The Thread is Dead, Long Live The Thread!- RafaChat Vol 72 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Registered User
 
Veronique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,596
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
I read back. I don't like Veronique, or how she reacted. I hope she's not the reason andreea hasn't been posting
I love you too!

Rosary Lady for Rafa G.O.A.T
Veronique is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

This thread is what it is precisely because of fights, misunderstandings, mutual antipathy and the occasional flounce delete.
scoobs is offline  
post #48 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
This thread is what it is precisely because of fights, misunderstandings, mutual antipathy and the occasional flounce delete.

Haven't seen you around for awhile, Scoobsy-doo.

I've been thinking of you and how happy you must be for Murray's fine play this tournament.
star is offline  
post #49 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

mutual antipathy here

i don't believe it, im universally loved.
JolánGagó is offline  
post #50 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Bibbz!!!!! 10 minutes till the Spelling Bee starts!
star is offline  
post #51 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
mutual antipathy here

i don't believe it.
Good thing that never happens to you.
star is offline  
post #52 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Registered User
 
Veronique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,596
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
This thread is what it is precisely because of fights, misunderstandings, mutual antipathy and the occasional flounce delete.
I have no antipathy towards anyone here. On the other hand, a clubhouse mentality on a public forum bothers me a great deal. For that reason alone, I'll make an effort to post more often than I have in the past.

Rosary Lady for Rafa G.O.A.T
Veronique is offline  
post #53 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Haven't seen you around for awhile, Scoobsy-doo.

I've been thinking of you and how happy you must be for Murray's fine play this tournament.
He's done what I hoped he would, taken advantage of his Betty Crocker draw. I'm sanguine about Rafa ripping him a new one tomorrow.
scoobs is offline  
post #54 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique View Post
I have no antipathy towards anyone here. On the other hand, a clubhouse mentality on a public forum bothers me a great deal. For that reason alone, I'll make an effort to post more often than I have in the past.
What you call a clubhouse mentality, I call a thread for people who choose to post in the same place and interact with each other, who unsurprisingly are going to be unhappy when people show up uninvited and show no respect for the personalities or prevailing ethos in that thread.

Last edited by scoobs; 06-02-2011 at 11:34 PM.
scoobs is offline  
post #55 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
He's done what I hoped he would, taken advantage of his Betty Crocker draw. I'm sanguine about Rafa ripping him a new one tomorrow.

Isn't it odd that a word whose derivation means blood, is an adjective meaning cheerful or optimistic? Just a thought.

Anyway, I wish I were as optimistic as you. I'm always worried that a player with Murray's kind of talent can beat Rafa -- especially Rafa as vulnerable as he is at this tournament.
star is offline  
post #56 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Isn't it odd that a word whose derivation means blood, is an adjective meaning cheerful or optimistic? Just a thought.

Anyway, I wish I were as optimistic as you. I'm always worried that a player with Murray's kind of talent can beat Rafa -- especially Rafa as vulnerable as he is at this tournament.
I'm sure Rafa will step it up - he seemed to against Soderling. Murray, on the other hand, hasn't played anyone like Rafa's calibre this tournament so...

I'm just ambivalent now - Rafa will win, Djokovic will win, and then the fireworks will begin - but for the semis, I'm pretty relaxed about them.
scoobs is offline  
post #57 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I'm sure Rafa will step it up - he seemed to against Soderling. Murray, on the other hand, hasn't played anyone like Rafa's calibre this tournament so...

I'm just ambivalent now - Rafa will win, Djokovic will win, and then the fireworks will begin - but for the semis, I'm pretty relaxed about them.
We will see. I always leave room for the unexpected in tennis.

This thread? It's gotten over 50 replies. Boredom has overtaken GM.

Who is the greater tennis player: Djokovic vs Wilander
star is offline  
post #58 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

I wondered when you would notice that typo.
star is offline  
post #59 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 PM
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
 
Bibberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,971
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Bibbz!!!!! 10 minutes till the Spelling Bee starts!
Hopefully another ABCD will win it. We've taken the last three titles.

Look at how easy the winning words were like 80 years ago--"knack," "therapy," and "initials."

Never mind the Spelling Bee, though. The Giants play in 40 minutes, and the Mavs play in 90....


Bibberz is offline  
post #60 of 5005 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Registered User
 
Veronique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,596
                     
Re: RafaChat Vol 72. Loyalty FAIL : star will cheer for Rafa to lose the #1 ranking :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
What you call a clubhouse mentality, I call a thread for people who choose to post in the same place and interact with each other, who unsurprisingly are going to be unhappy when people show up uninvited and show know respect for the personalities or prevailing ethos in that thread.
I'll respectfully disagree then. That's against the spirit of the forum. Otherwise there would have been an invite system set up to that effect.

Oh btw, I was actually invited to this thread.

Rosary Lady for Rafa G.O.A.T
Veronique is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome