Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Enjoy Incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Here In My Room
Age: 28
Posts: 3,166
                     
Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum

Hi, i´d like to know if there´s a possibility to create one subforum inside Tennis Tipping forum. I think it would be better to have a forum for TT Challengers tournaments. That way there´ll be no need of create threads of TT Challenger tournaments mixed up with the other TT threads, cause we would have all that threads tidy into the respective TT Challenger tournaments subforum. Thanks! Waiting for an answer

EDIT: most of the people, including the TT board, think it would be better to have only one subforum for TT Challenger tournaments. And not 3, then i´m starting to realize it is kind of unnecessary as we always had the possibility to have our TT ATP tournaments into the respective tournament, which is more comfortable, more organized and better-looking.

Supporting Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson

Last edited by Enjoy Incubus; 12-18-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Enjoy Incubus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Same as it ever was
 
Peta Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 20,248
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

You mean we would play the tournaments in the TT subforum?

That doesn't seem necessary coz all the other games - PAW and PTS - are played in the tournament's thread.

Or maybe I'm just confusing what you mean
Peta Pan is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:52 AM
tennishaven.com
 
belco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ana's bedroom
Posts: 36,855
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

i think its stupid
belco is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,506
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

Fine as it is now.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

At this stage no changes are expected to be made with respect to how the games forums are setup, so short answer is no.

But I'm sure Steve is happy to continue to hear more suggestions especially if it is a consensus opinion.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,741
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

This is what we would actually like in the TT games forum (an agreement among several members of the TT board and many players)

Within the Tennis Tipping forum we were wondering if we could have a subforum for the Challengers threads to be placed in, just so that the game threads could be seperate from the rules threads etc. That's all we want. Not three subforums, just one, so that our forum could be a little neater and new players could find the important threads easier. it would also make it easier to find all of the challenger threads. I don't know about many of the other games, but for TT a lot of threads are going to be created within the TT forum this year and it will get very messy very quickly unless we can seperate the game threads from the decision making threads.

Looking through the games forum it looks like PAW has commitment threads and PTS has some statistics but no other games forum will create as many threads as we will in the TT forum over the coming year because none of those games involve challengers, so they can always utilize their tournament forums. On the other hand, we have to clutter up our lovely active TT forum with the challengers. The ATP tournaments we will still play in the tournament forums, this request is just to create a subforum within our forum for the challengers only.

If this is not possible, could we perhaps get a few of the important threads stickied instead?

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Enjoy Incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Here In My Room
Age: 28
Posts: 3,166
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

As savestheday91 well said, i´d like to see if we can have a TT subforum for TT Challenger tournament threads as TT board was agree to have a TT subforum for TT Challenger tournaments to have the things tidier.

Supporting Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson
Enjoy Incubus is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
tennishaven.com
 
belco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ana's bedroom
Posts: 36,855
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

thats better than the first suggested post
belco is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Enjoy Incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Here In My Room
Age: 28
Posts: 3,166
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
At this stage no changes are expected to be made with respect to how the games forums are setup, so short answer is no.

But I'm sure Steve is happy to continue to hear more suggestions especially if it is a consensus opinion.
Thanks for listening to all of us everytime we have a suggestion and for giving us answers everytime we need them

Supporting Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson
Enjoy Incubus is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered User
 
Labamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Finland
Age: 33
Posts: 32,551
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping SubForums

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91 View Post
This is what we would actually like in the TT games forum (an agreement among several members of the TT board and many players)

Within the Tennis Tipping forum we were wondering if we could have a subforum for the Challengers threads to be placed in, just so that the game threads could be seperate from the rules threads etc. That's all we want. Not three subforums, just one, so that our forum could be a little neater and new players could find the important threads easier. it would also make it easier to find all of the challenger threads. I don't know about many of the other games, but for TT a lot of threads are going to be created within the TT forum this year and it will get very messy very quickly unless we can seperate the game threads from the decision making threads.

Looking through the games forum it looks like PAW has commitment threads and PTS has some statistics but no other games forum will create as many threads as we will in the TT forum over the coming year because none of those games involve challengers, so they can always utilize their tournament forums. On the other hand, we have to clutter up our lovely active TT forum with the challengers. The ATP tournaments we will still play in the tournament forums, this request is just to create a subforum within our forum for the challengers only.
This is a very good suggestion, which has the support of the TT board. This year TT will run more than 50 challenger tournaments with all them having their own threads. We don't want to crowd the Challenger Forum with these as it doesn't have the right structure for them, so we have to start them in our TT forum. This will cause it to be very messy with all the rankings, rules, discussion, polls, etc. threads. So it would be very helpful to have this subforum for the challengers. Tennis Tipping has grown a lot (amount of players and tournaments) and keeps attracting new players all the time, we could use the extra place to keep things tidy.
Labamba is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:39 AM
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,741
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum

I think there is a sentiment to bump this request up again to see if anything can come of it.

Our TT forum is really becoming very messy and very unorganized when there are several active challenger threads between the current tournament and next week's tournaments and then the rankings threads, the rules threads, the statistics threads, the manager threads... it's just really becoming very confusing, especially for new members who might want to play our game.

So if at all it would be possible to look again at our request for a subforum within the TT forum for the threads for all the challenger events that are being played, that would really really be super

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Registered User
 
Andre♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 9,004
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91 View Post
I think there is a sentiment to bump this request up again to see if anything can come of it.

Our TT forum is really becoming very messy and very unorganized when there are several active challenger threads between the current tournament and next week's tournaments and then the rankings threads, the rules threads, the statistics threads, the manager threads... it's just really becoming very confusing, especially for new members who might want to play our game.

So if at all it would be possible to look again at our request for a subforum within the TT forum for the threads for all the challenger events that are being played, that would really really be super
I second that.

PORTUGUESE ARMADA!!!


*JOÃO SOUSA* *GASTÃO ELIAS* *FREDERICO GIL* *PEDRO SOUSA* *RUI MACHADO*
Andre♥ is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum

Really good idea.

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum

I forgot to follow up Steve with this one the first time

I'll ask him again when returns after the Easter weekend
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 02:53 AM
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,741
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Challenger Tournaments SubForum

Thanks a billion

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome