AFL - Rnd 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 207
                     
AFL - Rnd 2

Absolute certainties:

Brisbane -18.5 @ 1.91
Western Bulldogs -48.5 @ 1.91

Highly likely:

Brisbane -39.5 @ 3.30
Western Bulldogs -59.5 @ 2.56

Very much possible:

Brisbane -59.5 @ 6.80
Western Bulldogs -99.5 @ 13.00

Too far?:

Brisbane -99.5 @ 38.00
kloppy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered User
 
Bolelli Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne
Age: 29
Posts: 1,547
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

lol, ridiculous. Id love to know your reasoning behind your very strong lean towards Brisbane. Carlton have played very well at the GABBA in the past two seasons and have won 3 of the past 5 against Brisbane.

Not to mention that the two teams met in a practice match a few weeks ago, a game Carlton won by 14 points. I know its just a practice match but Jamison destroyed Fevola, keeping him to 1 goal and Carlton were missing Jared Waite who will probably line up on Brown.

I think Brisbane will win a close one, they may very well cover the line but your other suggestions are ludicrous.
Bolelli Ultra is offline  
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Brisbane rested half their starters for that practice match.

You can't take anything out of that practice match.

Yes, you may have won 3 out of the last 5 or whatever but you don't have a forward line.

Our running defenders and Maguire are going to have a field day.

Carlton will get flogged.

If Brisbane don't cover the spread against Carlton I'll never post on the Gamblers Lounge again.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Dogs will bounce back this week big time too.

Oh, UNLOAD ON MELBOURNE TO WIN THE WOODEN SPOON - the team would only be aiming at a couple of wins this year. Trust me, they want the spoon. They need good picks.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 207
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelli Ultra View Post
lol, ridiculous. Id love to know your reasoning behind your very strong lean towards Brisbane.
Are you a Carlton supporter? If so your judgment may be a little clouded... citing that practice match as an indicator of anything only confirms this. The recent head-head results also reveal nothing... swap Fevola's jumper to a Brisbane one, remove Judd and Carlton lose ALL those games by 10 goals plus.

Look, Carlton have no forward line, an average backline and judd-less midfield. Brisbane have an exceptional forward line, a solid backline and a dangerous midfield. Brisbane are a side that uses momentum like no other... they run in waves, the ball appears almost drawn to their forward line and in the space of 20 minutes they have kicked 7-8 goals. This game will be a massacre.
kloppy is offline  
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 207
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Oh, UNLOAD ON MELBOURNE TO WIN THE WOODEN SPOON - the team would only be aiming at a couple of wins this year. Trust me, they want the spoon. They need good picks.
Have to disagree with you there. Melbourne have some important players to return still... they'll improve, and I expect 6-8 wins from them this year. Richmond will be lucky to win a game this year though... Rnd 1 is their level... they won't improve... this is it. They will win the spoon with ease.
kloppy is offline  
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:57 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
If Brisbane don't cover the spread against Carlton I'll never post on the Gamblers Lounge again.


Early lean for me are the Swans getting 15.5 points against the Crows. Easily the most impressive team that lost over the weekend and if it weren't for a couple of free kicks given to the Saints golden boy they could have won that game
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Registered User
 
beeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 165
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloppy View Post
Are you a Carlton supporter? If so your judgment may be a little clouded... citing that practice match as an indicator of anything only confirms this. The recent head-head results also reveal nothing... swap Fevola's jumper to a Brisbane one, remove Judd and Carlton lose ALL those games by 10 goals plus.

Look, Carlton have no forward line, an average backline and judd-less midfield. Brisbane have an exceptional forward line, a solid backline and a dangerous midfield. Brisbane are a side that uses momentum like no other... they run in waves, the ball appears almost drawn to their forward line and in the space of 20 minutes they have kicked 7-8 goals. This game will be a massacre.
I think you over-rate Brisbane a liitle, they have a couple of forwards capable of kiicking multile goals, same as last year, a decent (suspect under pressure)injury prone back line(injury prone team for that matter, especially ruckmen) and an slightly below average mid field i believe, especially with Charman out, Black looked poor first up and they turn the ball over all the time, as they did last year. They rely on there key forwards to win them matches which seems to comensate/hide their other deficiencies.
I think Carlton will be a better team without Fev (1 man forward lines dont work) and for that matter niether do 2 man forward line, Brisbane has proved that.
beeker is offline  
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
I think you over-rate Brisbane a liitle, they have a couple of forwards capable of kiicking multile goals, same as last year, a decent (suspect under pressure)injury prone back line(injury prone team for that matter, especially ruckmen) and an slightly below average mid field i believe, especially with Charman out, Black looked poor first up and they turn the ball over all the time, as they did last year. They rely on there key forwards to win them matches which seems to comensate/hide their other deficiencies.
I think Carlton will be a better team without Fev (1 man forward lines dont work) and for that matter niether do 2 man forward line, Brisbane has proved that.
Charman was out most the year last year and we relied on one ruckman and no backline and still made the semi's. The Charman argument is pointless.

Brisbane had Fevola and Brown have more than 12 shots on goal between them last week. You would think they would get at least 70% of those shots in goals. Throw in a goal kicking midfield in Sherman and a Staker who can kick straight and you have plenty of goals there to win you a match.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloppy View Post
Have to disagree with you there. Melbourne have some important players to return still... they'll improve, and I expect 6-8 wins from them this year. Richmond will be lucky to win a game this year though... Rnd 1 is their level... they won't improve... this is it. They will win the spoon with ease.
Trust me. They want the priority pick this year. They are only aiming at 2-3 wins at most. That is word from someone inside the club. Melbourne have the spoon.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

If Brisbane don't cover -18.5, I won't post on the Gamblers Lounge for 12 months starting 1st April 2010. You have my word. As a man who bases himself on pride and integrity, I will stick by that word.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 11:29 PM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
If Brisbane don't cover -18.5, I won't post on the Gamblers Lounge for 12 months starting 1st April 2010. You have my word. As a man who bases himself on pride and integrity, I will stick by that word.
Noted
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 04:16 AM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Brisbane -18.5 @ $1.91 - Good luck
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered User
 
beeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 165
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Charman was out most the year last year and we relied on one ruckman and no backline and still made the semi's. The Charman argument is pointless.

Brisbane had Fevola and Brown have more than 12 shots on goal between them last week. You would think they would get at least 70% of those shots in goals. Throw in a goal kicking midfield in Sherman and a Staker who can kick straight and you have plenty of goals there to win you a match.
Charman argument is pointless IF Clark is playing like he was last year, he did nothing last week, not just in the ruck, he had little impact around the ground from what i saw, . Hence if thats the case the Charmen argument is VERY relavent. And i repeat the Brisbane mid field is less than average compared to the best going round, against the bottom side they will look good, but who expects WCE to make the 8 & they were playing at the gabba, but it is only Rd 1...
beeker is offline  
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
Charman argument is pointless IF Clark is playing like he was last year, he did nothing last week, not just in the ruck, he had little impact around the ground from what i saw, . Hence if thats the case the Charmen argument is VERY relavent. And i repeat the Brisbane mid field is less than average compared to the best going round, against the bottom side they will look good, but who expects WCE to make the 8 & they were playing at the gabba, but it is only Rd 1...
Mate, Charman won't play more than 5 games this year. Clark was sick last week - they nearly took him out of the side. It's an irrelevant argument that you are bringing across. Leunberger is back and fit and he is the other ruckman and he played well last week.

If Charman was fully fit, Charman would be playing reserves. Charman won't be around much this year whilst Leunberger and Clark are fit and firing.

Brisbane's number 1 ruckman at the moment is Clark. Their number two is Leunberger. Their number 3 is Charman. Charman is at the bottom of the food chain. You have no idea what you're talking about. If you did, you wouldn't bring up this Charman argument whilst there's another ruckman in the side other than Clark.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome