Ask MTF Mods - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com
 37Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #436 of 3213 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:10 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,831
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Bit of a random question, will the mods of MTF ever meet up for a party? :L

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #437 of 3213 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,371
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
Bit of a random question, will the mods of MTF ever meet up for a party? :L
Everyone is all over the World so that as many timezones as possible are covered for. So, It's unlikely that everyone will be able to meet up for a party, but never say never. Pretty sure the entire mod team are just a bunch of bots anyway
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #438 of 3213 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 61,614
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

hi, i would like to ask the mods a couple of things:

first of all: futures subforum. every week there is A LOT of job to do there(last week 24 tournaments, this week 19...), a job im doing since many weeks ago, not being a mod. im not saying this claiming i should be futures subforum mod, what i mean is that there is some mod out there, that is not doing his job. if i didnt do the job, nobody would open the threads, update them every day, edit, etc. its a lot of job so a lot of time on that, thing that im doing not being a mod and just because i want we can keep talking about the futures, because i love futures-tennis. i would like AT LEAST to have some help, for half of the weeks or something. i was one week on holidays completely out, with no internet at all and no one did the job, so i had to open the threads in the weekend, update the results from the week before, and creating threads for the week after. really, a lot of job to do. so please, mod team, someone help me...

also now im writting here, i would like to ask you to move brydan klein´s thread to british subforum, as he is a british now and not an aussie anymore. we asked on the thread to move it several times but seems no one read it, so sorry if not the right place to ask for it, but here is the link, please do it: Brydan Klein: Australia's Big Hope

thanks in advance

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Tomas Pusic Whitmore

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #439 of 3213 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Новак Ђоковић
 
Andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Нови Сад / København / California
Posts: 2,326
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
first of all: futures subforum. every week there is A LOT of job to do there(last week 24 tournaments, this week 19...), a job im doing since many weeks ago, not being a mod. im not saying this claiming i should be futures subforum mod, what i mean is that there is some mod out there, that is not doing his job. if i didnt do the job, nobody would open the threads, update them every day, edit, etc. its a lot of job so a lot of time on that, thing that im doing not being a mod and just because i want we can keep talking about the futures, because i love futures-tennis. i would like AT LEAST to have some help, for half of the weeks or something. i was one week on holidays completely out, with no internet at all and no one did the job, so i had to open the threads in the weekend, update the results from the week before, and creating threads for the week after. really, a lot of job to do. so please, mod team, someone help me...
Where does it state that a moderator should update those threads? It's appreciated that you keep the tournament threads updated, but considering the lack of activity in that particular subforum I see no reason to appoint a moderator specifically for that part of the forum. If any trouble occurs, the other admins and I and the newly appointed super moderators will be glad to help.


. . . . . . . . . . .
Andreas is offline  
post #440 of 3213 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,371
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
also now im writting here, i would like to ask you to move brydan klein´s thread to british subforum, as he is a british now and not an aussie anymore. we asked on the thread to move it several times but seems no one read it, so sorry if not the right place to ask for it, but here is the link, please do it: Brydan Klein: Australia's Big Hope

thanks in advance
Alright, Klein's thread has been moved to the British subforum. In future, PM a mod about it.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #441 of 3213 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 61,614
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Where does it state that a moderator should update those threads? It's appreciated that you keep the tournament threads updated, but considering the lack of activity in that particular subforum I see no reason to appoint a moderator specifically for that part of the forum. If any trouble occurs, the other admins and I and the newly appointed super moderators will be glad to help.
well its what happens with entry lists and challengers subforums, just to mention a few

i think its a normal thing, and even though we dont have many people posting there, it always has many people viewing that subforums and should be appreciated

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Tomas Pusic Whitmore

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #442 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

I would like to challenge any moderator/administrator on this site into engaging in an adult conversation/debate on my last ban.

I am sure my request will be denied, the idea of you guys actually having to explain your actions is not something you'd want to do, I'm sure.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #443 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,371
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
I would like to challenge any moderator/administrator on this site into engaging in an adult conversation/debate on my last ban.
Sure, if you want to discuss your most recent ban, feel free to PM me or one of the admins if that's what you'd prefer. I will say though, It won't be a debate, but we can discuss the details of the infraction you were given.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #444 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Why can we not do it in here? Why does it have to be hidden away in private messages?
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #445 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,371
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
This thread is not for discussions about any particular event that happened. If you want a discussion, continue to use the PM feature. This is only for questions to moderators
This thread is designed for questions and answers, not discussions. Discussions about bans are between you and moderators. I know you'll disagree with this, but PM me and we'll include this in our conversation if you'd like.
Sham Kay Adams is offline  
post #446 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

I'll PM you provided I can post our PM's in here. As far as I am concerned every one of you should be accountable for the things you say and do given your horrendous attitudes.

Last edited by Sham Kay Adams; 09-02-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Nah, just an edit :)
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #447 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Moderator
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 17,398
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

If a mod/admin edits the title of the thread, does it not show up in "Last edited by:" in the OP?

(I'm not complaining though, as someone helped me out. But, I don't know who did.)
Pratik is offline  
post #448 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 37
Posts: 15,065
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

It shows if it's done by editing your opening post. However, I can click directly on the thread title from the forum view, without going into the thread and change it, that way it's much quicker/easier, but in that case leaves no signature of the change

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline  
post #449 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 AM
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,962
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
If a mod/admin edits the title of the thread, does it not show up in "Last edited by:" in the OP?

(I'm not complaining though, as someone helped me out. But, I don't know who did.)
It was me in the way described by Time Violation. Glad I helped.


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #450 of 3213 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Moderator
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 17,398
                     
Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
It was me in the way described by Time Violation. Glad I helped.
Thanks. Just didn't know if it was you or Marto.
Pratik is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome