Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them! - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 10,045
                     
Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

I tend to lose a lot of 3 set matches, maybe I'm mentally not so strong. Usually I get angry at myself if I make an UE. Please ask me anything about my style etc. Maybe you can give me tips to improve my game

Code:
2009 singles record: 4-5

23 feb (hard outdoors): vs Margaret (48 yr old woman) 2-6 6-3 7-10 (Super TB)
24 feb (carpet indoors): vs Roy (fellow 16 yr old boy) 6-0 1-6 7-10 (Super TB)
13 mar (clay outdoors): vs Simon (15 yr old boy) 6-3 6-2 6-3
22 mar (clay oudoors): vs Roy (fellow 16 yr old boy) 6-4 6-7(2) 6-3 2-6 3-6
11 apr (clay outdoors: vs UNK (UNK) 7-6(5) 6-4
18 apr (clay outdoors): vs Lars (15 yr old boy) 6-1 4-6 6-2
19 apr (clay outdoors): vs Victor (15 year old boy) 6-3 4-6 5-7
10 may (clay outdoors): vs Lars (15 yr old boy) 6-0 6-7(8) 7-6(8)
17 may (clay outdoors): vs Youri (16 yr old boy) 6-7(2) 7-6(4) 4-6
Code:
2009 doubles record: 7-0

1 mar (carpet indoors) w/Anne vs Merel/Jurren 6-2 6-0
1 mar (carpet indoors) w/Miriam vs Anne/Lars 6-3 6-1
18 apr (clay outdoors) w/Miriam vs UNK/UNK 6-1 6-1
18 apr (clay outdoors) w/Lars vs UNK/UNK 6-3 6-0
2 may (clay outdoors) w/Simon vs UNK/UNK 6-4 6-1
2 may (clay outdoors) w/Anne vs UNK/UNK 6-4 6-7 6-2
10 may (clay outdoors) w/Simon vs UNK/UNK 6-0 6-0

Last edited by Yves.; 05-14-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Yves. is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered User
 
Renaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,055
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

If you lose against a 48yr old woman, i think you should retire.

~♠ Lisnardaire(s) ~
un pour un, un pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline  
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Mom 2 2 Beauties
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On the deuce side, Looking to Come In
Posts: 11,915
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
If you lose against a 48yr old woman, i think you should retire.


Perhaps I should retire then. I lose to 48+ year old women all the time. Of course, I'm 43 myself.

But seriously, I stopped considering the age (and apparent infirmity) of my opponents a long time ago. Never judge a book by its cover, I say. If they're still playing at that age, there's a reason why. Experience, especially at the club, makes up for a lot of stuff.

Yves...I wouldn't so much sweat these early season losses in TB. Some of it is mental conditioning. Just go ask James Blake about playing in a 5th set. I find Super TB especially difficult. It's a long way to "10" it seems.

Hang in there and keep it. BELIEVE you can prevail.

I love my girls.
Angle Queen is offline  
post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 10,045
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
If you lose against a 48yr old woman, i think you should retire.
She plays a very high competition in England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen View Post


Perhaps I should retire then. I lose to 48+ year old women all the time. Of course, I'm 43 myself.

But seriously, I stopped considering the age (and apparent infirmity) of my opponents a long time ago. Never judge a book by its cover, I say. If they're still playing at that age, there's a reason why. Experience, especially at the club, makes up for a lot of stuff.

Yves...I wouldn't so much sweat these early season losses in TB. Some of it is mental conditioning. Just go ask James Blake about playing in a 5th set. I find Super TB especially difficult. It's a long way to "10" it seems.

Hang in there and keep it. BELIEVE you can prevail.
Thanks. In a few hours when I'm playing, I'll think about you.
Yves. is online now  
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Registered User
 
Bernard Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,821
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
23 feb (hard outdoors): vs Margaret (48 yr woman) 2-6, 6-3, 7-10 (Super TB)


Quote:
Maybe you can give me tips to improve my game
Retire.
Bernard Black is offline  
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered User
 
Bernard Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,821
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Just kidding, Yves.

Don't worry, everyone gets tight in the deciding set. You just need to have a gameplan, stick to the gameplan and don't think about the score. Easy in theory; difficult in practice.
Bernard Black is offline  
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 10,045
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

40 yr old can be good, no? Why is that so weird????
Yves. is online now  
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered User
 
Bernard Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,821
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

It's just funny, I respect you for admitting it though. She'd probably school me too if she's as good as you say!

You bounced back well in the second set after losing that first set heavily, sounds like you had her tiring - then you went and lost the tie-break, what happened??? Fit 16 year old lad, you should be giving the old players the run around when the match gets extended.
Bernard Black is offline  
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered User
 
DartMarcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Russia
Age: 23
Posts: 3,735
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Advices: 1)Super-tiebreak is joke, play real third set.
2) Improve your serve and try to hold it during the match.

Mardy Fish!

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline  
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 10,045
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusZidane View Post
It's just funny, I respect you for admitting it though. She'd probably school me too if she's as good as you say!

You bounced back well in the second set after losing that first set heavily, sounds like you had her tiring - then you went and lost the tie-break, what happened??? Fit 16 year old lad, you should be giving the old players the run around when the match gets extended.
She was better at the dicisive points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartMarcus View Post
Advices: 1)Super-tiebreak is joke, play real third set.
2) Improve your serve and try to hold it during the match.
On both occasions we didn't have time to play a full third set.
My serve is too inconsistent, it can be very good though.
Yves. is online now  
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,775
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

If you can develop a solid serve, the rest of your game will improve. By holding serve easier, it takes less pressure off your return games and allows you to play more loose.

At least for me.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusZidane View Post
Just kidding, Yves.

Don't worry, everyone gets tight in the deciding set. You just need to have a gameplan, stick to the gameplan and don't think about the score. Easy in theory; difficult in practice.
So true...

One of these days I was playing a STB with my coach and I wasn't keeping score after I fell 1-5 down. Not caring about the score made me play much better - suddenly I was winning 4 points in a row. Then I made the fatal mistake -asked the score - I was serving twice 8-9. Of course I lost the point...
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 10,045
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
So true...

One of these days I was playing a STB with my coach and I wasn't keeping score after I fell 1-5 down. Not caring about the score made me play much better - suddenly I was winning 4 points in a row. Then I made the fatal mistake -asked the score - I was serving twice 8-9. Of course I lost the point...
Too bad, better luck next time
Yves. is online now  
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered User
 
Rik.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,394
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

What's your 'speelsterkte'?
Rik. is offline  
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 10,045
                     
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik. View Post
What's your 'speelsterkte'?
Doubles 6, singles 6

What's yours?
Yves. is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome