As in 2015 and 2016 in 2017 we will provide WC to successful challenger players. The rules will be same like last year.
2.3.4 Wild Cards (WC)
184.108.40.206 Qualified tournaments
- One Wild Card will be given into the main draw of each of the following tournaments: Indian Wells, Miami, Monte-Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Queens, Halle, Hamburg, Washington, Montreal/Toronto, Cincinnati, Winston-Salem, Shanghai, Paris.
220.127.116.11 How the WC works
- Points accumulated at challengers played prior to a qualified tournament (according to a pre-estabilished calendar) will count for a specific ranking.
- A player must win at least one of the challengers to be eligible to compete for the WC.
- The player who scores the highest amount of points will be awarded a WC into the Main Draw of the qualified tournament.
- If the ranking counts for two qualified tournaments, the player ranked first will get the WC reserved for the first of the two events and the player ranked second will get the WC for the second event.
18.104.22.168 How to break ties
- Ties are broken by the following:
a) fewest number of events played.
b) number of titles in challengers which count for the WC ranking.
c) position in the latest Singles Entry Ranking.
22.214.171.124 WC's & direct entries
- If the player who earns the WC already has a direct entry or choose not to use the WC into the qualified tournament, the next player in the WC ranking will get the spot.
126.96.36.199 How to apply for a WC?
- Players must apply for the WC spot before the final deadline.