The "Wishing Death" rule - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 37
Posts: 14,337
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
Of course you try to avoid talking about death, the serbians killed a lot of bosnians and its really natural death is a strong word for them. But in another pacifical countries like Brazil where death comes merely as a consequence of social problems, we arent so traumatized by it, specially when it comes to soft talking and language expressions such as: " i killed myself of working today and
" i wish i could kill this tennis player because he annoys me a lot, being this not so different from saying yopu disling specially because the whole world is not crazy and psycho like the serbians in the decade of 90 saying you dislike someone so using your argument that you are tired of wars, I really wish you hadnt killed all those bosnians being a less sensitive person now that your people ar and actually using ACTIONS, and not merely WORDS to express your love to the world.
Lol, what garbage are you spewing there. Get a freaking clue. On topic, I think the rule is fine as it is. If someone thinks he was wrongly banned, he can always appeal.

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Новак Ђоковић
 
Andreas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Нови Сад / København / California
Posts: 2,323
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
Of course you try to avoid talking about death, the serbians killed a lot of bosnians and its really natural death is a strong word for them. But in another pacifical countries like Brazil where death comes merely as a consequence of social problems, we arent so traumatized by it, specially when it comes to soft talking and language expressions such as: " i killed myself of working today and
" i wish i could kill this tennis player because he annoys me a lot, being this not so different from saying yopu disling specially because the whole world is not crazy and psycho like the serbians in the decade of 90 saying you dislike someone so using your argument that you are tired of wars, I really wish you hadnt killed all those bosnians being a less sensitive person now that your people ar and actually using ACTIONS, and not merely WORDS to express your love to the world.

You could stop avoiding provocations to Nadal and people to lose for Djokovic as a nice beginning to be a nicer person.
This post is wrong on so many levels.

Wishing death is not funny. It doesn't matter if you're Serbian, Brazilian or from Somalia. I know it might be hard for you to accept that your friend broke the rules, but posts like these are really unnecessary and add nothing valuable to the discussion.


. . . . . . . . . . .
Andreas is offline  
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,020
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
This post is wrong on so many levels.

Wishing death is not funny. It doesn't matter if you're Serbian, Brazilian or from Somalia. I know it might be hard for you to accept that your friend broke the rules, but posts like these are really unnecessary and add nothing valuable to the discussion.
I thought maybe his post was like that because of the language barrier, because he cannot be serious.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,702
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

Spartan Murray DF Old Warhorse Ferrer 6-7 7-6 6-4 7-6

Do your job mods.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:30 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,702
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

No ban for the post? it's a 3 month ban for wishing death

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

They're being reviewed at the moment.
scoobs is offline  
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 AM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,109
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Lol, what garbage are you spewing there. Get a freaking clue. On topic, I think the rule is fine as it is. If someone thinks he was wrongly banned, he can always appeal.
How do you appeal when you can not enter the forum? My post was misunderstood and I was banned without a chance to explain that the moderator did not put it in context. If you can not enter the forum it is difficult to appeal.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 03:52 AM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,778
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
How do you appeal when you can not enter the forum? My post was misunderstood and I was banned without a chance to explain that the moderator did not put it in context. If you can not enter the forum it is difficult to appeal.
POLICY: Ban Discussion / Appeal

Don't think you need to login to access this thread
Lee is offline  
post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

Thanks for everyones' feedback in this thread.

I think on balance the feedback has been to leave it as it is - or in any case, there's no clear-cut opinion in favour of a particular way of lessening the severity of the punishment, so for now it will stay as it is - all situations will result in a ban, no warning given, even for people who claim it was meant as a joke.
scoobs is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome