Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #376 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 9,756
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Why so many word to explain that it's F... Canada? And that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
Sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
In portuguese the Phodam does not exist.

When he wrote may have said thinking of a heavy word.

Can be Fodão o Canadá in the place of Phodam o Canadá.

And fodão in portuguese is fuck in English.

But on the other side It's impossible to say this for sure because he may have written it in random or thinking of another word.

This case is like if he had done a account like uck the Canadá.

We could think that he would like to say Fuck the Canadá or Luck the Canadá for example.

So I think that no punishment should be given thought to this account he created writing Phodam o Canadá.
Thanks, I couldn't find it with Google translate.

http://i.imgur.com/xAmN3lX.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
I would literally make love to a cat if Dolgo somehow wins this match.
Yves. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #377 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,169
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Why so many word to explain that it's F... Canada? And that's it.
One of the great things I love about TT - I now know how to swear at someone in Portuguese

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline  
post #378 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,808
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

There are a total of THREE qualifying matches in Pingguo!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/6248/qs.pdf

Has this happened before? Any suggestions on what to do? Can I run a qualifying round with 3 matches?
Will I have to split the first round matches on Monday into qualifying?


Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is online now  
post #379 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered User
 
Taz Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12,867
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
There are a total of THREE qualifying matches in Pingguo!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/6248/qs.pdf

Has this happened before? Any suggestions on what to do? Can I run a qualifying round with 3 matches?
Will I have to split the first round matches on Monday into qualifying?

I think you'll have to include R1 matches into qualifying as 3 matches isn't really enough for a qualifying round - plus I can't imagine that many TT players know much about those players in qualifying so it would make it a bit random if only those 3 matches were included
Taz Warrior is offline  
post #380 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,808
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
I think you'll have to include R1 matches into qualifying as 3 matches isn't really enough for a qualifying round - plus I can't imagine that many TT players know much about those players in qualifying so it would make it a bit random if only those 3 matches were included
Thank you.

It'll be something like this.

Singles
First Round Qualy ~ 3+2 matches
Final Round Qualy ~ 4 matches
1st Round Main ~ 2+3 matches
2nd Round Main ~ 5 matches

Depending on the Schedule, I imagine the tournament doesn't start until Monday so Sunday will be a rest day.

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is online now  
post #381 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered User
 
Vilnietė's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Europe
Age: 29
Posts: 2,720
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Dallas challenger doesn't start until monday, so I set the final deadline on sunday noon, which means that commitments are still open. One player who commited to Rabat first didn't sent his picks there and the matches already started (so he'll have "missing picks"). Now he wants to uncommit from Rabat and commit to Dallas, is it allowed?
I guess that not because Rabat has already started, but I want an opinion from someone who knows the rulles better than me

Ričardas Berankis Laurynas Grigelis Lukas Mugevičius
Vilnietė is offline  
post #382 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Registered User
 
Taz Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12,867
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilnietė View Post
Dallas challenger doesn't start until monday, so I set the final deadline on sunday noon, which means that commitments are still open. One player who commited to Rabat first didn't sent his picks there and the matches already started (so he'll have "missing picks"). Now he wants to uncommit from Rabat and commit to Dallas, is it allowed?
I guess that not because Rabat has already started, but I want an opinion from someone who knows the rulles better than me
No, he can't
Taz Warrior is offline  
post #383 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,808
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

what is the policy for players switching doubles partners due to their partners playing in Indian Wells if there are still spots open in main draw.

For example there are 16 doubles teams in Pingguo but we may lose some teams due to qualification in Indian Wells. Can new teams be formulated to fill in the gaps?

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is online now  
post #384 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered User
 
Taz Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12,867
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
what is the policy for players switching doubles partners due to their partners playing in Indian Wells if there are still spots open in main draw.

For example there are 16 doubles teams in Pingguo but we may lose some teams due to qualification in Indian Wells. Can new teams be formulated to fill in the gaps?
Yes if they are able to confirm a new team before the draw is made
Taz Warrior is offline  
post #385 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,808
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
Yes if they are able to confirm a new team before the draw is made
That could be a problem, unless I start the doubles on Tuesday.

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is online now  
post #386 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 05:39 PM
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,933
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

4 players, all from different teams haven't sent picks for the QR1 in Guadalajara doubles tournament. There is only one ALT team. I don't know how exactly to rearrange the draw so the ALT team doesn't get an advantage over the regularly committed teams. For example, there is only one match in which all the players have sent picks, and it wouldn't be fair if they had to play each other while the ALT team gets to play a one-man team.


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"

Last edited by Deathless Mortal; 03-11-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #387 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 PM
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,933
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
4 players, all from different teams haven't sent picks for the QR1 in Guadalajara doubles tournament. There is only one ALT team. I don't know how exactly to rearrange the draw so the ALT team doesn't get an advantage over the regularly committed teams. For example, there is only one match in which all the players have sent picks, and it wouldn't be fair if they had to play each other while the ALT team gets to play a one-man team.
Anybody?


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #388 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Randomly draw the alt team against one of the two teams who fully sent?
scoobs is offline  
post #389 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 PM
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,933
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Randomly draw the alt team against one of the two teams who fully sent?
Actually 4 teams have fully sent. #1 and #2 seeded teams (whose opponents have not fully sent), and both #4 seeded team and an unseeded team who play each other.


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #390 of 1587 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - April tournaments available

I think you should just do it randomly and let the alts fall where they may
scoobs is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome