What's up with that nonsense? - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 789
                     
What's up with that nonsense?

Pard' my French, but having a 30 seconds waiting rule, which btw doesn't even work, is totally idiotic and irritating. I can't even see my own posts?!
Much bigger forums doesn't have that nonsense and everything is working fine.

You can at least add "my posts" and "my threads" links in user CP.

NO1E

Del Potro

Janowicz
No1emania is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 AM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: What's up with that nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1emania View Post
Pard' my French, but having a 30 seconds waiting rule, which btw doesn't even work, is totally idiotic and irritating. I can't even see my own posts?!
Much bigger forums doesn't have that nonsense and everything is working fine.

You can at least add "my posts" and "my threads" links in user CP.
Er what? You must have not indeed been to other large forums.. Any large forum puts a posting limitation first of all since it reduces load on the server. On top of that, trolls would love to spam posts every second just to spam if such limitation was removed.. What forums have you been to..?

Not sure what you're talking about being unable to see your posts...? Just click on your name in a thread and the options for your threads and posts can be found.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 789
                     
Re: What's up with that nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Er what? You must have not indeed been to other large forums..
Yes I've been / I was. With much more subforums, topics and visitors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Any large forum puts a posting limitation first of all since it reduces load on the server.
I am not talking about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Not sure what you're talking about being unable to see your posts...? Just click on your name in a thread and the options for your threads and posts can be found.
I do that and it says "forum wants you to wait 30s..." or something like that. What the hell does that prevents?
It's already insulting and irritating, but I wait 30+ seconds like a full, try again and I get the same message. And again. And again...

So as I've said, if they still see this "feature" as something very smart and very useful, they should put appropriate links in user CP - that would me much more useful than some of the useless stuff that are already in there...

NO1E

Del Potro

Janowicz
No1emania is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: What's up with that nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1emania View Post
Yes I've been / I was. With much more subforums, topics and visitors.

I am not talking about that.

I do that and it says "forum wants you to wait 30s..." or something like that. What the hell does that prevents?
It's already insulting and irritating, but I wait 30+ seconds like a full, try again and I get the same message. And again. And again...

So as I've said, if they still see this "feature" as something very smart and very useful, they should put appropriate links in user CP - that would me much more useful than some of the useless stuff that are already in there...
Every single large forum I am subscribed to has a wait limitation for searches as well. Again, it reduces load on the server. If you aren't happy with that or don't understand, then go donate money. Because seriously, I just went to 5 different large forums that I am subscribed to and every single one of them have a search limit within 30 or 60 seconds and 2 of these forums are very large ones (5000-10000 users on at once consistently).

And about using USER CP area, I could care less. As if it takes that long to go to a thread and click on your name. Plus, under "Quick Links" you go to your profile which gives you your thread and post searches..

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber

Last edited by HKz; 05-25-2013 at 11:12 PM.
HKz is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 789
                     
Re: What's up with that nonsense?

I understand that you like this forum - I like it too - but nobody can't deny that this "navigation" sucks.
If you like searching or waiting 30s, go ahead... "I can't care less"... Adding 2 simple links in CP would be something very basic and very useful and it wouldn't harm the forum / server performance at all if you think about it.

NO1E

Del Potro

Janowicz
No1emania is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 05:14 AM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: What's up with that nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1emania View Post
I understand that you like this forum - I like it too - but nobody can't deny that this "navigation" sucks.
If you like searching or waiting 30s, go ahead... "I can't care less"... Adding 2 simple links in CP would be something very basic and very useful and it wouldn't harm the forum / server performance at all if you think about it.
I just told you how to navigate to your posts and threads with 3 clicks... Quick Links -> My Profile -> Find all posts/threads..

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Registered User
 
janko05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,280
                     
Re: What's up with that nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Er what? You must have not indeed been to other large forums.. Any large forum puts a posting limitation first of all since it reduces load on the server. On top of that, trolls would love to spam posts every second just to spam if such limitation was removed.. What forums have you been to..?

Not sure what you're talking about being unable to see your posts...? Just click on your name in a thread and the options for your threads and posts can be found.
good point!
not sure about what pissed the OP off though. I often get this 30 sec notification and it usually means that your post has already been made. it just prevents you to post the same thing twice
janko05 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered User
 
Jelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 85,677
                     
Re: What's up with that nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko05 View Post
good point!
not sure about what pissed the OP off though. I often get this 30 sec notification and it usually means that your post has already been made. it just prevents you to post the same thing twice
if you post the identical post in the same thread twice within 5 mins it tells you: "that's the same post you made in the last 5 mins. Do you really wanna post it?"

but the 30sec notification means you have to wait till you are "unblocked" for posting again. The post isn't done then.

Vamos Nando! Come on Andy! A portuguese Vamos to André Sá e Marcelo Melo! Vamos Gastão!Auf geht's Dustin! Vamos ChristianLindell!Vamos David! Pojd Tomáš! Davai Dolgo!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Registered User
 
janko05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,280
                     
Re: What's up with that nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
if you post the identical post in the same thread twice within 5 mins it tells you: "that's the same post you made in the last 5 mins. Do you really wanna post it?"

but the 30sec notification means you have to wait till you are "unblocked" for posting again. The post isn't done then.
maybe it's got something to do with servers, browsers...
when I got the 30sec I don't post again. on checking later, my post is always there
janko05 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome