1. Futures forum is not built to support individual tennis matches.
2. It seems to me like jealousy to start counting the amount of threads a certain player is getting in GM. You are free to complain for whatever reason you may want you, but I'm telling you now that your claim does not fall within the boundaries of forum rules.
3. Please link us to any thread in GM you believe is under Futures level we might have missed.
1. So absolutely any thread about a particular Futures QD/MD match will be allowed in GM? Same for challengers(since the challenger forum is built in the same way)?
2. Jealously? Yes, of course. (While talking about tennis) I am jealous of a particular user who has never played a tour level match and not Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal. Makes perfect sense. I pointed out the number of threads because YOU reacted as if I was referring to only one thread.
Forum rules? Sure 'career or the girl' falls under forum rules. It seems there are more posts about that than any actual tennis. But, it has the ruse of a tennis match. I guess that must be enough.
But, I digress. It's not just about that one particular thread. If you want to say that those threads are actually about professional tennis as apposed to a particular users dabbling in it, then every
post in that thread should be treated as such. An example, the following should fall under doping allegations without any proof
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1
He was probably smoking weed until 4am
. At least he'll be relaxed for the match
I wonder if he won more than 10 points this time?!
If you say that this about actual tennis and not the user, then you should react to the above post in the same way as if it were directed to an actual professional player.
3. How sly of you. I say that there are non-futures threads in GM. You respond by moving them now and claiming innocence. You mock my use of the term amateur tennis and then covertly move a few threads to the Amateur Tennis subforum. I reported one of those threads back then. Nothing was done till I posted something here. Time and time again mods/admins have mentioned on this thread that posts should be reported rather than pointed out individually on this thread. Yet, (in this case) nothing is done when they are reported, but when mentioned here, action is taken to cover your tracks.
I have to say, I don't understand how this could be such a problem. I mean, it seems pretty harmless to me. If you have a personal problem with the user, that's a shame, but obviously a lot of users are happy about the Johnny Groove match threads. If there were an overwhelming amount of them, that'd be a different story. But as it is, it just seems like entertainment for the GM regulars. It certainly isn't hurting anyone, if it really bothers you, you could simply not go to those threads.
The point is that one of our own is trying to make a tennis career happen. What's the problem in letting everyone have some fun with it?
I have nothing against the user, or those threads. To be honest, I hardly visit GM anymore. My point is on the principle of it. A lot of the other points you make are very dangerous, IMO. Allowing threads for "entertainment for the GM regulars" would allow a lot of more things you(and me) don't want. A lot of bans would become questionable as most users were just doing it for the entertainment of fellow GMers. Similarly, "if it really bothers you, you could simply not go to those threads" could be applied to a LOT of other things.
I'm not saying that these threads should be deleted. Just that they don't belong in GM. As you say, it is about an attempt of a particular user to make a tennis career. It is not about professional tennis.
PS. See my response to Slasher's point 3 above for the part of my post that you quoted.