RafaChat Part 27 - MensTennisForums.com

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
RafaChat Part 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
French commentators a few minutes ago: "if Arnaud continues playing like that I really don't see what Roddick can do"
WTA-esque
acionescu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Come on, Ernest!
 
-Evita-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,962
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
Quick question: Why do you think commentators drool so much over home players? Is it because they probably know them better, because they're basically forced to do it by the channels or just a case of national pride?
In Latvia's case it's definitely always the national pride
-Evita- is offline  
post #3 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
I haven't even interacted with acionescu and she doesn't want people quoting my posts.
But she has apparently interacted with you by reading part (I hope) of your vast contribution to MTF. That's a legit way of acquiring a distaste, I think.
JolánGagó is offline  
post #4 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
♥ eve ♥
 
R. Bachelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 40,862
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
Quick question: Why do you think commentators drool so much over home players? Is it because they probably know them better, because they're basically forced to do it by the channels or just a case of national pride?
Swiss commentators used to drool all over Hingis back in the day :retard: and seem to be indifferent to Fed I hate them, I never watch tennis on Swiss TV or switch the sound off
R. Bachelot is offline  
post #5 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
Quick question: Why do you think commentators drool so much over home players? Is it because they probably know them better, because they're basically forced to do it by the channels or just a case of national pride?
That or maybe by players relatives
acionescu is offline  
post #6 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Come on, Ernest!
 
-Evita-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,962
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
I was pissed at your comment (when I thought you were addressing me ) because I quite like you otherwise I wouldn't even have noticed, I like to be rude to those I like
You should try to change that habit. Take example from Linda, she's a much nicer person this year
-Evita- is offline  
post #7 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Retired Party Hostess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,983
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
Quick question: Why do you think commentators drool so much over home players? Is it because they probably know them better, because they're basically forced to do it by the channels or just a case of national pride?
The American stiffs do it to try to camouflage the fact that we have absolutely nobody worth anything on the horizon. The tennis channels here promote Blake and Roddick when running spots to promote RG. :retard:
Kitty de Sade is offline  
post #8 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered User
 
Metis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,480
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Clydey on the left scoobs/Hema on the right:




Metis is offline  
post #9 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Retired Party Hostess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,983
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Metis lolcat picspam to the rescue us from a'eoihawoehnr;wefiuh.
Kitty de Sade is offline  
post #10 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,103
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
Clydey on the left scoobs/Hema on the right:




anon57 is offline  
post #11 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
Snoo Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 28,936
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkMage View Post
Snoo, didn't you lose all your vCash betting on Mugzer? Every day you have more and more vCash. Maybe I'll give you my vCash so you can place bets for me cause I suck at vBetting.
I lost a shitload on mugzerin but I also had a big chunk on tsonga but when it looked like tsonga was kaput I panicked and put every last dime on kohlschreiber. so jw paid off ( barely) and then Kohlschreiber made up for all the other horseshit.

Buongiorno Clydey where you been hoss? Or maybe you just weren't where I was... but whatevere...
Snoo Foo is offline  
post #12 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,276
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Metis Ok I think I have sufficiently added to the drama for a day. Now I will leave

“For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin'; and death be all that we can rightly depend on.” - Bram Stoker, Dracula
tennizen is offline  
post #13 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
But she has apparently interacted with you by reading part (I hope) of your vast contribution to MTF. That's a legit way of acquiring a distaste, I think.
When someone dislikes everything you say, they tend to respond to at least one of your posts to disagree with you/call you an idiot. I genuinely cannot recall ever interacting with her.

Anyway, I won't go on about it. She's welcome to be a sheep.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #14 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

EPIC fail by JM with evita just has me
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #15 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Fly away little pigeon
 
elessar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: not on vacation
Posts: 20,460
                     
Re: The Refreshingly Calm Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
In Latvia's case it's definitely always the national pride
It's not very surprising considering the potential Gulbis has and considering how young Latvia is in terms of tennis history.

I just read back and realize I sound horribly patronizing you know what I mean anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
Swiss commentators used to drool all over Hingis back in the day :retard: and seem to be indifferent to Fed I hate them, I never watch tennis on Swiss TV or switch the sound off
Good thing you have Forget and Viard on Canal+
Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
That or maybe players relatives
elessar is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome