What Racquet do you use? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 12:57 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 40,947
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

Pro Staff 85.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 06:57 AM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Pro Staff 85.
This is all I have been hitting with the past year or two. I have 3 of them right now, the model Sampras used at the tail end of his carrer and Federer at the beginning of his. The model Roger has at the pic below is the one I have to be exact, not that new one they have now, although I demo'd one and it was not too bad, though it doesn't hit the same IMO. I used to have 5 total, but 2 broke while serving, probably because I string them pretty tight.. Not Sampras tight, but pretty tight.


Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #78 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 10:23 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 40,947
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
This is all I have been hitting with the past year or two. I have 3 of them right now, the model Sampras used at the tail end of his carrer and Federer at the beginning of his. The model Roger has at the pic below is the one I have to be exact, not that new one they have now, although I demo'd one and it was not too bad, though it doesn't hit the same IMO. I used to have 5 total, but 2 broke while serving, probably because I string them pretty tight.. Not Sampras tight, but pretty tight.

Yep, that's the one. Best racquet of them all, I think. I also demoed the new Pro Staff 90, not as good, as you said.

I string at 45 pounds.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #79 of 155 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered User
 
Super Djoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,998
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

I have a Head MX Fire tour now . Still use the other one as well . Both are a good weight for me .

Novak Djokovic .

5 Australian Opens
3 Wimbledons
2 US Opens
Super Djoker is offline  
post #80 of 155 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered User
 
Super Djoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,998
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

Just bought a Wilson Blade Comp . I love it ! so much better than my head racket , great weight a bit heavy but I can hit harder with it and I can serve harder more easy .

Novak Djokovic .

5 Australian Opens
3 Wimbledons
2 US Opens
Super Djoker is offline  
post #81 of 155 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Registered User
 
BackhandDTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 5,084
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

The old Babolat Pure Drive Cortex sticks.

I can't see myself switching to anything else. If I did, I would probably upgrade to the GT model, but I tested one out and it feels like a feather-pen.
BackhandDTL is offline  
post #82 of 155 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 122
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

PDGT+ It's a rocket launcher!
Topspinfetishist is offline  
post #83 of 155 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Registered User
 
Ilovetheblues_86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 11,407
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

I am using the Wilson BLX 90 Tour. (2010) But for clay its a bit tricky.

HELLAS TT ARMY


MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline  
post #84 of 155 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 37
Posts: 1
 
Re: What Racquet do you use?

I've been using head speed MP 315 for one year.... I feel quite confortably to play with this racket. Having played a lot of matches during this year now it is quite ruined so I was thinking to buy a new one.

Do you have any suggestions for me? Consider that I like rackets of average weight that are good for a powerful hit...

Learn the aspects of mental tennis and win more matches.
lucastp is offline  
post #85 of 155 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered User
 
denzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

Boyfriend or raquet? lol
denzel is offline  
post #86 of 155 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Age: 55
Posts: 3
 
Re: What Racquet do you use?

I look for racquets with the best feel, touch and control and I don't look for racquets built for power, not because I don't want power but because the racquets designed to give you power are bad for your arm. I get power by using a more elastic string with a lower tension and I use a flexible racquet with a head light balance. These racquets are typically "recommended" for higher level players but if you are not a higher level player why should you use a racquet that is hard on your arm? I saw a website that lists their top ten arm-friendly racquets and strings and explains the criteria for it in detail http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets
ThomasMC is offline  
post #87 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 07:53 AM
country flag NID
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,793
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMC View Post
I look for racquets with the best feel, touch and control and I don't look for racquets built for power, not because I don't want power but because the racquets designed to give you power are bad for your arm. I get power by using a more elastic string with a lower tension and I use a flexible racquet with a head light balance. These racquets are typically "recommended" for higher level players but if you are not a higher level player why should you use a racquet that is hard on your arm? I saw a website that lists their top ten arm-friendly racquets and strings and explains the criteria for it in detail http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets
not sure how this whole flex thing relates to arm friendliness. played with some racquets that are like 53 and had problems, now with 68 and no problems at all. unless you are a pro, you are hitting off center or framing occasionally, so i'd say that torsional stability is more important.
i even string with a fairly soft poly and works OK, whereas not even multifilaments saved me while playing with a low flex racquet, which was even heavier. go figure.
try some before you buy.
NID is offline  
post #88 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

Blx 95 2012
Marian is offline  
post #89 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered User
 
nolesfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,578
                     
Re: What Racquet do you use?

I'm a Dunlop guy.. Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200 tour and Dunlop Aerogel 4D 500, I also have an older Dunlop Abzorber 108 I got started with.

SAY NO TO CENSORSHIP
Magic Murray
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tennisatlantic.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is offline  
post #90 of 155 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 24
Posts: 9
 
Re: What Racquet do you use?

Wilson BLX tour 90 - plays a dream. http://www.andbethere.com/2013/02/th...uet-guide.html Here's a useful guide which explains how all those terms affect the playability of a frame

www.andbethere.com ... Federer and Gasquet fan
ruariatp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome