Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Fenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 30
 
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

...Bump...

Tennis is a hard game... No matter how hard you practice you still cant beat the wall...
Gasquet Tipsaervic
Fenz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 28
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

dont get a prestige, specially not a flexpoint because know matter what you say and think about flexpoints, everyone who knows anything about racket knows they are shit.

if you are going to change the nblade would be a good step up. just remember though, if you get the nblade and find you like it, stock up on it because the kblade plays differently
jazar is offline  
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Registered User
 
Tzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maria Knows How To Handle It.
Posts: 7,599
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

TBE i don't like neither the N or K blade

for the way you described your game i highly recommend a Babolat Pure Drive or a Microgel Extreme

YouzhnyNalbandianLopezDolgopolov



TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline  
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Fenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 30
 
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
dont get a prestige, specially not a flexpoint because know matter what you say and think about flexpoints, everyone who knows anything about racket knows they are shit.

if you are going to change the nblade would be a good step up. just remember though, if you get the nblade and find you like it, stock up on it because the kblade plays differently
So you think it would be a better idea to get the Nblade and not change my Instinct around, would adding lead tape and changing strings make alot of difference ?

Tennis is a hard game... No matter how hard you practice you still cant beat the wall...
Gasquet Tipsaervic
Fenz is offline  
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Fenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 30
 
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket (Tzar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
TBE i don't like neither the N or K blade

for the way you described your game i highly recommend a Babolat Pure Drive or a Microgel Extreme
I have tried the Babolat Pure Drive Cortex Standard and thought it was a very nice racket just too powerful but it looked like it was strung quite loose ? if i had one strung at 60 would it be any better ?
Also tried the APDC and didnt like it at all.
Friend has a Microgel Extreme thought it was ok oddly shaped head :S

Fenz

Tennis is a hard game... No matter how hard you practice you still cant beat the wall...
Gasquet Tipsaervic
Fenz is offline  
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 28
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
So you think it would be a better idea to get the Nblade and not change my Instinct around, would adding lead tape and changing strings make alot of difference ?
the nblade is a much nicer racket than the instinct, so i would just buy one.

if you were to simply alter your instinct with lead tape, don't do it yourself; take it to someone who knows what they are doing
jazar is offline  
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered User
 
Tzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maria Knows How To Handle It.
Posts: 7,599
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket (Tzar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
I have tried the Babolat Pure Drive Cortex Standard and thought it was a very nice racket just too powerful but it looked like it was strung quite loose ? if i had one strung at 60 would it be any better ?
Also tried the APDC and didnt like it at all.
Friend has a Microgel Extreme thought it was ok oddly shaped head :S

Fenz
I dont think the shape of the head should matter

If you string the PD with the right tension it works perfectly, it depends also on how hard you hit. If you hit really hard you should use then 62 Kgs in tension maybe? It would be good since it will add speed to your strokes. The Microgel Extreme for me is really similar to the PD even though its lighter and less powerful maybe? but great feel of the ball.

Now, please don't buy the N Blade . I really don't like Wilson, especially this racquet, is to thin and for same reason stiff to me.

YouzhnyNalbandianLopezDolgopolov



TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline  
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 28
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket (Tzar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
I dont think the shape of the head should matter

If you string the PD with the right tension it works perfectly, it depends also on how hard you hit. If you hit really hard you should use then 62 Kgs in tension maybe? It would be good since it will add speed to your strokes. The Microgel Extreme for me is really similar to the PD even though its lighter and less powerful maybe? but great feel of the ball.

Now, please don't buy the N Blade . I really don't like Wilson, especially this racquet, is to thin and for same reason stiff to me.
no offence, but you're not the expert on rackets; i am. and just because you dont like the nblade (which is actually a very flexible racket), doesnt mean fenz won't. i, for example, hate the pure drive and most prince rackets but it doesnt prevent me from selling them to people.
jazar is offline  
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Fenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 30
 
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket (Tzar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
no offence, but you're not the expert on rackets; i am. and just because you dont like the nblade (which is actually a very flexible racket), doesnt mean fenz won't. i, for example, hate the pure drive and most prince rackets but it doesnt prevent me from selling them to people.

So Pure Drive or Nblade ?

Tennis is a hard game... No matter how hard you practice you still cant beat the wall...
Gasquet Tipsaervic
Fenz is offline  
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 28
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket (Tzar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
So Pure Drive or Nblade ?
i think the nblade is a better racket and will help you improve as a player. the pure drive is too similar to your current racket
jazar is offline  
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered User
 
Tzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maria Knows How To Handle It.
Posts: 7,599
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

Pure Drive all the way.

You'll gain speed without sacrificing control.

As i said for ME Nblade is stiff. maybe it will help you out. but if i were you i'd go with the PDC

YouzhnyNalbandianLopezDolgopolov



TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline  
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered User
 
Tzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maria Knows How To Handle It.
Posts: 7,599
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket (Tzar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
no offence, but you're not the expert on rackets; i am. and just because you dont like the nblade (which is actually a very flexible racket), doesnt mean fenz won't. i, for example, hate the pure drive and most prince rackets but it doesnt prevent me from selling them to people.
Who says you're an expert on racquets? Now dude what an asshole you're. I'm free to give my opinion if i want to. And the N or K blade is a racket i'd recommed to nobody. i really hate Prince and Wilsons except the [K]Tour (wich is a great option too )

YouzhnyNalbandianLopezDolgopolov



TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline  
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 28
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket (Tzar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
Who says you're an expert on racquets? Now dude what an asshole you're. I'm free to give my opinion if i want to. And the N or K blade is a racket i'd recommed to nobody. i really hate Prince and Wilsons except the [K]Tour (wich is a great option too )
i would say i'm an expert because i work for a leading racket sports specialist and have sold more than £100,000 worth of racket sports equipment. i am also a certified master racket technician and if i remember correctly, i advised you on what racket to buy
jazar is offline  
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Registered User
 
Tzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maria Knows How To Handle It.
Posts: 7,599
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

however it dosen't mean other people don't know about rackets too.

YouzhnyNalbandianLopezDolgopolov



TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline  
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 28
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
however it dosen't mean other people don't know about rackets too.
true, but it does mean that i know more and have more experience advising people on which racket to buy
jazar is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome