Mens Tennis Forums banner

I woke up early for this?

822 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  karenrac 
#1 ·
Just my luck. I finally have a day off (I work 6 days this week), and it rains all day so I'm treated to Chanda Rubin crushing her opponent, the formerly overhyped Justin Gimelstob, and Mardy Fish - all while already knowing who won (there may have been more, but I fell asleep for a while in the middle).

That's what I never understood about tennis coverage - why do they say the result before showing the match when there's a rain delay. True, the people that have been following the tournament closely are already going to know, but it would make the match more interesting for people who just happen to be dropping in - and I'm guessing there are a lot. Oh well, it's an improvement over the old days when they'd just re-show Pete/Andre/WilliamsX2 no matter how crappy the match was or how many times it's already been shown.

#3 ·
if it can help u,i went to bed at 5 am cos i waited for Lindsay's match.it had to start at 1 am my time,and it started at 2 am and until 5 am they didnt say if they would play or not so i stayed up until 5 when italian commentator told us "ok no play for today,see u tomorrow" i was so mad!! :fiery:

#6 ·
I actually finished school this year, so I have all the nights to watch tennis matches... The only problem is that eurosport stops showing the tennis matches just after 2 AM my time.
After the Sampras-Agassi match they showed at the rain delay, they started showing BOXING! wtf?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.