Ask the board Thread - Page 45 - MensTennisForums.com

 57Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #661 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 34,619
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiKuba View Post
where to warn admins please ?
Just sent a PM to Sonja1989


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App


Tennis Tipping 2016


Singles : 165 (Best 88) -
Doubles : 54 (Best 50) -

Finals CH

Singles : 4:4
Doubles : 10:9 CH (ATP 3:0)
dinkulpus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #662 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,001
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
I think CB involves components of an actual match, as if the opponents that are even played each other in the previous round. In the end picking winners is what's important and if you picked more winners in previous rounds, you should win.

GD is not part of any match and is only used as last resort.

It is only half of an argument. If we follow that logic then why PTS system is before the CB?
valac222 is offline  
post #663 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:00 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,346
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
It is only half of an argument. If we follow that logic then why PTS system is before the CB?
The short answer - it was suggested that rules be changed for 2014 so CB would count ahead of PTS. This was voted down.

.
(May 1st)
ST rank 21 (best 1) - 13 wins, 3 titles (Paris 2014, Madrid + Vienna 2015) YE rank: 16 - 1 - 22
TT singles rank 61 (high 29), Titles: Memphis 2015.... TT doubles rank 28 (high 28). Titles: Quito 2015 (w/scarecrows), Basel 2015, Barcelona 2016 (w/Björki), Estoril 2016 (w/Taz Warrior)
Detailed Tennis Tipping results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline  
post #664 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,001
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
The short answer - it was suggested that rules be changed for 2014 so CB would count ahead of PTS. This was voted down.
Which is pretty logical. Why should a Round I pick decide a Round II match, when the decision can be made on the Round II match. It is exactly what I say: CB should only be used when there is no way to make decision on the actual round pick.


(I understand that there was a need to insert a new method to avoid decision on ranking, and it was inserted to the end, but that was not the logical place)
valac222 is offline  
post #665 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 07:48 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,173
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post

(I understand that there was a need to insert a new method to avoid decision on ranking, and it was inserted to the end, but that was not the logical place)

It can always be put forward for discussion again at the next changes period Laszlo.

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline  
post #666 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,866
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

yup put it up for voting in 2015

I personally don't like using GD at all but I would expand PTS. For example bonus points for actually picking the right score in the right set. Instead of 63 64 and 64 63 being the same.

It's tough though. Out of 25 suggestions last year there were only 2 rule changes. Closer SR ratio in 5 set matches and points for Davis Cup. That's it.

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles: 200
Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)

Last edited by justafanYYC; 02-02-2014 at 09:37 PM.
justafanYYC is offline  
post #667 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Registered User
 
Taz Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,124
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Question about DC points - I gave points for live rubbers only based upon the order of matches in the DC thread, so for example in the Canada v Ukraine tie below, Dudisela75 got points for winning the fourth rubber and making it 3-1 but J99 didn't for the 5th rubber as the tie is "over" at that point based upon the order of matches. Is this correct or if a tie is 2-1 after the doubles should both singles on the Sunday count as live as the picks are sent in at the same time?

Code:
(6) Canada 4:1 Ukraine (c)  

12:13 | Dudisela75 vs. Mishka Logvi #SRs: 8-3
10:09 | Blarghman vs. Cazorla #SRs: 4-5
07:06 | J99/Blarghman vs. digor/Mishka Logvi #SRs: 4-4
04:02 | Dudisela75 vs. (alt) Cazorla #SRs: 1-1
04:04 | J99 vs. digor #SRs: 2-1
Taz Warrior is online now  
post #668 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,346
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
Question about DC points - I gave points for live rubbers only based upon the order of matches in the DC thread, so for example in the Canada v Ukraine tie below, Dudisela75 got points for winning the fourth rubber and making it 3-1 but J99 didn't for the 5th rubber as the tie is "over" at that point based upon the order of matches. Is this correct or if a tie is 2-1 after the doubles should both singles on the Sunday count as live as the picks are sent in at the same time?
I asked about the same thing and got the answer that all ties on Sunday will be treated equally. Either they're all dead, or they're all live, depending only upon whether the score after Saturday is 3-0 or 2-1.

.
(May 1st)
ST rank 21 (best 1) - 13 wins, 3 titles (Paris 2014, Madrid + Vienna 2015) YE rank: 16 - 1 - 22
TT singles rank 61 (high 29), Titles: Memphis 2015.... TT doubles rank 28 (high 28). Titles: Quito 2015 (w/scarecrows), Basel 2015, Barcelona 2016 (w/Björki), Estoril 2016 (w/Taz Warrior)
Detailed Tennis Tipping results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline  
post #669 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:38 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,173
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
It's tough though. Out of 25 suggestions last year there were only 2 rule changes. Closer SR ratio in 5 set matches and points for Davis Cup. That's it.
True - but the main thing was that everybody had the chance for their voice to be heard and their opinions discussed by all.

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline  
post #670 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,785
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
yup put it up for voting in 2015

I personally don't like using GD at all but I would expand PTS. For example bonus points for actually picking the right score in the right set. Instead of 63 64 and 64 63 being the same.

It's tough though. Out of 25 suggestions last year there were only 2 rule changes. Closer SR ratio in 5 set matches and points for Davis Cup. That's it.
Well sadly not everyone fully understands the changes being proposed, or like some of my proposals were misunderstood so were put forth in the wrong way, perhaps I should have somehow explained them better, I will do better next time. So they are likely to get voted down, it's very frustrating I know.

TT stats site: mtftt.info

Last edited by Transcender; 02-04-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Transcender is offline  
post #671 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:52 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,173
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Well sadly not everyone fully understands the changes being proposed, or like some of my proposals were misunderstood so were put forth in the wrong way, perhaps I should have somehow explained them better, I will do better next time, so they are likely to get voted down, it's very frustrating I know.
I'm sure that policy will continue - put it forward again next time.

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline  
post #672 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Registered User
 
Taz Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,124
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I asked about the same thing and got the answer that all ties on Sunday will be treated equally. Either they're all dead, or they're all live, depending only upon whether the score after Saturday is 3-0 or 2-1.
Thanks, where did you ask as I can't see a reference to it anywhere?
Taz Warrior is online now  
post #673 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,346
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
Thanks, where did you ask as I can't see a reference to it anywhere?
I asked keqtqiadv directly.

I'm sure he will confirm here when he sees this.

.
(May 1st)
ST rank 21 (best 1) - 13 wins, 3 titles (Paris 2014, Madrid + Vienna 2015) YE rank: 16 - 1 - 22
TT singles rank 61 (high 29), Titles: Memphis 2015.... TT doubles rank 28 (high 28). Titles: Quito 2015 (w/scarecrows), Basel 2015, Barcelona 2016 (w/Björki), Estoril 2016 (w/Taz Warrior)
Detailed Tennis Tipping results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline  
post #674 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Registered User
 
Daniel_amr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,412
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

A mess up by my side.
In West lakes, I enterde wrong winner in aresult...and it turned out that it changed 2 tt matches.
I am posting right results. But if any, thjere is something else to besides correcting it? I am PMing the players of course

TT Singles: 117 (High 108 Mar 02 - 2015) Finals: 1-3
2013 RU: Salinas CH
2014 W: Mons CH; RU: Cordoba CH
2015 RU: ATP Doha

TT Doubles: 122 (High 80 Aug 04 - 2014) Finals: 4-9
2012 W: Villa Allende CH; Guayaquil CH / RU: Tashkent CH; Buenos Aires CH; Marbella CH (w/SamR03A)
2013 W: Mons CH (w/Renaud); Yeongwol CH;/ RU: Guayaquil CH (w/cserkinho) Chennai (w/SamR03A)
2014 RU: Mohameddia CH, Manta CH (w/dinkulpus)
2015 RU: Halle (w/molozstash); Bordeaux CH (w/dinkulpus)
Daniel_amr is offline  
post #675 of 1842 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 4,698
                     
Re: Ask the board Thread

As it was mentioned in the thread quite early (by other players) it's Ok I think. I hope anybody will send.

TT Singles: W 2014: Heilbronn I; 2013: Marseille, Sarasota; 2012: Blois Fut QF 2012: USOpen

TT Singles ranking: 76 (High: 52)


TT Doubles: W 2016: Madrid; 2015: Wimbledon, Gstaad, Moscow, Sarasota, Fergana; 2013: Winston-Salem, Sarajevo; 2012: Antalya, Tiburon; 2011: Izmir CH (w/ appleGirl); SF 2013, 2012: USOpen (w/ appleGirl);

TT Doubles ranking: 12 (High: 10)


-- TT Board Member --
Mahqz is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome