Off-season = time to voice your opinions and ideas on possible changes/improvements to the game.
If you have any suggestions to make this game better, please post them here.
Here are some possible starting topics:
- LL rule on R1 matches where neither player send picks: should the 2nd round spot go directly to the LL? Current rule: the player who sends late picks first wins the match.
- Two-day round (mostly for increased qualifying draws): Should a LL replace a player/team who has a bye to the second round but doesn't send picks for any of the rounds?
- Top 30 players: should they be eligible to get SEs into CHs?
- Should there be any incentives for managers (the number of managers is decreasing each year)? If yes, any suggestions?
- Early deadlines: should the current rule be changed?
- Code of conduct: any updates/changes? What should be done to the 'Foul language' item?
- Entries: double commitments & LEs - suggestions to improve the current system? Problems: a) players are added to two lists in the same week, taking MD/Q spots from other players; b) a player who withdraws from a tourmanet and commits to another tournament must be a LE, but might get a regular entry (the tournament change isn't always noticed).
- Alternate placements - matches in which neither player sent & the first alternate is better ranked than other players whose opponents didn't send picks: where should the next alternate be placed - against the first alternate or the lowest ranked player who entered directly?
- Winston-Salem (64-player tournament which precedes the USO): should it start on Sunday (current rule) or Monday (which would be a two-day round)?
Challengers WTF topics (if the event is actually going to be played next year ):
- WTF Challengers - any changes to the points breakdown?
- WTF Challengers & WTF - should players be allowed to play both competitions?
- WTF Challengers - which should be the deadline for qualifications?
Other possible topics:
- 'Future' tournaments instead of increased QDs?
- One category for all challenger (120 pt breakdown)?
- Anything you wish to discuss