Agassi will play...
AGASSI SET FOR QUEEN'S COMEBACK
By Mark Staniforth, PA Sport
Andre Agassi will return from a three-month competitive absence to play at the Stella Artois Championships at Queen's Club in June.
The 36-year-old is determined to make the most of the grass-court season having missed out on another Wimbledon appearance due to injury last year.
Agassi, who has not played since the Indian Wells event in March, will instead sit out the entire clay-court season in order to arrive in London in the best possible shape.
Agassi said: "The wear and tear of the clay-court season is something that has set me back in the past in terms of the grass-court season and the grass season is something I do not want to miss again."
The American joins British trio Andy Murray, Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski, plus the likes of Rafael Nadal and Lleyton Hewitt in confirming his participation in the Queen's event which begins on June 12.
Tournament director Ian Wight said: "Andre always brings a little bit of extra magic. His decision to return to the Stella Artois is a wonderful bonus for our spectators."
Agassi made his first appearance at the Stella Artois in 2000 and reached the semi-finals in 2003 where he lost a tight battle with compatriot Andy Roddick.
Last year he was forced to miss the entire grass-court season after suffering a recurrence of a back injury in a first-round French Open defeat to Jarkko Nieminen.
Increasingly picking his tournaments to keep injuries at bay, Agassi has played just three top-level tournaments so far this year and is unlikely to add to that tally before Queen's.