Dc 2011 - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #346 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,695
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
just a bit tired but he can still win no problem for him

Knew those pressers were boring but really. Hopefully he does that on the court tomorrow but as you say - Nadal on clay, in Spain, for Davis Cup - probably doesn't matter.
Schu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #347 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered User
 
Jozie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Johannesburg, RSA
Posts: 911
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
just a bit tired but he can still win no problem for him



Funny pic. I read somewhere that Rafa punishes himself by flying economy class, when he loses a match. He must be exhausted then.

______________________________

~♠ Gasqueteers ♠~

all for one, one for all
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Jozie is offline  
post #348 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Registered User
 
Lindsayfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: in danger - and loving it
Posts: 3,539
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Spain leads France 1-0 after an awful performance by Richard Gasquet. Nadal was ok, but Gasquet was the worst I've seen in years. Again, it's not about to lose but the way you lose. And he lost without fighting. and that's unacceptable.
Lindsayfan is offline  
post #349 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered User
 
Puschkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 15,912
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Yep, it has to be admitted: A poor performance from Richard, even more so, as I have seen only sets 2 and 3.

______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline  
post #350 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered User
 
Lesliem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seine & Marne
Age: 25
Posts: 215
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsayfan View Post
Spain leads France 1-0 after an awful performance by Richard Gasquet. Nadal was ok, but Gasquet was the worst I've seen in years. Again, it's not about to lose but the way you lose. And he lost without fighting. and that's unacceptable.
I'm ok with you. Richard was not fighting after the 1st set, he was not even running on some points. It's a pity because he's able to disturb Rafa with his game (not the game he produced today) but he has not the attitude to do so. He was resigned .

Clément * Paire * Gasquet
Djokovic * Mahut * Llodra * Tsonga * Dimitrov * Chardy * Simon * Federer
Lesliem is offline  
post #351 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered User
 
Stronga23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 3,197
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Guy Forget needs to go. That was a horrible decision not to put Jo in one of the matches. La Monf's injury woes killed us



Stronga,Monfils,DelPo,Nalbandian,Berdych,Gulbis,Ha as and Djokovic are the players I support the most.
Stronga23 is offline  
post #352 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered User
 
ImmzB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 14,648
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Spain 2-0 France

Spain dominate the 1st day with 2 easy singles victories! All the best to Llodra/Tsonga tomorrow for the doubles rubber, needing to win to keep France in the tie!

[A.U.H.Qureshi] [R.Gasquet] [R.Nadal] [The Indo-Pak Express] [J.W.Tsonga] [P.H.Mathieu] [E.Gulbis] [J.Ward] [G.Monfils] [F.Verdasco] [Samir Iftikhar]

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]


- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline  
post #353 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,695
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonfilsFanatic View Post
Guy Forget needs to go. That was a horrible decision not to put Jo in one of the matches. La Monf's injury woes killed us
Why does everyone think Jo who was recovering from USO, had only 2-3 days practice on clay would have beaten Ferrer on clay with a hostile Spainish crowd? I suspect Jo wasn't ready to play. I'm not Forget's biggest fan but there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes we know nothing about so maybe we should stop second guessing Forget. Forget like everyone else, thinks Jo can walk on water so I strongly suspect if Jo felt ready he would have played.

Richard was horrible, and his resigned attitude was even worse (and that pains me cuz I'm a big Richie fan) but he was going to loose against Nadal no matter what and probably so would have Simon or Jo IN Spain ON clay.

With Monfils healthy there was a small chance and if the tie were in France on a fast court, a much bigger chance but this tie under these circumstances is almost impossible no matter what Forget did. If Team France can pull out a win in doubles, I'd love to be able to eat my words on Sunday and have both Jo and Simon prove me wrong and FOrget be the genius for letting Jo rest and get better perpared for a Sunday match, but there has to be a SUnday match.

Last edited by Schu; 09-16-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Schu is offline  
post #354 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Why does everyone think Jo who was recovering from USO, had only 2-3 days practice on clay would have beaten Ferrer on clay with a hostile Spainish crowd? I suspect Jo wasn't ready to play. I'm not Forget's biggest fan but there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes we know nothing about so maybe we should stop second guessing Forget. Forget like everyone else, thinks Jo can walk on water so I strongly suspect if Jo felt ready he would have played.

Richard was horrible, and his resigned attitude was even worse (and that pains me cuz I'm a big Richie fan) but he was going to loose against Nadal no matter what and probably so would have Simon or Jo IN Spain ON clay.

With Monfils healthy there was a small chance and if the tie were in France on a fast court, a much bigger chance but this tie under these circumstances is almost impossible no matter what Forget did. If Team France can pull out a win in doubles, I'd love to be able to eat my words on Sunday and have both Jo and Simon prove me wrong and FOrget be the genius for letting Jo rest and get better perpared for a Sunday match, but there has to be a SUnday match.

Noone in that team stood a cats chance in hell of beating Nadal on clay in Spain. The bagel makes me want to kick Richard up the arse though. He is a much better clay court player than that. I think Monfils would def have stood a chance against Ferrer but I don't think any of the others would. Even though Tsonga is a big match player he's crap on clay.

No pressure for that doubs match then lol.

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #355 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,839
                     
Re: Dc 2011

I don't see the matches but the scores are ridiculous . I'm starting to think we can also lose doubles today but Jo is a DC player and Verdasco/Lopez not the best doubles players on earth.
soulage is offline  
post #356 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered User
 
Stronga23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 3,197
                     
Re: Dc 2011

We are up 5-0!!! What a start I believe Tsonga can beat Rafa because he is playing like he did at Wimbledon on clay But can Gasquet beat Ferrer if it gets this far?



Stronga,Monfils,DelPo,Nalbandian,Berdych,Gulbis,Ha as and Djokovic are the players I support the most.
Stronga23 is offline  
post #357 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered User
 
ImmzB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 14,648
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Spain 2-1 France

Great performance from Llodra/Tsonga today!

It's likely that Tsonga will play instead of Simon tomorrow against Nadal.

[A.U.H.Qureshi] [R.Gasquet] [R.Nadal] [The Indo-Pak Express] [J.W.Tsonga] [P.H.Mathieu] [E.Gulbis] [J.Ward] [G.Monfils] [F.Verdasco] [Samir Iftikhar]

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]


- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline  
post #358 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,695
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Wow woke up to see the last 2 sets demolition -Think Forget found his doubles team. Kodos to Jo and Mika who really stepped it up. Jo and Mika's great play combined with the horrendous play from Lopez/Verdasco made for quite a

Is NAdal first tomorrow? Now more interesting choices tomorrow for Forget. No way Richard beats Ferrer in Davis Cup so do you hope Simon can beat Nadal (big hope) and Jo play for richard in the 5th OR do you put Jo in for Simon, hope Jo can pull out the still VERY unlikely and then give Richard a brain transplant for a miracle in the 5th - or put in Llodra? Or better yet, break Nadal's arm overnight ....

EDIT-apparently part of this post is misunderstood - not wishing injury to Rafa or suggesting anyone hurt Rafa. This is just my not so eloquent way of saying that it's pretty much impossible to beat Rafa.

Last edited by Schu; 09-18-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Schu is offline  
post #359 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Wow woke up to see the last 2 sets demolition -Think Forget found his doubles team. Kodos to Jo and Mika who really stepped it up. Jo and Mika's great play combined with the horrendous play from Lopez/Verdasco made for quite a

Is NAdal first tomorrow? Now more interesting choices tomorrow for Forget. No way Richard beats Ferrer in Davis Cup so do you hope Simon can beat Nadal (big hope) and Jo play for richard in the 5th OR do you put Jo in for Simon, hope Jo can pull out the still VERY unlikely and then give Richard a brain transplant for a miracle in the 5th - or put in Llodra? Or better yet, break Nadal's arm overnight ....

First match tomorrow is Nadal so imo Forget has no choice but to play Tsonga and hope he is inspired cos Gilles's DC record is dismal and they have to get it to the 5th. If there is a 5th live rubber god knows what he'll do.

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #360 of 370 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered User
 
ImmzB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 14,648
                     
Re: Dc 2011

Imagine if it does go to a 5th rubber and Forget picks Llodra!

[A.U.H.Qureshi] [R.Gasquet] [R.Nadal] [The Indo-Pak Express] [J.W.Tsonga] [P.H.Mathieu] [E.Gulbis] [J.Ward] [G.Monfils] [F.Verdasco] [Samir Iftikhar]

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]


- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome