1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 67 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #991 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Noah is the lone winner from Round 1

Nick KYRGIOS (AUS) [1] d. Stefan KOZLOV (USA) 6-2 6-2
Skander MANSOURI (TUN) d. Martin REDLICKI (USA) 4-6 7-6(5) 6-2
Noah RUBIN (USA) d. Ken ONISHI (JPN) (Q) 7-6(1) 7-5
Daniel WINDAHL (SWE) (Q) d. Luca CORINTELI (USA) 6-4 6-4
Johan Sebastien TATLOT (FRA) [8] d. Spencer PAPA (USA) 7-5 6-4
All close losses except for Stefan but then again he did face Kyrgios.
zumbazumba is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #992 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SapELee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,648
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
i m not sure there are players like that this year. Last year there a few. The only one is Ronnie, i think
Yeah, just realized that the players I had in mind had turned or will turn 19 by the time the USO rolls around

Since Escobedo and Donaldson look like they are going the pro route, I don't mind seeing one of them get a qualifying wildcard.

Rhyne Williams
Brian Baker Welcome Back
Jared Donaldson



http://justdroptheball.blogspot.com/

Last edited by SapELee; 06-24-2013 at 12:17 AM.
SapELee is offline  
post #993 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Yeah, just realized that the players I had in mind had turned or will turn 19 by the time the USO rolls around

Since Escobedo and Donaldson look like they are going the pro route, I don't mind seeing one of them get a qualifying wildcard.
It is not likely to happen to those two. They are not ready for anything like that.
zumbazumba is offline  
post #994 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SapELee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,648
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
It is not likely to happen to those two. They are not ready for anything like that.
K-Zoo is pretty wide open IMO. They just need to finish as a runner up to get the QWC
Maybe they should change the policy and give the winner a QWC instead of a MDWC.

Rhyne Williams
Brian Baker Welcome Back
Jared Donaldson



http://justdroptheball.blogspot.com/

Last edited by SapELee; 06-24-2013 at 04:04 AM.
SapELee is offline  
post #995 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
K-Zoo is pretty wide open IMO. They just need to finish as a runner up to get the QWC
Maybe they should change the policy and give the winner a QWC instead of a MDWC.
Neither Escobedo and Donaldson have the quality to go deep in K-Zoo. Escobedo is very one dimensional and although has a big forehand can t beat many players that will be participating (Rubin, Kozlov, Schneider, Corinteli, Papa, Thai and the list goes on). Donaldson is more versatile but also can t go deep in my opinion because he won t be seeded and is bound to have a tough draw. Bottom line, I agree, that none of these kids have the quality to even have a competitive match with anyone in US Open MD
zumbazumba is offline  
post #996 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SapELee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,648
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Noah def. Jarry 64 75 will play Couacaud next.

Also JC Aragone and Andrew Ball are still alive in the National Playoffs.

Rhyne Williams
Brian Baker Welcome Back
Jared Donaldson



http://justdroptheball.blogspot.com/
SapELee is offline  
post #997 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Noah plays Luke Bambridge, that's very tough
Luca plays JS Tatlot, also very tough
Spencer plays Hyeon Chung

Last edited by Smoke944; 06-28-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Smoke944 is offline  
post #998 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 06:34 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 398
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Sadly, I think all 3 lose first round. But this jr wimbledon draw is super tough all around right now.

Side note: Ymer vs Zverev, Kokkinakis vs Montgomery, Hamou vs Napolitano, Silva vs Enzo Couacaud could easily all be quarterfinal matchups. Crazy first rounders.

Last edited by PTWahoo14; 06-28-2013 at 06:38 AM.
PTWahoo14 is offline  
post #999 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
Sadly, I think all 3 lose first round. But this jr wimbledon draw is super tough all around right now.

Side note: Ymer vs Zverev, Kokkinakis vs Montgomery, Hamou vs Napolitano, Silva vs Enzo Couacaud could easily all be quarterfinal matchups. Crazy first rounders.
Spencer has a good chance to beat the Korean. I think his record against that kid is 2-0. And both times in straight sets
zumbazumba is offline  
post #1000 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 398
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
Spencer has a good chance to beat the Korean. I think his record against that kid is 2-0. And both times in straight sets
Looks like they only met once at roland garros last year, but you're right Spencer won that easily.

However, Spencer was coming off a very good clay court season and was in really good condition back then. He's not winning as much right now. And Hyeon Chung has been doing great in Korean futures all year, including winning one just last month. I'd say all the momentum is in the Korean's favor right now. Unless he is just terrible on grass, i bet he wins in straights (no offense to spencer).
PTWahoo14 is offline  
post #1001 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SapELee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,648
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Luke Bambridge (GBR) def. Noah Rubin (USA) 3-6 6-4 9-7

Tough loss

Rhyne Williams
Brian Baker Welcome Back
Jared Donaldson



http://justdroptheball.blogspot.com/
SapELee is offline  
post #1002 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
Looks like they only met once at roland garros last year, but you're right Spencer won that easily.

However, Spencer was coming off a very good clay court season and was in really good condition back then. He's not winning as much right now. And Hyeon Chung has been doing great in Korean futures all year, including winning one just last month. I'd say all the momentum is in the Korean's favor right now. Unless he is just terrible on grass, i bet he wins in straights (no offense to spencer).
Unfortunately (and IMO expectedly) you were quite right. Lost 6-3 6-2. He hasn't done anything at all this year.
Smoke944 is offline  
post #1003 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

And that's a tough loss for Noah. I am sure he will have a great summer HC season, though.
Smoke944 is offline  
post #1004 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SapELee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,648
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Unfortunately (and IMO expectedly) you were quite right. Lost 6-3 6-2. He hasn't done anything at all this year.
Yeah, kinda expected for me as well. I can't even remember his last win tbh. I don't understand why he regresses so much. Looking at the stats, his unforced errors http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score...3/21103ms.html

Rhyne Williams
Brian Baker Welcome Back
Jared Donaldson



http://justdroptheball.blogspot.com/
SapELee is offline  
post #1005 of 1292 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SapELee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,648
                     
Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Luca lost 63 62.

Have a feeling that Brymer will win Kalamazoo.

Rhyne Williams
Brian Baker Welcome Back
Jared Donaldson



http://justdroptheball.blogspot.com/

Last edited by SapELee; 06-29-2013 at 11:08 PM.
SapELee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome