Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,218
                     
Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Sure it is a spectacular game, but it does kind of block out other cool stuff in the forums(especially in the current tournaments forums) like FITD, PYW, and the main tournament talk. I usually, probably like many other MTFers, kind of scroll down the screen and look at the latest posted thread.

A solution?

One big old Tennis Tipping Forum!

TT 2015 w/chowdahead25: Estoril, Bucharest, and Auckland Champions
Miami Finals
COLLEGE TENNIS SUB-FORUM

BAGHDATIS | FEDERER | DANCEVIC | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO

JOHN | KRAJICEK | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | STEVO |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock and Kendo Forever
Ozone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Tênis Mambembe
 
Zirconek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 36,804
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Sure it is a spectacular game, but it does kind of block out other cool stuff in the forums(especially in the current tournaments forums) like FITD, PYW, and the main tournament talk. I usually, probably like many other MTFers, kind of scroll down the screen and look at the latest posted thread.

A solution?

One big old Tennis Tipping Forum!
This thread would better fit in Site Discussion & News forum (probably will be moved soon)

I guess if the Tennis Tipping threads should go to the Games section (except for the Challengers TT threads, that already are placed there), then all games threads should go to Games section's specific forums.

I personally think these threads don't pollute the tournaments forums (they don't have more than 1 page displayed, and they have their sticked threads) and actually bring more posters/guests to these sections. If the TT threads are more active than the others, it's just a merit of TT.

Zirconek is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 01:34 AM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums



TT deserves to be at the top of all the tournament sections because it's the best game
adee-gee is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 01:50 AM
why did I pay for premium
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 5,837
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

competition with TT is not fair
FilipeMB is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Registered User
 
Snoo Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 28,936
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
it does kind of block out other cool stuff in the forums
what does this mean, block out? is stuff disappearing from the tournament forums cuz of the TT threads? I don't understand what the problem is.
Snoo Foo is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,218
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

It means that when you scroll down the home page you see the TT threads as the latest post and not the other stuff.

TT 2015 w/chowdahead25: Estoril, Bucharest, and Auckland Champions
Miami Finals
COLLEGE TENNIS SUB-FORUM

BAGHDATIS | FEDERER | DANCEVIC | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO

JOHN | KRAJICEK | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | STEVO |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock and Kendo Forever
Ozone is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,218
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post
This thread would better fit in Site Discussion & News forum (probably will be moved soon)

I guess if the Tennis Tipping threads should go to the Games section (except for the Challengers TT threads, that already are placed there), then all games threads should go to Games section's specific forums.

I personally think these threads don't pollute the tournaments forums (they don't have more than 1 page displayed, and they have their sticked threads) and actually bring more posters/guests to these sections. If the TT threads are more active than the others, it's just a merit of TT.
Edu, Tennis Tipping is superior to all of the other games. Therefore, it doesn;t need the games section. The other games can stay in the Game forums but I think Tennis Tipping may need a big forum itself, or a sub-forum in the games forum.
Another thought about TT is I think the challengers threads should go in the challengers forum since the other TT tourneys go in there tourneys forum.

TT 2015 w/chowdahead25: Estoril, Bucharest, and Auckland Champions
Miami Finals
COLLEGE TENNIS SUB-FORUM

BAGHDATIS | FEDERER | DANCEVIC | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO

JOHN | KRAJICEK | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | STEVO |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock and Kendo Forever
Ozone is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:00 AM
F***ing have it
 
alfonsojose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Barranquilla (COL)
Age: 41
Posts: 16,976
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

I agree games should be placed in a sub forum for every tournament

"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another" .. Madonna

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Petzschner, Simon, Qureshi, Steve Johnson
alfonsojose is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 01:44 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
kai.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: N.Hollywood
Age: 27
Posts: 10,533
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

i think the tt ATP tournaments threads are ok where are now..
the only game than is botering to me is PYW
1 THREAD FOR ROUND!! c'mon.. they cant do 1 thread?? ¬¬
and in Futures or Challengers there are all of them on the top and the turnaments thread above ¬¬
is no fear..
kai. is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 10,090
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
It means that when you scroll down the home page you see the TT threads as the latest post and not the other stuff.
Are you depressed, cause you're a spoiled bugger?
Yves. is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 04:57 PM
why did I pay for premium
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 5,837
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai. View Post
i think the tt ATP tournaments threads are ok where are now..
the only game than is botering to me is PYW
1 THREAD FOR ROUND!! c'mon.. they cant do 1 thread?? ¬¬
and in Futures or Challengers there are all of them on the top and the turnaments thread above ¬¬
is no fear..
We have not had reports of people complaining about it to now but I'll bring this idea for the other members of the management and what they think.
We already do this for Challengers and Futures, after a request from CooCooCachoo.
FilipeMB is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM
In hiding.
 
SloKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 19,112
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeMB View Post
We have not had reports of people complaining about it to now but I'll bring this idea for the other members of the management and what they think.
We already do this for Challengers and Futures, after a request from CooCooCachoo.
Challengers are different as there is only one sub-foum for all challenger tournaments whereas every tournament on the ATP tour has their own sub-forum. I don't see a problem with game threads being started in those, it has been like that for ages and don't recall there being any complaints about it.
SloKid is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,218
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

I think I overreacted. It really isn't that bad. I just think that the Challenger TT tourneys should go in the challenger sub-forums.

TT 2015 w/chowdahead25: Estoril, Bucharest, and Auckland Champions
Miami Finals
COLLEGE TENNIS SUB-FORUM

BAGHDATIS | FEDERER | DANCEVIC | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO

JOHN | KRAJICEK | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | STEVO |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock and Kendo Forever
Ozone is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 04:10 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
kai.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: N.Hollywood
Age: 27
Posts: 10,533
                     
Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
I think I overreacted. It really isn't that bad. I just think that the Challenger TT tourneys should go in the challenger sub-forums.
no.. should not!! poor coocoo
kai. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome