Ask MTF Mods - Page 70 - MensTennisForums.com

 41Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1036 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

there's clearly a high demand for it then.
the IT stuff should give it a thought as to implement it, as for the freakyman question? thanks
motorhead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1037 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 09:18 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,376
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
there's clearly a high demand for it then.
the IT stuff should give it a thought as to implement it, as for the freakyman question? thanks
Also asked & answered. Please search in this thread before asking questions about old incidents.


Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
I have a question about removing Freak3yman840's permaban.

First want to say that absolutely support over turning permaban decisions whoever is included but few things confusing me. From all permbaned posters why Freak3yman840 was the one who deserved decision changing when this poster at the time of his ban created at least 3-4 DAs? And by the rules of MTF just this is enough for another permaban. Even more, if already permaban decision deserved to be changed and you didn't want consider all those DAs as another permaban violation why at least he didn't serve suspension for it from the moment when initial decision was changed? We all are witnessing every day cases when temporally banned users creating DAs and getting extra months of penalty for it.

So my question would be why other permabaned posters who aren't breaking the rules and not making DAs even if they know they won't be back don't deserve second chance but one poster who even permabaned was continuing to break the rules deserved it ?



PS Writing all these want to say I have nothing against Freak3yman840 just I am confused with deciding consistency. Oh wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I feel like this has been answered before but the user filed an appeal and it was decided that the user had a good case. The user had already served 6 months of ban time at the time.

.
(May 1st)
ST rank 21 (best 1) - 13 wins, 3 titles (Paris 2014, Madrid + Vienna 2015) YE rank: 16 - 1 - 22
TT singles rank 61 (high 29), Titles: Memphis 2015.... TT doubles rank 28 (high 28). Titles: Quito 2015 (w/scarecrows), Basel 2015, Barcelona 2016 (w/Björki), Estoril 2016 (w/Taz Warrior)
Detailed Tennis Tipping results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline  
post #1038 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Also asked & answered. Please search in this thread before asking questions about old incidents.
Sorry, I think I was missunderstood. I wasn't asking why he was allowed back on MTF after the permaban.
I was asking why is he allowed to be spamming like there's no tomorrow nowadays.
motorhead is offline  
post #1039 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,447
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

@Dylan- just pick the name you prefer best and request it in the namechange thread man. That list gave me a dizzy wizzle. Yeah, that's a term I made up.

The rest of you guys- stop messin' around in here or I'm gonna have to whip out my metre stick... and wave it around. If you've got any serious questions for us (preferably ones that lack unnecessarily clever wit), fire away, otherwise stay away.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #1040 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 10:00 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,860
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

@Shamy Kay answer my question please, did Andreas get my email?

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #1041 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,447
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
@Shamy Kay answer my question please, did Andreas get my email?
You should really ask this question to the man himself, Joe. I believe an email from you to askmtfmods was received, but there's nothing else I know man.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #1042 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 12:22 AM
Registered User
 
Dmitry Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,181
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Wondering if a new VerticalScope template is ever going to come? It hasn't changed in like the 8 years I've been lurking on TF, MTF.... If you could ask the site owners or smth..

MARTiNA HiNGiS
| 10 x Australian Open Champion | 3 x Roland Garros Champion |
| 5 x Wimbledon Champion | 4 x US Open Champion | 5 x YEC Champion |





• Nadal • Philippoussis • Gasquet • Tursunov • Nalbandian • Safin • Bolelli • Tomic • Borg •
• Kournikova • Dokic • Golovin • Dementieva • Myskina • Mirza • Pliskova • Gavrilova • Rubin • Pierce •
Dmitry Verdasco is offline  
post #1043 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 12:33 AM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,860
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

This probably won't get answered, but whatever.


There is certain users whose behaviour definitely isn't within the rules of MTF. However they constantly get away with it and escape bans etc etc. I have asked mods/admins why one of these users gets away with this behaviour before and the response was along the lines of 'they are very special'. The clear implication there is that the user has mental health issues that affect the way they post. However, I am really not sure that this can be used as an excuse not to ban them. For all we know they could be trolling. The way I see it is that if they are fit enough to post on the forum, then they are fit enough to abide by the rules regardless of there mental health/wellbeing.

I mean the fact is that these users aren't the only ones with mental health issues, and it isn't painting a good picture that certain users are getting off the hook with trolling because of their apparent mental health issues. I myself suffer from Aspergers and know at least 3 forumers that also suffer from it. However i'd like to think that our posting is not affected by this. if the posters I am referring to are getting let off the hook then why aren't me and those suffering from Aspergers also getting let off the hook when we troll etcs?

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #1044 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 01:12 AM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,447
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
This probably won't get answered, but whatever.


There is certain users whose behaviour definitely isn't within the rules of MTF. However they constantly get away with it and escape bans etc etc. I have asked mods/admins why one of these users gets away with this behaviour before and the response was along the lines of 'they are very special'. The clear implication there is that the user has mental health issues that affect the way they post. However, I am really not sure that this can be used as an excuse not to ban them. For all we know they could be trolling. The way I see it is that if they are fit enough to post on the forum, then they are fit enough to abide by the rules regardless of there mental health/wellbeing.

I mean the fact is that these users aren't the only ones with mental health issues, and it isn't painting a good picture that certain users are getting off the hook with trolling because of their apparent mental health issues. I myself suffer from Aspergers and know at least 3 forumers that also suffer from it. However i'd like to think that our posting is not affected by this. if the posters I am referring to are getting let off the hook then why aren't me and those suffering from Aspergers also getting let off the hook when we troll etcs?
You're right man, that's not getting answered.

...

Alright, alright, I'll give it a shot...

I think I know what poster(s) you're talking about, since you may have mentioned this in the past. Yeah, no posters should be receiving special treatment. We all come from all walks of life, and come with our own various different set of abilities and needs like any large gathering of people. The main problem is that when it comes to trolling, it's not always that obvious. As you say, for all we know they could be trolling, but most of the time that's a subjective matter and tough for mods to decipher and be consistent with it. We prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt as much as possible.

I'm unsure if you feel their threads are breaking the rules or if it's just their entire forum persona that they use when they post, but you're going to have to report their rule breaking posts or otherwise guide us to where they're breaking the rules. From what I've seen of them personally, their behaviour seems quite light-hearted and not really breaking rules, otherwise something would have been done about it, but since you see it differently, PM us or report to your leisure, mate.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #1045 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Registered User
 
Cloren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10,989
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Well I posted in the name change thread and thought I will post it here as well because I have not received an answer about it there.

What I want to suggest to the mods is that you know when a user(whether his is premium member or not) changes his name, his former usernames should in the user's profile. There is another forum who does it and think this forum should do it as well because once a user changes his username we may not be able to recognize who the user is. If we see the profile and see his former usernames, it would be of great help. It will be more convenient.

So what do you think about this mods? I think it would be useful.
Cloren is offline  
post #1046 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 30
Posts: 12,638
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Your proposal is not Mod business, nor is it Admin business. It's programming business, and all the Admin team can do is they will talk to VS about it and will let you know of developments.
Slasher1985 is offline  
post #1047 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Moderator
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 17,851
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Well I posted in the name change thread and thought I will post it here as well because I have not received an answer about it there.

What I want to suggest to the mods is that you know when a user(whether his is premium member or not) changes his name, his former usernames should in the user's profile. There is another forum who does it and think this forum should do it as well because once a user changes his username we may not be able to recognize who the user is. If we see the profile and see his former usernames, it would be of great help. It will be more convenient.

So what do you think about this mods? I think it would be useful.
Name changes of premium members won't be made public, let alone put in their profiles. I brought this point up a few months ago and my proposal was turned down by the mods. You can search for it in this thread.
Pratik is offline  
post #1048 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered User
 
Cloren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10,989
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Name changes of premium members won't be made public, let alone put in their profiles. I brought this point up a few months ago and my proposal was turned down by the mods. You can search for it in this thread.
I've just seen it and its a shame the proposal was turned down.
Cloren is offline  
post #1049 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,447
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
I've just seen it and its a shame the proposal was turned down.
Could just see it as another perk of being a premium member. If they really wanted everyone to know who they are, they'd probably just tell you in their sig etc. If some members just want to change their names and not let everyone know about, then that's there business. I don't like the idea of forcing it on them by having it in their profile.

I mean, I really dislike my previous name. Would really be irritating if it were permanently in my profile for everyone to see...
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #1050 of 3243 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 AM
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,970
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Could just see it as another perk of being a premium member. If they really wanted everyone to know who they are, they'd probably just tell you in their sig etc. If some members just want to change their names and not let everyone know about, then that's there business. I don't like the idea of forcing it on them by having it in their profile.

I mean, I really dislike my previous name. Would really be irritating if it were permanently in my profile for everyone to see...
C'mon, Shambritfan was not that bad.


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome