of india varies extremely from the ones in india. there are no saints in this dispute and i think if pakistan has been able to support terrorist institutions (as the indian govt. continues to claim), it is not without the aid of powerful western states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
The referee help has been pretty blatant in many CL matches for Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline  
post #158 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Why hasn't AJ's ascension into GM modery been discussed here? It is a milestonic event of far-reaching, potentially cataclysmical consequences...
JolánGagó is offline  
post #159 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered User
 
Getta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,983
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Why hasn't AJ's ascension into GM modery been discussed here? It is a milestonic event of far-reaching, potentially cataclysmical consequences...
thoroughly well deserved appointment.

i truly hope he succeeds.
Getta is offline  
post #160 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered User
 
Getta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,983
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Jolan, you old shit-stirrer.

i like you a lot.

a lot.
Getta is offline  
post #161 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Why hasn't AJ's ascension into GM modery been discussed here? It is a milestonic event of far-reaching, potentially cataclysmical consequences...
Because it's too disgusting to mention.

Really, one of the biggest trolls in the history of the board plus a consummate stirrer and fomenter.

But, his ascension is a triumph of currying favor.
star is offline  
post #162 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Jolan, you old shit-stirrer.

i like you a lot.

a lot.
At least Jolan does it honestly and doesn't pretend to be above the fray whilst doing so. Also he isn't a power monger.
star is offline  
post #163 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered User
 
Getta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,983
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Because it's too disgusting to mention.

Really, one of the biggest trolls in the history of the board plus a consummate stirrer and fomenter.

But, his ascension is a triumph of currying favor.
yeah he's a controversial artist

love his purely paternalistic interventions
Getta is offline  
post #164 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
yeah he's a controversial artist
You say artist; I say conniver.
star is offline  
post #165 of 5012 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Registered User
 
Getta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,983
                     
Re: Rafachat vol. 73 - doesnt matter the topic this is a polemic's thread:sport: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
You say artist; I say conniver.


star

Jolan, what makes popcorn pop?
Getta is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome