A few "newbie" questions, with apologies if they have been answered before somewhere. (I did try looking through the threads!)
1. The rules say "4 slams and 14 other tournaments to count for ranking". I have a low rank. If I don't enter a slam, or if I enter and lose in the QRs, do I count 0 points or can I count up to 18 other tournaments?
2. I have entered 4 tournaments this year but in both the singles and doubles ranking lists the second column shows as 2. Is this because I was only in 2 main draws, and losing in the qualifying rounds does not count as a tournament played?
3. If I get a bye or walkover in the first round and then lose in the second round, do I still get second round points, or do I have to win a match before I get anything?
1. if your ranking is not enough to play GS directly, points from other tournament will be counted
2. yes, just main draw appearance is counted
3. you don't get points for defeating a "bye"