Poor poor Asia - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Unhappy Poor poor Asia

still no space on the front page to include a quick link to Asia player forum like all the others got one?
Ivanatis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,310
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

I always figured this omission was a way to distance from the inconsistency of grouping by continent as opposed to country. And then I realized that South America is listed.

Great idea to ask I too think it would be fabulous if an Asia link were added. Feeling left out, regardless of the context, is generally not good.
WarriorA is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Tênis Mambembe
 
Zirconek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 36,804
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

We've noticed it before and were told by the techs that there's no more space to add the Asian forum, which is the newest or one of the newest added. I'll ask them if after the last upgrades if it's possible now. Some threads that should be in Asian forum are still in "rest of the world" too I don't know if the habitués of these threads will like them moved to Asian forum since there's not a quick reach.

Zirconek is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM
webmaster
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,333
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

I will find out if there is an easy way to fix this.
Steve is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,310
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

Thank you for looking into this. It is much appreciated!
WarriorA is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 46
Posts: 58
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

umm...is it because of Asia's relative modest achievements?
garfunkel3008 is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

bump
still not fixed
Ivanatis is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 05:19 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Poor poor Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
bump
still not fixed
I had a hard time getting Italy put in. And then when people were talking about Asia they were told there was no room. And apparently that has been the case ever since It looks to me like Asia could be fit in, but just not the whole title of the actually Asian Forum. But apparently since people have just asked for "Asia" to be put in I don't guess there is room even for that
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

Is it because of limitation of characters? Well, one could remove the "fan forums" and the "..." from "More..." and there would be easily enough space then. And yes "Asia" would be fine. It's all about simply having a quick link and not going to the player subforum and then even having to search for the right one afterwards.
Ivanatis is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Poor poor Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
Is it because of limitation of characters? Well, one could remove the "fan forums" and the "..." from "More..." and there would be easily enough space then. And yes "Asia" would be fine. It's all about simply having a quick link and not going to the player subforum and then even having to search for the right one afterwards.
I don't know if it is a limitation of characters or not? It was never explained to me other than just to say there was no room As I said it looks like to me it could fit in, but I know nothing about the interworking of MTF. And that is what we would have to know.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

yup once again it's a nice nittle cocktail of arrogance mixed with ignorance, plus the only admin/mod who deals with technical issues looks in here like once a week

if at least sth. was happening, it would be fine, but how dare I ask with not even all the database error stuff fixed after years
Ivanatis is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 05:01 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Poor poor Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
yup once again it's a nice nittle cocktail of arrogance mixed with ignorance, plus the only admin/mod who deals with technical issues looks in here like once a week

if at least sth. was happening, it would be fine, but how dare I ask with not even all the database error stuff fixed after years
Well I think the "database error stuff" just means that there is too much on this Forum for the server to properly handle. There is a lot of waste on this Forum--player forums that are never used (and I'm not talking about players who are sick or injuried) and instead of closing/removing forums more just keep getting added.
And I know all the Mods don't receive full information about the working of MTF because when I have asked questions I'm been told they don't know the answers. So obviously they aren't all that much more informed than the posters here are! Which is a bad situation, but it isn't the Mods' fault that they aren't being given the informaiton.

And yet on a Forum this size there is no room for the word "Asia". It would almost be funny, if it weren't so sad!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

yup that's exactly how it is, it's clearly a communication issue and it looks like 99% of it is nothing the mods here cant be blamed for, the administration from verticalscope seems really a complete joke sending one single fella here once a week who obviously doesn't have anything at all to do with tennis in an eternal struggle to push the most recent tournament forums on the front page
one would think that the money they get from subscriptions floats right into improvements and most of all into server size which would solve the main issue of this forum, the functionality, but the database stuff you can almost bet on after every exciting GS semi or final (and not only then) is obviously telling us differently; really glad I'd never paid into it although I've considered once or twice, by now we'd surely be beyond the point where I would demand my money back
oh well.. I hope they're getting the Asia thingey fixed soon at least, it's really no biggy
Ivanatis is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Re: Poor poor Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
yup that's exactly how it is, it's clearly a communication issue and it looks like 99% of it is nothing the mods here cant be blamed for, the administration from verticalscope seems really a complete joke sending one single fella here once a week who obviously doesn't have anything at all to do with tennis in an eternal struggle to push the most recent tournament forums on the front page
one would think that the money they get from subscriptions floats right into improvements and most of all into server size which would solve the main issue of this forum, the functionality, but the database stuff you can almost bet on after every exciting GS semi or final (and not only then) is obviously telling us differently; really glad I'd never paid into it although I've considered once or twice, by now we'd surely be beyond the point where I would demand my money back
oh well.. I hope they're getting the Asia thingey fixed soon at least, it's really no biggy
And what you just said is a big reason why more people won't pay to join. Who wants to pay for something that does't work properly? I mistakenly believed when I did become a paying member that it would help the Forum to work better--more money to use to get better service. I guess that lets people know how stupid I am because my money didn't make a bit of difference in the Forum at all Unless you want to count the fact that I
got the name "Italy" included

EDIT: After I posted this I tried to go to another section of the Forums and what did I get? That's right--DataBase Error after DataBase Error--I thought I was never going to be able to get back in and the Forum isn't even that busy right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again it would be funny, if it weren't so sad

Last edited by 16681; 11-15-2010 at 09:17 AM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Poor poor Asia

I have sorted this - Asia now has a quick link
scoobs is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome