Mens Tennis Forums banner

adeegee!. vs. alansk - who will win?

adeegee!. vs. alansk - who will win? (real tennis match between 2 TT legends)

2K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  alansk 
#1 · (Edited)
Not strictly Tennis Tipping but perhaps the most appropriate place to post it(I'll get it deleted in a few days :p )

adeegee!. (world ranked #9) will face alansk (world ranked #10) in a tennis match tomorrow evening.....but who will win? :scratch:

#11 ·
Aha!! Here it is! Thanks Adam.

:wavey:

I can moonball with the best and if all else fails that will be my tactic. :lol:

I have a ridiculous hawaiian forehand grip (where can I buy a western grip? :aplot:) which means I don't change grip between forehand and backhand and hit both with the same side of the racket. Horrible I know, but it's too late to change it now! If Adam hits hard and flat I have no chance. In fact, if Adam can keep the ball in the court consistently - I have no chance. :awww:

What was the result of Jess v Adam?

Also, how long do we have the court for? Can we squeeze in 3 sets?!?!

Also, Adam please give me some background info on your playing style!

#16 ·
Moonballs used to give me serious problems, I've hopefully overcome them though :unsure:

Jess beat me :p we should be ok for 3 sets, I think we've got the court until they close at about 11.

You want me to reveal my secrets :eek: well.....my forehand is my strongest shot, but also my most inconsistent. Backhand is solid if unspectacular. I hit with some topspin, not huge amounts though. Serve is either a huge weapon or a weakness, it's damn inconsistent :mad:

#21 ·
I'd say kind of in the middle. Not necessarily a grinder but I get a fair few balls back, wouldn't describe myself as a Blake or Gonzo either. I'd say I'm like PHM without the choking :rocker2:

I'm a bit of a baseliner, I make the odd venture to the net though ;)
Ooooh is this the place we played last time? Orange carpet :inlove: :lol:
It is ;)

Alan was against the idea of a hard court, so we're playing a night match :p

#30 ·
write me adaim in 3 !

6/4 3/6 7/6 :)

#32 ·
i dont know if this is played yet but i think Alan will win in 3 sets (he will tank the 2nd to make the match more interesting)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.