Sorry, I was quite busy the last days, but here is the translation of the article:
Björkman and Mirnyi can split
The double season has been a big disappointment for Jonas Björkman and Max Mirnyi. This is the reason why they will probably go different ways next year. The new partner of Jonas can be Kevin Ullyett.
After last season, in which Jonas and Max won some very big titles, they had accepted a similar year this year. But instead they could only take one title (Stockholm Open).
In the Masters Cup in Shanghai the defending champions are already out, after 2 straight loss. There is still one more match to play, but already now Jonas and Max have almost sure taken the decision to try their luck with a new partner for the next season.
- Of course we are both very disappoint. We have both had the worst season in a long time. This was not what we have been expecting after the great year we had last year," Jonas Björkman says.
The Swedish-whiterussian pair would have needed at least a set in their last match in Shanghai. But instead they lost in two straight sets against Hanley/Ullyett.
It is a llittle ironicle that just Ullyett is an alternative for a possible doubles partner of Jonas for next year.
- It is not decided to 100% yet. It is really a lot of high chaparal in the doubles right now, there are a lot of pairs who will change for the next season", Björkman says.
- I have talked to both Kevin and Fabrice Santoro who are both still "free" at the moment. Max has done the same."
What went wrong for you and Max this year?
- We both feel that we did what we could, it just didn´t work like we wanted. We lost our confidence and as a result we started to make easy faults."
- What is also difficult for us is that we often don´t manage to practice for the doubles, because we play singles all the time as well."
It is already decided that Max will play the Australian Open together with Santoro, because Jonas and his wife Petra will expect their 2nd child during that time. Therefore the final round robin match on thursday can be the last match which Jonas and Max play together.
-Of course it would be very sad. We know eachother so well. We will see what is going to happen, if we will continue to play or not."
-But no matter how it will finish, we have learnt a lot from eachother and will have close contact even in the future."