Lucky you Rebecca!!! I went for the first time last year and I wish someone had told me these things:
1. Second Monday is fourth round matches...best day to have Arthur Ashe tickets!! Of course, even a grounds pass is good that day.
2. The night matches really are the best. Bring a windbreaker and warm clothes.
3. For day matches, don't forget to put sunscreen on your feet if you wear sandals or open-toed shoes!!! It goes without saying, don't forget the sunscreen, sunglasses and sunhat if you don't want to be looking like a tomato.
4. Bring your own food and drink in a large tote bag. And don't forget the extra sunscreen.
5. If you can afford to do it, pay for the closer seats on Arthur Ashe. The other courts, it doesn't really matter.
6.. Did I mention sunscreen?