Okay, here is the translation:
His son made a better player of Jonas
For Jonas Wimbledon has become a childrens toy, he can thank Max for this.
The 4-year old son has made a better player of his father.
- His smile makes that I forget looses faster and that I get in a better mood.
Jonas had a long day at work yesterday, mainly because of all the rain. He could practice once, but afterwards he could only wait, wait and wait.
When Jonas finally arrives to the flat where he is staying in during the Wimbledon time, it has become evening. But Jonas is in a great mood anyway.
How can he be in such a good mood?
You can both see and hear the reason.
Jonas couldn´t even open the door to the house, already comes a 4-year old boy, runs to him and hugs him.
- Come daddy, come!
Max throws away Jonas shoes and takes him to the living room.
There you can see toy animals everywhere. The tennisplayer Jonas Björkman doesn´t exist anymore. Here he is only daddy. Suddenly a hunting-leopard (Anmerkung fuer Peggy: Gepard, kannte das englische Wort auch nicht
) is much more important than Fernando Vicente who is Jonas opponent tomorrow.
- To be a daddy has changed me a lot. I am much more relaxed and take many advantages from that. Earlier I was much intensive and when I was playing badly I pushed myself down even more. Then it always took a longer time to get into good mood again, Jonas says.
Jonas thinks of Wimbledon 2003. He played wonderful tennis and reached the quarterfinal against Andy Roddick.
- I was expecting to beat him, but played a very bad match (4:6, 2:6, 4:6).
I was so sad and got home very depressed and sad. When I got home Max gave me a huge smile. I have never forgotten a bad defeat that fast. This has developped more and more and it has helped me a lot.
- There are so many more things which make me happy and I can thank Petra and Max for that. It feels good not to think about tennis all the time. Yesterday we played football and a bit of tennis. For me this is a perfect balance. Maybe this is the reason why I am still playing so good, despite my age.
You are not old at all. A.W. Gore was 41 years old when he won the singles tournament 1909.
- No, 35 years is actually not old. Look at the hockey players as Yzerman, Shanahan and Lidström. Also in football there are many older players who are playing very good. The age is only a number. The most important thing is how fresh your body is.
Your shape is good. You have only lost one match on grass court this year.
- Yes, it feels very good. I have played my best ever claycourt season and the confidence I got there helped me on grass.
How do you look back on last years Wimbledon and your semifinal there?
- This have been the 2 best weeks for me as a tennis player. When I am on the court, I am concentrated to 100%. But as soon as I get off the court I relax. Every morning I went between the house we rent and the venue. I felt the atmosphere and saw the long queues. I am happy that I could experience this in the end of my career. I could enjoy everything around.
You played your first Wimbledon in 1993. Which is your best memory from all the years?
- The mixed with Anna Kournikova. We played on Court 13. People were hanging in the trees to see our match. I have never seen people been so unfocused when I was serving. They had other things to focus on. Hahaha.
No, the biggest thing was the first doubles title with Todd Woodbridge in 2002. As a little boy I was dreaming about winning something big and as a swedish guy Wimbledon has become so big because of Björn Borg. He is a legend.
I wanted to be in the tournament in the 2nd week to meet him, I wanted to see him.
Did he call you and congratulate on your semifinal last year?
- No. I don´t even know if he has my number. I would be proud if I would have his. He is a real hero. He is following the results, this is very much appreciated. I talked to him in Båstad last year. Directly he came and congratulated me.
Do you still have any contact with Kournikova?
- She is calling me all the time. It is so stressful. I am so tired on her. Hahaha. No, we don´t have any contact.
Is there someone who can avoid Roger Federer fifth title in a row?
- He is the big favourite. Everyone was wondering if someone ever could bother Björn record, but Federer has all the qualifications.
You have to defend a semifinal in doubles. You are also loaded Max, aren´t you?
- Yes, in the double meaning, Jonas says.