Election of Moderators - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: Would You Like Have The Election System?
Yes 7 18.92%
No 30 81.08%
Yes, but we should make these changes (Specify) 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Not literally, but you get my point... democracy is what we need.
No, we don't. This is a privately-owned message board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Lol, isn't it true though are you in the first grade?
Excuse me? It's not true. MTF may be made of adults in the legal sense (as in, they are mostly over 18), but they do not act like adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Hmm, debatable.
Not at all debatable.

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Athletic DNA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Nearest 10K Futures Event
Posts: 3,170
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
There has to be a need for a moderator in a certain section for the moderator to be considered. A popular player forum, or more GM and NT mods.

They probably just don't feel the exhibition forum needs one. What kind of things do you think need to be moderated in there? Maybe one of the moderators can do the things you think need to be done.
I just think it would be nice to have all exhibition events listed under a profile, like in the Challenger section with info on the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
No, we don't. This is a privately-owned message board.
Excuse me? It's not true. MTF may be made of adults in the legal sense (as in, they are mostly over 18), but they do not act like adults.

Not at all debatable.
Apoligzes, I mean't to say you are NOT an 8th grader, I typed that in the morning.

It is privately owned, but to make it better and fit the needs of people, shouldn't we elect who moderates it?
10K Futures Qualifier is offline  
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:26 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 40
Posts: 23,394
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Yes, maybe elect new moderators every three years? Something, but I think that MTF needs democracy.
I think MTF needs more tolerance in the first place.

If some people would change their behaviour on the board a little bit and stop insulting each other or troll around in threads the moderators would have to do far less.

Yes, MTF is an internet forum and nobody should really take anything serious here but unfortunately a lot of discussions end in talks which don't have to do with sports - and wasn't tennis the main reason we all registered here on MTF once?

I guess it's natural that we don't agree sometimes with the work of certain moderators, but as I posted earlier isn't it better to try to solve huge problems with the moderator alone or talk to one of the administrators about it?

Will people ask for premature election when there will be problems with one of the new voted moderators?

Being a moderator on MTF, especially on GM, isn't surely an easy job regarding the huge community here and the amount of daily posts. We have seen moderators giving up their jobs in the past (for example Shotgun or Lee) and they would probably not be the only one who could tell all the people who still think it's an advantage to be a moderator here about the negative side of it.
Eden is offline  
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Athletic DNA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Nearest 10K Futures Event
Posts: 3,170
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I think MTF needs more tolerance in the first place.

If some people would change their behaviour on the board a little bit and stop insulting each other or troll around in threads the moderators would have to do far less.

Yes, MTF is an internet forum and nobody should really take anything serious here but unfortunately a lot of discussions end in talks which don't have to do with sports - and wasn't tennis the main reason we all registered here on MTF once?

I guess it's natural that we don't agree sometimes with the work of certain moderators, but as I posted earlier isn't it better to try to solve huge problems with the moderator alone or talk to one of the administrators about it?

Will people ask for premature election when there will be problems with one of the new voted moderators?

Being a moderator on MTF, especially on GM, isn't surely an easy job regarding the huge community here and the amount of daily posts. We have seen moderators giving up their jobs in the past (for example Shotgun or Lee) and they would probably not be the only one who could tell all the people who still think it's an advantage to be a moderator here about the negative side of it.
Yes, talking to the moderator directly is a good idea, but look at how many people had a problem with Raging Lamb. He is still a moderator.

Also, if we elected moderators yes, there will be no moderator everyone loves, but the number of people that do not like the moderator will go down.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline  
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I think MTF needs more tolerance in the first place.

If some people would change their behaviour on the board a little bit and stop insulting each other or troll around in threads the moderators would have to do far less.

Yes, MTF is an internet forum and nobody should really take anything serious here but unfortunately a lot of discussions end in talks which don't have to do with sports - and wasn't tennis the main reason we all registered here on MTF once?

I guess it's natural that we don't agree sometimes with the work of certain moderators, but as I posted earlier isn't it better to try to solve huge problems with the moderator alone or talk to one of the administrators about it?

Will people ask for premature election when there will be problems with one of the new voted moderators?

Being a moderator on MTF, especially on GM, isn't surely an easy job regarding the huge community here and the amount of daily posts. We have seen moderators giving up their jobs in the past (for example Shotgun or Lee) and they would probably not be the only one who could tell all the people who still think it's an advantage to be a moderator here about the negative side of it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Yes, talking to the moderator directly is a good idea, but look at how many people had a problem with Raging Lamb. He is still a moderator.
But people have a problem with him simply because they don't like that he moderates what they say. They only have a problem with him because they were allowed to get away with all kinds of crap for so long and don't like all of a sudden being told that it's not OK. It's not like RL has actually done anything wrong or abused his powers. He has fully admitted that not all of his actions were correct, but everyone makes mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Also, if we elected moderators yes, there will be no moderator everyone loves, but the number of people that do not like the moderator will go down.
Why are you under the impression that mods need to be liked? Who cares? The point is that the board should be a nice place for people to post - as Eden says - about TENNIS. The problem is that people are almost unable to do that lately b/c of all the bickering. Maybe the bickering is popular, and what if those people who are mean bullies get elected as mods? I think we all know how badly that would turn out.

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:42 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 40
Posts: 23,394
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Yes, talking to the moderator directly is a good idea, but look at how many people had a problem with Raging Lamb. He is still a moderator.
So this is actually the "MTF wants to get rid of Raging Lamb" thread? I can't say something about the situation with him/her as I never had any problems, but apparently whatever problems there might be they probably aren't serious enough for the administrators or runners of this side to decide to do something against her/his work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Also, if we elected moderators yes, there will be no moderator everyone loves, but the number of people that do not like the moderator will go down.
How do you know this? You can't forsee it.
Eden is offline  
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Athletic DNA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Nearest 10K Futures Event
Posts: 3,170
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post


But people have a problem with him simply because they don't like that he moderates what they say. They only have a problem with him because they were allowed to get away with all kinds of crap for so long and don't like all of a sudden being told that it's not OK. It's not like RL has actually done anything wrong or abused his powers. He has fully admitted that not all of his actions were correct, but everyone makes mistakes.

I see your point, but if that many people have problems with him, whether or not he has made mistakes, he should not be a moderator.

Why are you under the impression that mods need to be liked? Who cares? The point is that the board should be a nice place for people to post - as Eden says - about TENNIS. The problem is that people are almost unable to do that lately b/c of all the bickering. Maybe the bickering is popular, and what if those people who are mean bullies get elected as mods? I think we all know how badly that would turn out.
Yes, but those people won't get elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
So this is actually the "MTF wants to get rid of Raging Lamb" thread? I can't say something about the situation with him/her as I never had any problems, but apparently whatever problems there might be they probably aren't serious enough for the administrators or runners of this side to decide to do something against her/his work.
It's not I am just using that as an example.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline  
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Yes, but those people won't get elected.
I am not sure about that at all. I think that some of them certainly would.

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,696
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaon View Post
That is so true.
Did I not tell you

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,696
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I think MTF needs more tolerance in the first place.

If some people would change their behaviour on the board a little bit and stop insulting each other or troll around in threads the moderators would have to do far less.

Yes, MTF is an internet forum and nobody should really take anything serious here but unfortunately a lot of discussions end in talks which don't have to do with sports - and wasn't tennis the main reason we all registered here on MTF once?

I guess it's natural that we don't agree sometimes with the work of certain moderators, but as I posted earlier isn't it better to try to solve huge problems with the moderator alone or talk to one of the administrators about it?

Will people ask for premature election when there will be problems with one of the new voted moderators?

Being a moderator on MTF, especially on GM, isn't surely an easy job regarding the huge community here and the amount of daily posts. We have seen moderators giving up their jobs in the past (for example Shotgun or Lee) and they would probably not be the only one who could tell all the people who still think it's an advantage to be a moderator here about the negative side of it.
Oh stop being so mature Doris. It just doesn't suit MTF don't you know

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 95,882
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

But we are already having a mod election on MTF It's called Arse Clown Contest and takes part in Non-Tennis.

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,276
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

I think the Administrators can select people to become a mod. However, that should be based on posting credentials and duration of stay on MTF etc. Once they make a short list of candidates we can vote to see who becomes the mod.

“For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin'; and death be all that we can rightly depend on.” - Bram Stoker, Dracula
tennizen is offline  
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,696
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

A little history for you Glab and anyone else who is interested:

NEW MODS

Welcome new mods!!!

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,276
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Thanks Sue. Why isn't this system followed now. Would have saved us from RagingLamb

“For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin'; and death be all that we can rightly depend on.” - Bram Stoker, Dracula
tennizen is offline  
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Athletic DNA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Nearest 10K Futures Event
Posts: 3,170
                     
Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
I am not sure about that at all. I think that some of them certainly would.
I suppose, but if they were so bad people would not vote for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
I think the Administrators can select people to become a mod. However, that should be based on posting credentials and duration of stay on MTF etc. Once they make a short list of candidates we can vote to see who becomes the mod.
I think we should choose from the beginning, not given a list to vote from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
A little history for you Glab and anyone else who is interested:

NEW MODS

Welcome new mods!!!
Yes, but this system is not consistent. If you looked at my first post new mods would be chosen every 4 years, one set of new mods for each section. Also, it should be a vote, no recommendations given and then the administrators choose .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Thanks Sue. Why isn't this system followed now. Would have saved us from RagingLamb
Yes, I have never been the biggest fan of Raging Lamb.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome