Ask MTF Mods - Page 76 - MensTennisForums.com

 41Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1126 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Registered User
 
nole_no1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Romania
Age: 22
Posts: 18,525
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
having received 2 reds (one of which totally unfair as it was the first infraction on such topic) for posts totally similar to this one:



may I ask whether this is going to get a red infraction?
I will be the first one to let you know if this happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Federer will be remembered for his lack of fitness in the latter stages of his career. I mean he won RG with visible manboobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
"I don't give a rat's ass whether I'm playing a big or a small tournament. I'm Matwé Middelkoop, I go on that court and it doesn't matter who I'm facing. [...] Whether it's a blue court in Australia or a clay court in Morocco, I don't care."
nole_no1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1127 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
I will be the first one to let you know if this happens
it's not like I wanted you in particular to get a red it's just that I don't understand how different users can receive such a different treatment, at the end it seems all down to luck. best thing is, as I said, the 1st red I got for fixing allegations was even against the rules as it was the first warning, a mod himself admitted this past error. I don't see what would be the big deal in deleting this past red making it up for the the error made by another mod.
motorhead is offline  
post #1128 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Registered User
 
nole_no1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Romania
Age: 22
Posts: 18,525
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
it's not like I wanted you in particular to get a red it's just that I don't understand how different users can receive such a different treatment, at the end it seems all down to luck. best thing is, as I said, the 1st red I got for fixing allegations was even against the rules as it was the first warning, a mod himself admitted this past error. I don't see what would be the big deal in deleting this past red making it up for the the error made by another mod.
I got two red cards for match fixing allegations too don't know about this one

10-24-2011
11:30 PM Expired 1 Match Fixing Allegations Action Jackson
04-23-2013
08:09 PM Expired 1 Match Fixing Allegations Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Federer will be remembered for his lack of fitness in the latter stages of his career. I mean he won RG with visible manboobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
"I don't give a rat's ass whether I'm playing a big or a small tournament. I'm Matwé Middelkoop, I go on that court and it doesn't matter who I'm facing. [...] Whether it's a blue court in Australia or a clay court in Morocco, I don't care."
nole_no1 is offline  
post #1129 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 12:19 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
I got two red cards for match fixing allegations too don't know about this one

10-24-2011
11:30 PM Expired 1 Match Fixing Allegations Action Jackson
04-23-2013
08:09 PM Expired 1 Match Fixing Allegations Snowwy
This would be correct if you got a yellow for your first fixing allegation infraction, I haven't checked the rules lately but till a few months ago this was the sequence: yellow, red, red for this particular infraction. I got: red, red.
I think I got my 'wrong' one from AJ too.
motorhead is offline  
post #1130 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 12:38 AM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,478
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaCalling View Post
I think it's time for a Dominic Thiem-subforum
Litotes has suggested this as well, and the possibility of new subforums are currently under discussion. We'll get back to you ASAP, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
This would be correct if you got a yellow for your first fixing allegation infraction, I haven't checked the rules lately but till a few months ago this was the sequence: yellow, red, red for this particular infraction. I got: red, red.
I think I got my 'wrong' one from AJ too.
This should only really be a problem if you're planning on getting more infractions man.. but anyway, that red is counted as a yellow. You won't get that year ban till (god forbid) you get the correct amount of reds. Mods don't count the reds robotically, don't worry.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #1131 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 01:11 AM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,890
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Never understood why player forums need a vote.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #1132 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

I've also reported 4 Sweet Cleopatra's posts which are all still there.
I'd like to stress how I was red infracted for opening a Q&A thread on her which contained no insults nor harrasing to this vulnerable, harmless and special user without even having the thread cancelled first or having a warning.

Last edited by motorhead; 04-24-2014 at 12:20 PM.
motorhead is offline  
post #1133 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,478
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I've also reported 4 Sweet Cleopatra's posts which are all still there.
I'd like to stress how I was red infracted for opening a Q&A thread on her which contained no insults nor harrasing to this vulnerable, harmless and special user without even having the thread cancelled first or having a warning.
About your first (now deleted) question, send pm complaints directly to a mod by pm. That particular type of query shouldn't be displayed in public since it involves private messages.

About your reports (what was that, 4 in a row?); I was actually lurking in THE thread last night and saw that conversation. That thread is meant for fun and most posts in there aren't to be taken seriously. Besides that, I didn't see anything exceptionally bad in there and it looked more for the sake of humour rather than a direct attack on you. I know you know a little something about harmless joking about, so I'm surprised you took offence to any of it. I can generally tell when someone maliciously attacks another person, and none of what was said there looked malicious.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #1134 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
About your first (now deleted) question, send pm complaints directly to a mod by pm. That particular type of query shouldn't be displayed in public since it involves private messages.

About your reports (what was that, 4 in a row?); I was actually lurking in THE thread last night and saw that conversation. That thread is meant for fun and most posts in there aren't to be taken seriously. Besides that, I didn't see anything exceptionally bad in there and it looked more for the sake of humour rather than a direct attack on you. I know you know a little something about harmless joking about, so I'm surprised you took offence to any of it. I can generally tell when someone maliciously attacks another person, and none of what was said there looked malicious.
I took no offence at what SC said, did she took offence at my Q&A thread?
cause, apparently, none asked her but someone had the brilliant idea too delete it and consider it, somehow, for some reason, 'offensive'.
I thought my Q&A thread was meant for fun too and it was more for the sake of humour rather than a direct attack, well actually there was no attack at all, go figure.
On a second thought I think I took offence at SC's posts (reiterating the concept 4 times doesn't really strike me as something done for the sake of humor, I'm surprised you are saying that cause it's totally out of character for someone like SC) and I'm demanding them to be removed and possibly infracted, something I'm 100% is not gonna happen.
But this just one of the hundred examples of operating doubles standards here on MTF.

Can you please tell me exactly how far can I push it in THE thread, cause u know, I'd really love to insult SC too. Let me guess, it is mods' discretion, right?

Last edited by motorhead; 04-24-2014 at 04:14 PM.
motorhead is offline  
post #1135 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Is there a way to know if the clown who sent me the PM you saw got an infraction for it or this too goes down to the good old 'mods' discrection' excuse to infract undesired users while turning an eye for the others?
motorhead is offline  
post #1136 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,478
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I took no offence with SC said, did she took offence from my Q&A thread? cause apparently none has asked her but I though well too delete it and consider it somehow for some reason 'offensive'.
I though my Q&A thread was meant for fun too and it was more for the sake of humour rather than a direct attack.
On a second thought I'm thinking I took offence from SC's post I'm demanding them to be removed and possibly infracted, something I'm 100% will not happen.
But this just one of the hundreds examples of operating doubles standarss here on MTF.
Double standards aye? Yeah man, we're all out to get ya.

Well, for example we've had posters calling for some of your more humourous posts to be deleted/infracted/shot off into the sun, but we can only go by our own judgement so most of the time we don't give in to these demands. Same with other posters who walk that line between joking about and trolling (until of course they clearly walk over that line).

Forumers are constantly demanding things, while others are demanding things to go in the other direction, putting mods under pressure to do things that suit themselves. Yes, I understand you don't agree with the decision, but really man, relax, nobody's out to get you.. maybe. I hope you haven't edited your post and I missed something.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #1137 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,478
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Is there a way to know if the clown who sent me the PM you saw got an infraction for it or this too goes down to the good old 'mods' discrection' excuse to infract undesired users while turning an eye for the others?
Did you report it to a mod? Nothing's gonna happen until you do, man. The deleted post in here doesn't count.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #1138 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Did you report it to a mod?
Yes, I just did it. Now can you answer my question please?
motorhead is offline  
post #1139 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Double standards aye? Yeah man, we're all out to get ya.
So you think there has been no double standards in this whole thing?
A mod himself called Sweet Cleoparta 'special', is she special for what? Cause she takes psychiatric medication or just because she's free to troll for some weird reason?
I'm just trying to understand till what point mods can write the most ridiculous things and pretend we buy them.

It's a bit rhetorical at this point but can you answer me on this (at least for a laugh):
Can you please tell me exactly how far can I push it in THE thread, cause u know, I'd really love to insult SC too. Let me guess, it is mods' discretion, right?

Last edited by motorhead; 04-24-2014 at 04:30 PM.
motorhead is offline  
post #1140 of 3251 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,478
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So you think there has been no double standard in this whole story? I'm just trying to understand till what point mods can write the most ridiculous things and pretend we buy it.

It's a bit rhetorical at this point but can you answer me on this (at least for a laugh):
Can you please tell me exactly how far can I push it in THE thread, cause u know, I'd really love to insult SC too. Let me guess, it is mods' discretion, right?
I've been trying to keep things at the single standards level so far, if you're seeing double standards anywhere then that's fair enough, everyone has their own point of view, and I can't argue with that. I don't really remember this FAQ thing.. Was this some time back? I probably wasn't a mod at the time so it wouldn't be appropriate to give an opinion on it.

What would you like to push in THE thread? As with anywhere in non-tennis and the chat threads, harmless banter has always been allowed, as long as it isn't malicious. By the sounds of things you want to rip on someone there.. which I obviously can't condone. However, I would like to know what's brought on this sudden questioning of moderating standards. If anyone didn't know any better they'd think you've just come back raging from a year ban..
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome