Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please. - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Registered User
 
gaitare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,813
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post

Him in Kiedis are like brothers
Tennizen is worse. He has no doubts he's very bright and in reality... And condescending too.
gaitare is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #197 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paris
Age: 26
Posts: 6,118
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Permaban for repeated rule violations is quite an idiotic concept.
Think about an habitual offender with multiple convictions.
This guy got caught again doing a shoplifting. Because he is guilty of repeated rule violations, they are going to sentence him to jail for life. Just wrong.

It's exactly what they are doing to Clay Death.
Gagsquet is offline  
post #198 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered User
 
Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 7,480
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Anyone who is permabanned is that for a reason... Just look at the list!

Personally I didn't care too much for Clay Death so I'm not sad to see him gone. He did have some good posts but I don't appreciate that some people here seem to try to glorify him. He wasn't that great and it's not a surprise to see him banned permanently, considering how he sometimes behaved in GM (and the ACC threads last year).

After Nadal beat Monfils at Doha, before AO 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline  
post #199 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

All of this thread is sad, sad that We reach a situation when ppl get a per-ban or ban at all.
I think ppl should get a ban forever only when they say a racist remark (in all its forms) or a double account. (Do not think I'm against punishments when ppl cross the line).

this place was Created, exists and lives on TENNIS talks, i know sometimes other ppl's Views & Opinions can drive u crazy esp' if tennis is ur passion or u love a player like i love fed (for some its nole, murray, rafa atc atc) but ppl call each other names? bash each other? i heard there's a clown Competition when ppl vote? don't u find it crazy or out of ur class to deal or take part in things like that?

Im not a saint or anything Close to it but i dont know 99.9% of u, u can call me names or insult fed, i wont comment or answer back even if i will want to b/c i dont know u and i came here not to fight with others i came to talk about tennis and get to know ppl who love it from every corner of the world.

i doubt if any of u know my name or my nick, i used to get into GM alot but its hard and its getting harder, one open a thread about something and after 2 seconds its a mess and the hate flows.

can we all open a new and clean page, everyone between everyone? can you forgive even if u cant forget?(im not talking about the ppl who are per-ban im leaving it to the mod's of this site) can we come back to the reason we came here for the first place? u all remember im sure.

I get it its hard, Different people like different players, speak a different language with a different mentality and religion, it cant get any Worse then it right? so many Difference between us but theres two thing in comment to everyone, we love tennis and we love this place.


We need not think alike to love alike.
- David Ferenc


Amber.

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #200 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,189
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

^^ No.

This is a moderated site with rules for posting. Clay Death has been in breach of the rules numerous times. How many times has he been banned in the past? 6 month bans don't work for him. He's had more chances than he deserves, IMO.

People bait each other all the time on GM - you don't have to bite unless you want to.
l_mac is offline  
post #201 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

leng jai has nothing to do with this. This is about CD.
The Prince is offline  
post #202 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

I think all that needs to be said has already been said on this issue. I just hope that the administrators at least consider bringing Clay Death back.
The Prince is offline  
post #203 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Registered User
 
gaitare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,813
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

I thought we are taking this into chat threads soon
gaitare is offline  
post #204 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London (sadly)
Posts: 14,463
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

From the interactions I had with him Clay Death was a intelligent, reasonable poster with a good sense of humor, this despite his love of Clay and Nadal a surface and player I don't like very much. I think a perma ban is very harsh for what is a very useful asset to this forum and implore the mods to change their mind and make the right decision, unbanning Clay Death.

On Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvol View Post
He probably just hangs about in 2nd place protecting himself with 3 bananas whilst waiting for the person in the lead to get blue shelled.
1. Murray wins Wimbledon 2016 after Djokovic is blue shelled by Querrey. Thanks Querrey!

2. Murray wins Olympic Gold for the second time after Djokovic is blue shelled by Del Potro. Thanks Del Potro!

3. Murray wins US Open 2016 after Djokovic is blue shelled by [pending]. Thanks [pending]!

TigerTim is offline  
post #205 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
From the interactions I had with him Clay Death was a intelligent, reasonable poster with a good sense of humor, this despite his love of Clay and Nadal a surface and player I don't like very much. I think a perma ban is very harsh for what is a very useful asset to this forum and implore the mods to change their mind and make the right decision, unbanning Clay Death.
..I'm not sure what is so baffling about this topic. Were you here in 2008 when he joined? Have you taken a look at all his posts in general? Probably no to both. Fact is, he might be "nice" to you but what does that have to do with his clownish behavior elsewhere? Maybe he should be unbanned and only be allowed to talk to TigerTim. People, or rather his supporters, are taking this way too narrow and not looking at the big picture. As was mentioned several times, Clay Fail was absolutely atrocious early on, he got banned a couple of times for his behavior, got warned many times, got a little better but continued to show his foolishness here and there which has led to what it is now. End of story really.

Regardless, if he does get un-permabanned, I'm sure there were be other requests to look at other permabanned posters as well, which is why I think the mods will most likely keep Clay Fail banned because making an exception will make them look like they poorly executed the banning in the first place and it will cause additional questions afterwards.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #206 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
..I'm not sure what is so baffling about this topic. Were you here in 2008 when he joined? Have you taken a look at all his posts in general? Probably no to both. Fact is, he might be "nice" to you but what does that have to do with his clownish behavior elsewhere? Maybe he should be unbanned and only be allowed to talk to TigerTim. People, or rather his supporters, are taking this way too narrow and not looking at the big picture. As was mentioned several times, Clay Fail was absolutely atrocious early on, he got banned a couple of times for his behavior, got warned many times, got a little better but continued to show his foolishness here and there which has led to what it is now. End of story really.

Regardless, if he does get un-permabanned, I'm sure there were be other requests to look at other permabanned posters as well, which is why I think the mods will most likely keep Clay Fail banned because making an exception will make them look like they poorly executed the banning in the first place and it will cause additional questions afterwards.
This would be a fair point, but you resort to calling Hercules 'Clay Fail'

That's completely unnecessary when we're trying to have a logical discussion.

And as much as we are 'supporters', you quite obviously have some beef with the guy.

And why should him being a really nice bloke not influence the decision. That doesn't make sense to me.
The Prince is offline  
post #207 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered User
 
Allez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,025
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
leng jai, yes, your situations are/were different. But pertinent logical comparisons can be made.
Whatever the excuse, you knowingly violated one of the most serious rules on the site - double or multiple accounts.
I'm would have to guess that the moderators/administrators also reviewed your case before initially banning you for the prescribed period.

Your defenders rushed to your defense claiming that you deserved better and to not just look at the violation, but look at it in context of your posting record and in the context that you were "doing it as a joke". Based on this complaint, the administrators/moderators rightly re-reviewed your case. This required a completely subjective judgement on the part of the administrators/moderators. They quite rightly (in my opinion) ended up reducing your penalty.

Clay Death had a relatively minor infraction that happened to be reported (We know many of these types of infractions are not).
This minor infraction caused him to go over an arbitrary limit of total infractions that got him permanently banned.
This is the point I'm arguing. This kind of infraction should not get him permanently banned, it should get him banned to whatever the penalty of that infraction dictates for him. If he's violated that rule many times, then he should get the maximum penalty for that particular infraction, which shouldn't be much more than the minimum penalty for a serious offense.

Regardless, I find it rather sad that you, you who have had leniency granted to you upon re-review, apparently so dislike the poster in question (this must be the reason, I see no other), that you feel administrators shouldn't even re-review this case. It is the height of double standard/hypocrisy, and should be called out as such.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Masterclass in vintage form How could those who have been shown mercy not only have zero empathy for CD but also be the ones casting the proverbial 1st stone. It would have been better staying clear of the thread...Human nature is weird.

Had CD been banned for anything other than a simple case of reaching the max number of minor infractions allowed it would obviously state that on his record. I think it is safe to assume that he did not commit any of the more serious offenses such as creating multiple accounts...

It is clear that folks who have committed what might ordinarily be unforgivable offenses (e.g. multiple accounts) have been re-instated back on the forum in the past...

CD deserves a fair hearing.
Allez is offline  
post #208 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered User
 
shanks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 494
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Please UNBAN CD! He was an entertainer to the core. He always said his main objective was to keep the forum alive and lively.

HE DID JUST THAT.

MTF will lose lot of other quality posters as well if the ban is not reduced.

Bottomline he was an asset to MTF not a liability
shanks is offline  
post #209 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered User
 
finishingmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 23,130
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Hypocrisy, definitely. And a high level of decadence.

Most of these self-appointed vindicators would probably think twice before saying the things they wrote here in person.

On the internet they get carried away and don't see the thorn in their eye... or rather a log in some cases.

Oh, they all have their reasons. Their reasons. Originating from them, not CD.

You don't need a degree in psychology to see what's going on here...

Last edited by finishingmove; 07-26-2012 at 09:49 PM.
finishingmove is offline  
post #210 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,884
                     
Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
This would be a fair point, but you resort to calling Hercules 'Clay Fail'

That's completely unnecessary when we're trying to have a logical discussion.
"Logical discussion" you say, right after calling him Hercules? Embarrassing.

Quote:
And as much as we are 'supporters', you quite obviously have some beef with the guy.

And why should him being a really nice bloke not influence the decision. That doesn't make sense to me.
Because he was only a nice bloke TO SOME people. To others he was a bully. Clear enough for you?

Anyway, I find it funny how some Nadaltards bullshit around all day and then claim they are being mistreated just because the mods are Fedtards. You are not special, nor are you mistreated. Whatever you get, you probably deserve. This goes for everyone on this forum - you know how much shit you have to do to get banned here? It's a joke really.

Personally I have nothing against Nadalfans per se even though I really dislike Rafa. I have nothing against Groove or mimi or Arkulari or hat_boy or even guys like Topspindoctor or GSMNadal even though I think they are clownish sometimes (because so are Fedtards). The biggest forum clowns though, consist for some reason mostly of Nadaltards (see the ACC results). CD was one of these. He was a distinctive poster, that's true, and the reason for that was that he was so repetitive. But he was also insulting and like many have said HAD A HISTORY OF PERSONAL ATTACKS AND SUBSEQUENT BANS. He is not a martyr, not a victim of corrupt moderation, not an innocent bystander. For years he was knowingly balancing on the edge and finally he tipped over it.

I do not and will not ever argue that random Nadaltards should be banned from this forum. The different fanbases make this place somewhat interesting. But I do think that guys who have had countless second chances should logically run out of them eventually.

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome