The reason behind the biscuit's ban - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 94,679
                     
The reason behind the biscuit's ban

We demand information. There is a thread about banned users but it's not like it's being updated when a popular and vocal member gets banned.

It triggers speculations and threads like this one - unnecessarily. There was enough of time to update the other thread.

The latest rumour is she was a double account of P. Antonius.

Comedy is a drama that happens to other people

my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered User
 
Thanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,795
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

i second this motion. its about time that we learn why the biscuit account has been suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post

It's sarcasm its just I am very intelligent most ppl can't even get my jokes..
Thanos is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,003
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
The latest rumour is she was a double account of P. Antonius.

Nathii

FAN OF THE BEAUTY
MariaV is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Ask her when she returns?

If it were a long term ban she would be on the Banned User's most wanted list.
scoobs is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 94,679
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Well, clarity of the forum deserves information. They want us to obey the rules, but we, the peaceful posters who have friendships on this board, request being seriously treated too. As much as we can guess why ruanz was kicked out, we don't know what happened to Liz.

Sending emo messages to posters?

Scoobs, we were not even informed if she has a long ban or a shot ban, or a perm ban. There were rumours she was a double account. How do we know she comes back? Don't act a smartass because mutual agreement MTF mods have with the posters demands respect from both sides. As if it hurt so much to give the reason.

Comedy is a drama that happens to other people

my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,670
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

p antonius was banned? And Biscuit?

DelPotro:Ferrer:Gulbis:M&M
cobalt60 is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 94,679
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

P. Antonius' ban was explained in the banned user info just like it should be.

The biscuit was also banned but we don't know why.

Comedy is a drama that happens to other people

my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,670
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
P. Antonius' ban was explained in the banned user info just like it should be.

The biscuit was also banned but we don't know why.
Yep went to the thread on banned users just after I posted.

DelPotro:Ferrer:Gulbis:M&M
cobalt60 is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Well, clarity of the forum deserves information. They want us to obey the rules, but we, the peaceful posters who have friendships on this board, request being seriously treated too. As much as we can guess why ruanz was kicked out, we don't know what happened to Liz.

Sending emo messages to posters?

Scoobs, we were not even informed if she has a long ban or a shot ban, or a perm ban. There were rumours she was a double account. How do we know she comes back? Don't act a smartass because mutual agreement MTF mods have with the posters demands respect from both sides. As if it hurt so much to give the reason.
I don't know why she got the ban - it didn't impact the forum I moderate so I kept out of it, and I haven't asked.

I do know it was a short-term ban, I do also know that the list of banned users is kept up to date for long-term or perm-banned users so if a user is banned but not on that you can assume they got a short term ban with a duration of some days.

I don't think the users need to be kept advised of every infraction that other users commit, even if it leads to a short term ban, I don't think that's really any of their business, but that's my personal opinion - we'll have a discussion about this though and consider if there needs to be a change here or not.
scoobs is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Nathii, It has been already informed, albeit in an informal setting, that it is a short term ban for reasons yet unknown to the informer.

JM broke his ban today by creating a second account but was fast spotted and banned again. We have yet to know if this rather foolish attempt at ban breaking will have any further consequences on him.
JolánGagó is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 94,679
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I don't know why she got the ban - it didn't impact the forum I moderate so I kept out of it, and I haven't asked.

I do know it was a short-term ban, I do also know that the list of banned users is kept up to date for long-term or perm-banned users so if a user is banned but not on that you can assume they got a short term ban with a duration of some days.

I don't think the users need to be kept advised of every infraction that other users commit, even if it leads to a short term ban, I don't think that's really any of their business, but that's my personal opinion - we'll have a discussion about this though and consider if there needs to be a change here or not.
Well, you give us as much information as you know yourself now, which is appreciated.

Could have been for infraction points, well, this makes sense. What I meant is that we all know she's a popular person on the forum and we don't know if it was because of infraction points or anything else. She wasn't a random troll who gets out for a few days and comes back and nobody even noticed the disappearance. And yes, most of people do wonder what happened to someone that was liked and was gone; if me or Adam were out for infraction, imagine the havoc on the forum if the official information would be denied to be given, even if we were sent off only for a few days. I hope it does sound rational enough for you to get my point of view.

In the history of MTF I remember banned user info updates when people were out for a week or two if it was about someone known.

Comedy is a drama that happens to other people

my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
if me or Adam were out for infraction, imagine the havoc on the forum if the official information would be denied to be given, even if we were sent off only for a few days.
NID

well I for sure would pull a Federer a sob for hours.
JolánGagó is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,190
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
she's a popular person on the forum


Only people that post in your thread will have any idea who she is.

She has made zero impact in GM.

Quote:
In the history of MTF I remember banned user info updates when people were out for a week or two if it was about someone known.
This is true.

Maybe the mods are getting lazier.
l_mac is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Only people that post in your thread will have any idea who she is.

She has made zero impact in GM.
Well people in MariaV's thread know her very well too, there she made a considerable impact. Both thread combined is pretty much what matters of MTF.
JolánGagó is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 01:44 AM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,190
                     
Re: The reason behind the biscuit's ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Well people in MariaV's thread know her very well too, there she made a considerable impact.
Only because I made it so I wouldn't say she was popular with that particular thread

Here I am again, making her relevant. Deep down, I like her lots.
l_mac is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome