Babolat pure drive - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 41
Posts: 20
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
babolat rackets have as much feel as a plank of wood. pretty much all their rackets are the same. they have no decent technology in them. they are good to use if you want to stand at the back of the court and spank the ball as hard as possible and do nothing else.

and btw, do you know why they are the number 2 brand? its because they are cheap, not because they are good
I live in Canada and babolat rackets are about the same price as other brands like wilson,so i dont get it when you say they are cheap???I have an babolat aero pro and its the best racket i have had so far.My friend just bought the wilson 6.2 and i played with both rackets a few times and i think both rackets are good.Maybe you are a sales person for wilson lol
goldenboy_oscar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 27
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy_oscar View Post
Maybe you are a sales person for wilson lol
i have no affiliation with any racket manufacturer. i work in a store that sells all the major racket brands and i sell people the racket i think is right for them, even if it is a shitty babolat
jazar is offline  
post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:52 AM
country flag gaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 228
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

why do you have this thing against babolat?

i personally dont like wilsons and never have done but doesnt make them bad rackets
gaz is offline  
post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 27
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
why do you have this thing against babolat?

i personally dont like wilsons and never have done but doesnt make them bad rackets
every single babolat i have hit with, with the exception of the aero storm, has played just like a piece of wood. they are indescribably horrible and useless.

its jsut their rackets i'm against. they make very good string
jazar is offline  
post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 06:36 AM
Registered User
 
GustavoM_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Athens
Posts: 18,579
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
i have no affiliation with any racket manufacturer. i work in a store that sells all the major racket brands and i sell people the racket i think is right for them, even if it is a shitty babolat
to what people u sell a shitty babolat ?

Gustavo Marcaccio David Nalbandian Jo-Jo Tsonga Marcos Baghdatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend

Last edited by GustavoM_Fan; 06-24-2008 at 06:44 AM.
GustavoM_Fan is offline  
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
to what people u sell a shitty babolat ?
Gaz seems to be a major buyer.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 214
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

I had the babolat pure drive and I loved the way it played from the first time I hit with it. I could put plenty of spin on the ball and had pretty good control. there are very few racquets I have liked from the first time I have hit with them. So I fell in love with the babolat. And here comes the bad part. Those raquets are so fragile that its not even funny. I have been stringing my own raquets for about 10 years now. And I have never broken a raquet while stringing it. Well that changed with one of my friend's babolats. I thought it broke because it was kind of old and it might have had pre-existing crack. So I bought myself 2 brand new babolat pure drives and guess what, I didn't even get the chance to hit with one of them, it broke on the machine again. I admit that my machine was a crappy one and I changed it after that incident, but I had had it for about 2 years and I had used it with a bunch of different raquets at higher tensions then the one which broke the two babolats, and never had a problem. So I replaced my stringing machine, and have been stringing the one babolat I have left on it at the minimum tension recommended.The frame is still holding up, but another problem appeared - the grommets. It looks like couple of them are broken and the string touches the frame which causes the string to brake at that spot. after having that happening twice (the last time the string had only 15 minutes play on it) I gave up and retired the pure drive. And now I am back to my old favourite HEAD CLASSIC. Another problem with the raquet is the string guard at the tip. It is very shallow and at certain points the string is very poorly protected from touching the court.
gindyo is offline  
post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 41
Posts: 20
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gindyo View Post
I had the babolat pure drive and I loved the way it played from the first time I hit with it. I could put plenty of spin on the ball and had pretty good control. there are very few racquets I have liked from the first time I have hit with them. So I fell in love with the babolat. And here comes the bad part. Those raquets are so fragile that its not even funny. I have been stringing my own raquets for about 10 years now. And I have never broken a raquet while stringing it. Well that changed with one of my friend's babolats. I thought it broke because it was kind of old and it might have had pre-existing crack. So I bought myself 2 brand new babolat pure drives and guess what, I didn't even get the chance to hit with one of them, it broke on the machine again. I admit that my machine was a crappy one and I changed it after that incident, but I had had it for about 2 years and I had used it with a bunch of different raquets at higher tensions then the one which broke the two babolats, and never had a problem. So I replaced my stringing machine, and have been stringing the one babolat I have left on it at the minimum tension recommended.The frame is still holding up, but another problem appeared - the grommets. It looks like couple of them are broken and the string touches the frame which causes the string to brake at that spot. after having that happening twice (the last time the string had only 15 minutes play on it) I gave up and retired the pure drive. And now I am back to my old favourite HEAD CLASSIC. Another problem with the raquet is the string guard at the tip. It is very shallow and at certain points the string is very poorly protected from touching the court.
I dont want to be a smart ass or anything but maybe you dont know how to string racket because my babolat as been strung twice this year and with no problem even the guy that strung it for me he told me that these are solid racket and we put the tension up to 67 if i wanted too.
goldenboy_oscar is offline  
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Registered User
 
ThizServe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 128
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

i believe babolats are decent racquets. i have a babolat aerostrom myself and i love it.
never tried the pure drive so i dont have an opinion about it.

jazar is right about the fact that the aerostorm is an excellent racquet though

laugh at others fall
punch if others laugh at your fall
ThizServe is offline  
post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Registered User
 
jazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Age: 27
Posts: 7,354
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy_oscar View Post
I dont want to be a smart ass or anything but maybe you dont know how to string racket because my babolat as been strung twice this year and with no problem even the guy that strung it for me he told me that these are solid racket and we put the tension up to 67 if i wanted too.
you must have gotten lucky then. i have heard many stories of babolats, particularly pure drives and pure drive roddicks, cracking when being strung at higher tensions, even at tensions still within the recommended range
jazar is offline  
post #71 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 10:00 AM
country flag gaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 228
                     
Re: Babolat pure drive

i bought the pure drive about 4 years ago and they would both be strung at least once a week and always above 65 and never cracked in my machine
grommets are a problem in most rackets and you replace a grommet strip which can take a bit longer in the bab's due ti the unique design but only take between 5 and 15 mins once you have done a few

remember if you are stiringing at high tensions make sure it stays even on bith sides and when doing mains and start crosses from the top
gaz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome