me and lindsayfan wanted to make a quotes thread and hope that lots of people will contribute- we'd appreciate nething at all you hear about the french players from their mouths or other people talkign about them. okay well i'll get it started:
* Arnaud on his tattoo: 'the owl symbolises intelligence and wisdom. two things i dont have!'
* thierry tulasne on arnaud and seb: 'they behave like brothers. they fall asleep in each other's arms while watching TV'
* Arnaud on his main fault: 'disagreable when hungry'
* Arnaud on aussie open '01 final: "Thirty percent of me was thinking 'oh la la, I'm going to play in the final of a Grand Slam, but 70 percent of it was thinking 'oh la la, I'm going to have to make a speech in English."
* Arnaud on living in geneva:
Q. You live in Switzerland. Why don't you live in France?
ARNAUD CLEMENT: I like Geneva. It's very nice. You know, there's lots of French guys on this city, Arnaud Di Pasquale, Nicolas Escude. It's great to practice with them.
Q. Is it a matter of taxes?
ARNAUD CLEMENT: No (smiling).
* what Seb had in his bag during RG '02:
"Right now my rackets are being strung, but I usually have
six with me. I also take along string, Surgrip, shirts...I take two
changes of clothes, just in case, but as a general rule, I don't like
to change on the court, unless I fall! In fact I take the strict
minimum: vitamins, a banana, and I also have photos of my wife and my little girl in my bag."
* Michael Llodra on the bird he killed during doubles semi Aussie Open 02:
I don't know what is happening, you know. I hit the ball and I kill the bird. But you know, it's like this - I can do nothing about that . . . at least I saved the moth."
* Seb on favourite movies: 'I like all James Bond films and Inspector Gadget' (hehe inspector gadget!
* Arnaud after Monte Carlo '02 loss: 'Clay makes me sick.'
* Escude on playing on centre court:
Q. I have a question that has nothing to do with your match, but the center court here. I would like to hear about the first match that you played there against Becker. You were very young. How did you feel then?
NICOLAS ESCUDE: There was no pressure whatsoever before starting the match. When I actually set foot on the center court, I realized where I was. I felt totally petrified from beginning to end. All I wanted to do was go back home and see my mommy and my daddy.