Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered User
 
Flavio_Sverige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 433
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 (Managers needed for Brazil Open and Bergamo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarto193 View Post
I think new managers always should start with challengers
Thats ok
Flavio_Sverige is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Labamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Finland
Age: 33
Posts: 32,551
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 (Managers needed for Brazil Open and Bergamo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego36arg View Post
Costa do Sauipe Ville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy DoubleD View Post
I can take Bergamo if there's room for a new TT manager
thanks guys
Labamba is offline  
post #138 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,444
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

If a player originally picks

Player A 6-3 6-4
Player B 6-3 6-4
Player C 6-3 6-4

and he sends me a new message saying he wishes to change player C 6-3 6-4 to player D 6-4 2-6 6-4.

However, he types his picks again in the same message.
And in the "new set of picks" the scoreline has changed to the one he wished to change it to but not the name of the player.

Like this

Player A 6-3 6-4
Player B 6-3 6-4
Player C 6-4 2-6 6-4

Do I take it as he pick Player C 6-4 2-6 6-4 or Player D 6-4 2-6 6-4

Tennis Tipping

Singles: (--/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (--/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W

Last edited by orangehat; 01-25-2011 at 09:06 AM.
orangehat is offline  
post #139 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered User
 
Taz Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12,865
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

That's a difficult one but I say it should be player D as he has explicitly stated that he wants to change to that player but would appear that he forgot to change it on the new set of picks.
Taz Warrior is offline  
post #140 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,444
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Thanks Gav.

Tennis Tipping

Singles: (--/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (--/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline  
post #141 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 33,323
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

For San Jose which ranking I should use for entry list - 24th January?


Tennis Tipping 2016


Singles : 165 (Best 88) -
Doubles : 54 (Best 50) -

Finals CH

Singles : 4:4
Doubles : 10:9 CH (ATP 3:0)
dinkulpus is offline  
post #142 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered User
 
Taz Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12,865
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarto193 View Post
For San Jose which ranking I should use for entry list - 24th January?
17th Jan as there are no rankings on 24th Jan
Taz Warrior is offline  
post #143 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Labamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Finland
Age: 33
Posts: 32,551
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

this week

Code:
  Date       Tournament      Surface   Draw(S/QS/D/QD)  Manager
       
14/02/2011   Memphis            IH     32/32/16/16      l_mac
14/02/2011   Marseille          IH     32/32/16/16      Boarder35m
14/02/2011   Buenos Aires       CL     32/32/16/16      juakos17
14/02/2011   Meknes CH          CL     32/16/16/8       abollo

Last edited by Labamba; 01-27-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Labamba is offline  
post #144 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cairo
Posts: 6,469
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 (Manager needed for Buenos Aires)

I would like to know if I am allowed to play in Meknes and ask someone to recieve my picks and my opponent's
because my ranking might not allow me to play in ATP tournaments
Otherwise I know most players playing there and I would like to play it
So am I allowed to play it or no?

Es irrt der Mensch so lang er strebt
Roger Federer .. Malek Jaziri
abollo is offline  
post #145 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered User
 
mcarvalho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,015
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 (Manager needed for Buenos Aires)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
I would like to know if I am allowed to play in Meknes and ask someone to recieve my picks and my opponent's
because my ranking might not allow me to play in ATP tournaments
Otherwise I know most players playing there and I would like to play it
So am I allowed to play it or no?
Yes, because Meknes is the only challenger in that week.
mcarvalho is offline  
post #146 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Registered User
 
juakos17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Curicó, Chile
Posts: 3,016
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 (Manager needed for Buenos Aires)

I'll do Buenos Aires
juakos17 is offline  
post #147 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Labamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Finland
Age: 33
Posts: 32,551
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 (Manager needed for Buenos Aires)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juakos17 View Post
I'll do Buenos Aires
thank you
Labamba is offline  
post #148 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,252
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Just a heads up to the board that we have a slight problem for the Reunion challenger. Our manager abollo seems to be from Egypt where all internet communications have been cut off since the protests started

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/29/te...f.html?_r=1&hp

Judging by what's happening, I'm not confident he'll be back online in time for the tournament's end and tomorrow's OOP is out already any event.

I am glad to step in to manage from here, but we have a slight problem in that I'm in doubles semi-finals and obviously that complicates the situation. Additionally, for today's matches everyone sent diffs to abollo and I'm not sure how we can confirm who picked whom. Can anyone help at a minimum accept the picks of my doubles opponents?

Abollo has been very responsive and around frequently during the tournament, so the fact he's not been online in almost 24 hours and this coincides with the protests and internet shut down seem to indicate to me its not his fault and need a plan B
ibreak4coffee is offline  
post #149 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Just a heads up to the board that we have a slight problem for the Reunion challenger. Our manager abollo seems to be from Egypt where all internet communications have been cut off since the protests started

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/29/te...f.html?_r=1&hp

Judging by what's happening, I'm not confident he'll be back online in time for the tournament's end and tomorrow's OOP is out already any event.

I am glad to step in to manage from here, but we have a slight problem in that I'm in doubles semi-finals and obviously that complicates the situation. Additionally, for today's matches everyone sent diffs to abollo and I'm not sure how we can confirm who picked whom. Can anyone help at a minimum accept the picks of my doubles opponents?

Abollo has been very responsive and around frequently during the tournament, so the fact he's not been online in almost 24 hours and this coincides with the protests and internet shut down seem to indicate to me its not his fault and need a plan B
You can ask people to send picks to me, I'll feed them back to you when the deadline passes.
scoobs is offline  
post #150 of 1410 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,252
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
You can ask people to send picks to me, I'll feed them back to you when the deadline passes.
Thanks. I think I need everyone to send to you because there's a chance I made the doubles final

Thanks
ibreak4coffee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome