Maximum Number of Threads - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Maximum Number of Threads

May be we need a maxium number of threads a poster can start in 24 hours period like the rep.

I really can't see why any single poster need to start over 20 threads in a short period of time.
Lee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:09 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
May be we need a maxium number of threads a poster can start in 24 hours period like the rep.

I really can't see why any single poster need to start over 20 threads in a short period of time.
Lee I'm sorry to say I think the Admin. decision not to pay vCash for posts has encouraged this situation. If they aren't going to pay for posts, maybe they shouldn't pay for starting threads either?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:58 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Lee I'm sorry to say I think the Admin. decision not to pay vCash for posts has encouraged this situation. If they aren't going to pay for posts, maybe they shouldn't pay for starting threads either?

 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:20 AM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Lee I'm sorry to say I think the Admin. decision not to pay vCash for posts has encouraged this situation. If they aren't going to pay for posts, maybe they shouldn't pay for starting threads either?
What??????????

Anyway, I think that's a good idea. Or maybe not in a day, but in a period of time like an hour or something. No more than 10 threads an hour or something should be enough for most

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:45 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Starting threads is one of the few ways you can now earn vCash. So if people are wanting to build up their vCash that is a way to do it. So I think there are some posters who are starting threads more as a way to earn vCash than to contribute a needed thread.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Starting threads is one of the few ways you can now earn vCash. So if people are wanting to build up their vCash that is a way to do it. So I think there are some posters who are starting threads more as a way to earn vCash than to contribute a needed thread.
Lee's suggestion has nothing to do with vcash. It has to do with people starting a lot of threads to cause trouble here. Not everything is about vcash

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 05:02 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Starting threads is one of the few ways you can now earn vCash. So if people are wanting to build up their vCash that is a way to do it. So I think there are some posters who are starting threads more as a way to earn vCash than to contribute a needed thread.

Well most of the culprits who are starting a ridiculous number of threads have been members for only a few months. I can assure you v-cash is not something they have at the forefront of their minds.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 06:05 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Well most of the culprits who are starting a ridiculous number of threads have been members for only a few months. I can assure you v-cash is not something they have at the forefront of their minds.
I would think the new members would be the perfect group to want vCash. I know I wanted mine to build up. Of course, if you are talking about a group that just wants to make trouble then that is an entirely different issue.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Of course, if you are talking about a group that just wants to make trouble then that is an entirely different issue.
Yes, that is what is being discussed here.

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered User
 
RickDaStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,774
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
What??????????

Anyway, I think that's a good idea. Or maybe not in a day, but in a period of time like an hour or something. No more than 10 threads an hour or something should be enough for most
10 threads an hour? So thats saying if someone started 240 threads in a day that would be okay?
RickDaStick is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic
10 threads an hour? So thats saying if someone started 240 threads in a day that would be okay?
No, but if you've noticed some of the flooding that's been going on, people will start a lot of threads at once in a very short period of time.

I was just throwing a different suggestion out there if people felt 20 a day limit was too restrictive for some reason.

Personally I think an over-strict and over-moderated board is fine by me and 10 threads a day is more than enough, but I know others won't agree

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 03:58 AM
Registered User
 
surfpinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 11,307
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
May be we need a maxium number of threads a poster can start in 24 hours period like the rep.

I really can't see why any single poster need to start over 20 threads in a short period of time.
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf
This forum requires that you wait 3 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 03:59 AM
Registered User
 
surfpinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 11,307
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Starting threads is one of the few ways you can now earn vCash. So if people are wanting to build up their vCash that is a way to do it. So I think there are some posters who are starting threads more as a way to earn vCash than to contribute a needed thread.
am&a says hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf
This forum requires that you wait 3 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered User
 
Bagelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,652
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Excellent suggestion, I think 3 threads an hour would be a great limit. Most people seem to contribute to old threads anyway, and I don't see any reason a single poster would want to start more than that in only an hour.

Emotions of a Safin fan


I smell bagels!!! Lots of them!!!
Bagelicious is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajonie
Excellent suggestion, I think 3 threads an hour would be a great limit. Most people seem to contribute to old threads anyway, and I don't see any reason a single poster would want to start more than that in only an hour.
It's possible that some posters would start more than 3 threads in an hour. Especially in tournament threads and challengers etc. You have main draw for singles and doubles in like 2 to 3 tournaments. You will have 4-6 threads already.
Lee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome