Severe Censorship - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I'm totally against reopening these threads, no matter if in GM or anywhere else. They're spiteful, nasty and therefore not needed among adults.

And I think that there should be some ways to keep the result threads in GM clean from trolling. I've read that trolling on MTF is against the rules so the usual suspects who are repeatedly doing that in the result threads shoud be warned.

Otherwise, scoobs can do what he wants. He's the boss
sycophant |ˈsikəfənt; -ˌfant|
noun
a person who acts obsequiously toward someone in order to gain advantage; a servile flatterer.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 02:37 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,482
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

But this censorship is becoming too much. Fed's mate posted this in terms of Djokovic-Nadal on clay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
+1. I see no reason why he wont win it. He's better than Nadal right now in every department (the results prove this) and rafa is in poor form. In my view it looks like Djok will be the best player in between the Federer & Dimitrov eras. He is just too good right now. Nadal has nothing on him. I am trying to visualize rafa beating Novak and i just cant see it. Sorry it aint happening.
An uninformed post to say the least. I responded with a smiley to which Fed's Mate insulted me (that post is now deleted).

Instead of running to the mods like a whiny little bitch, I took it upon myself to explain my situation (Nadal's many month title less drought that happens every year and his record on clay since 2005 that speaks for itself) and insult Fed's Mate back, calling him a fuckwit. Then, instead of being a man, insulting me back, and giving me a legitimate reason why he thinks Djokovic can actually beat Nadal on clay, the little punk ass bitch whines and cries to the mods and gets all the posts deleted

Don't dish it if you can't take it, kid.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.

Last edited by scoobs; 03-24-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #93 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

The posts were in breach of the rules, so I don't know what your problem is.
scoobs is offline  
 
post #94 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,482
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

I just don't like the hypocrisy. And scoobs, I know it is a very difficult job moderating this site, and I commend you.

But you see insults flying all around GM 24/7. Should you not delete all posts?

Or does the loud mouth the one that gets fed? ie, the poster who complains gets his wish of deleted posts because he can't handle a naughty word being hurled in his direction when he flings it all around this site in every post he makes?

Look, posters like me would rather insult back when provoked than cry to the mods to have posts deleted. MTF vigilante justice, as it were. I guess it must be a philosophical difference.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #95 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

I don't see insults flying around GM all the time because I don't read every thread. Nor do any of the other mods. So in some cases, reporting posts is what gets them attention, otherwise mods might miss them.

Philosophically you might prefer to fight fire with fire, as it were, but that's still against the rules.

Perhaps we need to add another half a dozen or so mods to GM and NT.
scoobs is offline  
post #96 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Olympic GOAT
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 21
Posts: 43,260
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Or does the loud mouth the one that gets fed? ie, the poster who complains gets his wish of deleted posts because he can't handle a naughty word being hurled in his direction when he flings it all around this site in every post he makes?
You better not be talking about me, because I rarely use bad language in my posts, nor have I ever reported a post because it contained a swear word directed at me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
But this censorship is becoming too much. Fed's mate posted this in terms of Djokovic-Nadal on clay:



An uninformed post to say the least. I responded with a smiley to which Fed's Mate insulted me (that post is now deleted).

Instead of running to the mods like a whiny little bitch, I took it upon myself to explain my situation (Nadal's many month title less drought that happens every year and his record on clay since 2005 that speaks for itself) and insult Fed's Mate back, calling him a fuckwit. Then, instead of being a man, insulting me back, and giving me a legitimate reason why he thinks Djokovic can actually beat Nadal on clay, the little punk ass bitch whines and cries to the mods and gets all the posts deleted

Don't dish it if you can't take it, kid.
You can't call him a kid, when he's older than you

Also, his post was also deleted, so what's the problem?
You say you don't whine to the mods, but what exactly are you doing right now?

LET'S GO!!
SLAMS: 3 TITLES, 8 finals, 9 semi-finals, 8 quarter-finals...
WORLD TOUR FINALS: 1 TITLE, 3 semi-finals...
MASTERS: 14 TITLES, 7 finals, 12 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
OLYMPICS: 2 gold medals, 1 silver...
DAVIS CUP: 1 TITLE, 1 semi-final, 1 quarter-final...
WORLD #1: 15 weeks and counting...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 635-176...
TITLES: 44 and counting...
~ Roger ~ Monty ~ Pics ~ Stronga ~ Berdman ~ Feli ~
Sapeod is offline  
post #97 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,482
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word Life View Post
You better not be talking about me, because I rarely use bad language in my posts, nor have I ever reported a post because it contained a swear word directed at me...
It was directed at Fed's Mug.

Quote:
You can't call him a kid, when he's older than you

Also, his post was also deleted, so what's the problem?
You say you don't whine to the mods, but what exactly are you doing right now?
I am discussing.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #98 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 PM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,189
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Perhaps we need to add another half a dozen or so mods to GM and NT.
I will step up.

l_mac is offline  
post #99 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 03:19 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,533
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I don't see insults flying around GM all the time because I don't read every thread. Nor do any of the other mods. So in some cases, reporting posts is what gets them attention, otherwise mods might miss them.

Philosophically you might prefer to fight fire with fire, as it were, but that's still against the rules.

Perhaps we need to add another half a dozen or so mods to GM and NT.
I think the big thing here is that if we do delete every single personal attack 3/4s of the board complains and if we don't delete every single personal attack, 3/4s of the board still complains.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #100 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered User
 
safin-rules-no.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,699
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I think the big thing here is that if we do delete every single personal attack 3/4s of the board complains and if we don't delete every single personal attack, 3/4s of the board still complains.
If you ban Word Life then 1/4 of the problem solved instantly.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #101 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 4,629
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

mods deleted my Gulbis thread.

get over yourselves and contribute!
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline  
post #102 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Registered User
 
Cloudygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

was that the Gulbis should retire thread?

If so why is this one still open

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=10600357

whilst I agree the thread was a complete load of bollocks the other posters should at least be able to express that thought rather than it just being closed.

Richard GasquetGilles SimonRafa Nadal Stan Wawrinka Andy Murray
Cloudygirl is offline  
post #103 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Bit different suggesting a guy in his early 20s should retire after a poor match than suggesting a guy approaching 30 and struggling a lot for results might be "done" in terms of slam wins and top 10 tennis, no?

The Gulbis thread is a typical, and silly reaction, to a bad loss by people on here, and if it were left up there's be handfuls of them every tournament. I don't think so.
scoobs is offline  
post #104 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,189
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Just in case you missed my post, scoobs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
I will step up.

l_mac is offline  
post #105 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Severe Censorship

Noted.
scoobs is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome