Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

So I see that our AA thread was moved off GM. Does that mean that all the single-player related threads will be moved? So when so and so mentions how great Roger is or when Nadal gets new shorts or whatever, they'll all be moved to the player forums too? I hope so

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Comparisons are Odious
 
mangoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Catching the vigorous horse of my mind......
Posts: 10,541
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
So I see that our AA thread was moved off GM. Does that mean that all the single-player related threads will be moved? So when so and so mentions how great Roger is or when Nadal gets new shorts or whatever, they'll all be moved to the player forums too? I hope so

No, no, no .............please stop dumping all the rediculous Federer threads from GM into the Federer forum. Just delete them..........pretty please



Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline  
post #138 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

I thought you guys were gonna get a mod. Then you can delete/close/combine at your will

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #139 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Comparisons are Odious
 
mangoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Catching the vigorous horse of my mind......
Posts: 10,541
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
I thought you guys were gonna get a mod. Then you can delete/close/combine at your will

That's still a debate..........a very long, long debate And, in the mean time, we're getting all the rediculous Fed threads from GM dumped on us



Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline  
post #140 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

This place really needs me as a mod
adee-gee is offline  
post #141 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoes
That's still a debate..........a very long, long debate And, in the mean time, we're getting all the rediculous Fed threads from GM dumped on us
Well then you guys can in the meantime report them from there. but I am sooooooooo glad things are getting moved out of GM regularly.

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #142 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Comparisons are Odious
 
mangoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Catching the vigorous horse of my mind......
Posts: 10,541
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
Well then you guys can in the meantime report them from there. but I am sooooooooo glad things are getting moved out of GM regularly.
Oh, I'm glad too............but, I'd just rather that they were deleted instead of moved



Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline  
post #143 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoes
Oh, I'm glad too............but, I'd just rather that they were deleted instead of moved
I think deleting them is bad precedent to set - unless a thread breaks the MTF rules, I don't think it should be deleted. But threads about one particular player that aren't of any kind of general interest should be moved to the players forum, and then if all you guys don't want it there, you can decide how to deal with it, but I think it'd be dangerous to just delete posts b/c they're not what most of us like to see.

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #144 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:11 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Just to make it clear, only admins can create separate forums such as player, games etc etc so there is no point in contacting any of the Mods directly

So at this stage this idea has to be canned unfortunately but I can assure you by the end of the weekend we'll have something in place in GM so that going forward it will be a forum used for the right reasons.

Unfortunately it may be perceived as a bit of a hard stance by many but as I have learnt quickly you can't please everyone.

Last edited by bad gambler; 09-16-2006 at 12:16 AM.
post #145 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
So at this stage this idea has to be canned unfortunately but I can assure you by the end of the weekend we'll have something in place in GM so that going forward it will be a forum used for the right reasons.

Unfortunately it may be perceived as a bit of a hard stance by many but as I have learnt quickly you can't please everyone.

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #146 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Comparisons are Odious
 
mangoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Catching the vigorous horse of my mind......
Posts: 10,541
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
I think deleting them is bad precedent to set - unless a thread breaks the MTF rules, I don't think it should be deleted. But threads about one particular player that aren't of any kind of general interest should be moved to the players forum, and then if all you guys don't want it there, you can decide how to deal with it, but I think it'd be dangerous to just delete posts b/c they're not what most of us like to see.

You do have a point, I didn't consider that angle............. Hopefully, we will have a Fed mod soon, and throwing them to us will not be a problem.........


Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Just to make it clear, only admins can create separate forums such as player, games etc etc so there is no point in contacting any of the Mods directly

So at this stage this idea has to be canned unfortunately but I can assure you by the end of the weekend we'll have something in place in GM so that going forward it will be a forum used for the right reasons.

Unfortunately it may be perceived as a bit of a hard stance by many but as I have learnt quickly you can't please everyone.
I felt bad seeing the Fed tard and Roasting threads closed on GM Maybe they could be moved to another forum??



Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!

Last edited by mangoes; 09-16-2006 at 12:52 AM.
mangoes is offline  
post #147 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:54 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoes

I felt bad seeing the Fed tard and Roasting threads closed on GM Maybe they could be moved to another forum??

I only returned home today - I wasn't even aware they were closed???
post #148 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
I only returned home today - I wasn't even aware they were closed???
but you're the one who closed the fedtard basher thread lmfao.

I see Duck Hunt is still open, though. If those kinds of threads are going to be closed, shouldn't they all be?

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #149 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 01:07 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
but you're the one who closed the fedtard basher thread lmfao.
Yes I know that But didn't know about the other ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
I see Duck Hunt is still open, though. If those kinds of threads are going to be closed, shouldn't they all be?
Yep, will get to it all soon.
post #150 of 228 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

ah ok hehehe.

Keep it going. Take no prisoners, Prabu

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome