NRL ROUND 25 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 38
Posts: 2,330
                     
NRL ROUND 25

Friday night's match offers a bit of value either way but who'd be game to side with the Bulldogs or Manly given the former's injury / suspension crisis and the latter's fragility minus Ben Kennedy .. Home ground advantage and the strong scent of a top four spot tips it in favour of the Sea Eagles though ..

On face value the Dragons should cover the 11.5 start against the Sharks, who're surely a little shellshocked after bombing a twenty point lead and with it their finals hopes last weekend.

Can't understand the prices on the Newcastle ($1.55) v Penrith ($2.40) clash .. Newcastle had to work very hard to see off a virtual Cowboys Young Guns outfit last week, and without Andrew Johns they appear ripe for the picking if the Panthers decide to turn up. That's the big if though ..

Will be interesting to see how Melbourne reacts to last weekend's surprise loss. Will it knock them off kilter a bit or will they bounce back to their best? If it's the latter they should have too much pace and slick execution for the Raiders .. even in Canberra.

Hard to get a read on the Parramatta - Brisbane game .. If Brisbane's forwards turn up ready to rough up the Eels then they'll be a chance of containing them. But if the Eels are allowed to get a roll on up the middle their dummy half runners will give the Broncos a tonne of trouble. It's a real clash of two contrasting styles .. The difference being if Parramatta hold sway they'll likely win by a fair margin.

Souths look morals to roll the Cowboys .. The local lads are a rabble and all the talk from their camp is about "what went wrong" this year ect ect .. Souths, for all their faults, should have far too many points in them.
Mr Flamboyant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered User
 
sports freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,056
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flamboyant
Friday night's match offers a bit of value either way but who'd be game to side with the Bulldogs or Manly given the former's injury / suspension crisis and the latter's fragility minus Ben Kennedy .. Home ground advantage and the strong scent of a top four spot tips it in favour of the Sea Eagles though ..

On face value the Dragons should cover the 11.5 start against the Sharks, who're surely a little shellshocked after bombing a twenty point lead and with it their finals hopes last weekend.

Can't understand the prices on the Newcastle ($1.55) v Penrith ($2.40) clash .. Newcastle had to work very hard to see off a virtual Cowboys Young Guns outfit last week, and without Andrew Johns they appear ripe for the picking if the Panthers decide to turn up. That's the big if though ..

Will be interesting to see how Melbourne reacts to last weekend's surprise loss. Will it knock them off kilter a bit or will they bounce back to their best? If it's the latter they should have too much pace and slick execution for the Raiders .. even in Canberra.

Hard to get a read on the Parramatta - Brisbane game .. If Brisbane's forwards turn up ready to rough up the Eels then they'll be a chance of containing them. But if the Eels are allowed to get a roll on up the middle their dummy half runners will give the Broncos a tonne of trouble. It's a real clash of two contrasting styles .. The difference being if Parramatta hold sway they'll likely win by a fair margin.

Souths look morals to roll the Cowboys .. The local lads are a rabble and all the talk from their camp is about "what went wrong" this year ect ect .. Souths, for all their faults, should have far too many points in them.
Good luck champ,Really like the Bunnies aswell to crush those hapless Cowboys should be another massacre also take the Manly over the Dogs,good price their since i feel they will win comfortably!!!Eels vs Broncos should be a ripper therefor take the 1-12 option is the most likely result!!Sharks could easily cover +11.5,they play tough against the Dragons also got the size to match them!!!Warriors -6.5 looks good!!!Knights should be too strong at home,they meant business beating Cowboys away!!
sports freak is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 974
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flamboyant
Can't understand the prices on the Newcastle ($1.55) v Penrith ($2.40) clash .. Newcastle had to work very hard to see off a virtual Cowboys Young Guns outfit last week, and without Andrew Johns they appear ripe for the picking if the Panthers decide to turn up. That's the big if though ..
No Gower for the Panther would have a great deal to do with that price.
andrew057 is offline  
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 06:30 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 3,750
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Canterburry Skankstown over Manly @ $2.10

Bulldogs to win it easy.

My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 06:37 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Doggies for me as well - $2.15

gl
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered User
 
sports freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,056
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler
Canterburry Skankstown over Manly @ $2.10

Bulldogs to win it easy.
sports freak is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Manly will flog them. I'm on Manly ML
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 38
Posts: 2,330
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak
... a very dignified way to strongly disagree Sports Freak .. Love it!!

Tough game to pick, the conditions will suit the Bulldogs, but Manly have it all to play for .. Really need the Sea Eagles to win for work tipping competition purposes!!
Mr Flamboyant is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Tossing up about the over and under play.

The total is set at 37.

I'm thinking maybe the first half over 16.5.

Thoughts"
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 38
Posts: 2,330
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

I'm inclined to side with the under 38.5 .. but it'll be very close to that mark either way I think .. an 18-16 type game .. Any word on the weather in Sydney?
Mr Flamboyant is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 38
Posts: 2,330
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Manly 12-0 after 8 minutes ..
Mr Flamboyant is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 12:34 PM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Doggies for me as well - $2.15

gl

I really got to start taking the points when I get the chance

Lost
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 3,750
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak

I thought you supported that crap-arse team?

Anyway you were right.

My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 3,750
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

WOW! Just seen Cronulla are $5.25 tomorrow against Dragons.

Has it been like that all week?

I will definately be putting something on them at that price.
Will also be on Melbourne and Penrith.

My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Registered User
 
sports freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,056
                     
Re: NRL ROUND 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler

I thought you supported that crap-arse team?

Anyway you were right.
I do support this crap arse team was just trying to warn ya that's all,sometimes you know your team too much n have that strong feeling,alsp Flamb did hit the spot with Sea Eagles needing this game alot more plus a couple of injuries to the dogs was helpful!!Good luck on your pics in the weekend!!
sports freak is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome