Tennis Tipping - ARAG ATP World Team Championship
Welcome to Tennis Tipping ARAG ATP World Team Championship!
What is Tennis Tipping - ARAG World Team Championship?
In the game, participants will team up into teams of 2,3 or 4 players from the same country. Participants in the team pick the winners of singles (if they're playing singles) and/or doubles matches (if they're playing doubles). The 8 teams are drawn into two equal groups and play a round-robin tournment format (every team plays against all three of the other teams in its group).
In a encouter, players will match up like in the actual WTC. Best-ranked singles players play each other, and so do the second players of the teams and the doubles pair.
Singles players pick singles matches, and doubles players pick doubles matches.
Day one - TT RR first round
Days two and three - TT RR second round
Days four and five - TT RR third round
Day six and final - TT final
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker match for which the score (as opposed to just the winner) is given, will decide who wins the TT match. For all participants, this tie-breaker match is the same and will be assigned beforehand.
- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played.
How to Sign-Up:
The 8 best nations
in rankings (of 5/2/2006) are qualified to play WTC. Combined rankings of the two best players of each country were used in qualifying.
Here are the best fifteen. Qualified nations are in bold:
*These players won't necessarily be the teams of each nation.
1) GBR 7 = greatkingrat(2) + alansk(5)
2) FIN 7 = el güero(3) + Labamba(4)
3) USA 23 = _pyromatic(5) + coreyschuck(18)
4) ROM 27 = scythe19pro(7) + Mara_M(20)
5) AUS 30 = Bolar Bolabi(14) + robrulz5(16)
6) BRA 35 = keqtqiadv(13) + Shotgun Blues(22)
7) GER 51 = JMG(1) + bavaria100(50)
8) FRA 87 = Bubba08(24) + JBdV(25)
9) NED 53 = Sheva(11) + CooCooCachoo(42)
10) ARG 62 = Cancion Animal(30) + Caralimon(32)
11) POR 73 = Sylvester(26) + Melvins(47)
12) BUL 75 = A_Skywalker(9) + The Safinator(66)
13) SIN 79 = silverwhite(36) + balloon(43)
14) ISR 90 = Nimrod(39) + tal20(51)
15) CHI 92 = <Lt*Alonso*Cl>(8) + PoderShileno(84)
Teams will be formed by the 2-4 best players
of each country that post
their interests in playing ARAG WTC. Players from non-qualified nations can state their desire to be alternates
. If a qualfied nation doesn't have at least two players until 3:00 PM GMT on 13th May (Saturday)
, it'll be replaced by an alternate team.
You can't play Pörtschach if you play ARAG WTC.
If you stated your interest in playing WTC but your nation didn't play it or you weren't ranked enough to play it, you still have the option to play Pörtschach.
How to send in picks:
Picks can be sent in as soon as the OOP of the day is released. Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: TT: ARAG WTC - Day #. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play in each day. No changes can be made.
Should this site go down again as has happened before, redirect your selections to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played.