French Open 2013 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
                     
French Open 2013

OK I know, it's a bit early to start a thread on the next French Open But I'm planning to buy tickets this year, and they go on sale on Wednesday, so I have to make plans.

Has any of you been there before?

My intention was to go during the early rounds (because there are more players, because it's cheaper, and because if - God forbid - Ferru should lose early, at least I would have more chances of seeing him).

Apparently, you have to choose between the Central Court (Chatrier), Lenglen and Court n°1 when you buy the ticket. That's not cool because of course I have no idea where David will be scheduled... So I don't really know what to do. He'll be Top 4 most probably, so I don't believe there's much of a chance that he will NOT be on one of these courts.
I think he will be either on the Lenglen or Chatrier. Last year in the first rounds, the Top 4 players were almost always on Lenglen or on Chatrier. But the thing is, with Nadal probably being Top 5, they might choose to put David on Court n°1...

Anyway I don't know what to do. I don't think there really is a way of telling, I'll have to rely on luck, and I am not generally very lucky I guess the practice court might be a possibility too.
Sophitia36 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 51
Posts: 3,866
                     
Re: French Open 2013

Good luck to you! I hope you get to go!
Edda is offline  
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 16,033
                     
Re: French Open 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
I'll have to rely on luck, and I am not generally very lucky


Yeah, that's the downside of going early on in the tournament, it's harder to predict on which court he will be. But in general you're right about it being more fun, you can just walk from court to court all day and watch epic 5 set matches between two clay grinders.

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
                     
Re: French Open 2013

I remember in Bercy already it was a mess, since the final schedules were issued so late, I often had to try and grab an Internet connection and find a way to buy the right ticket or exchange mine... I got what I wanted in the end but it was very stressful.

This time it will probably be easier to exchange tickets, since some people will undoubtedly be looking for Lenglen tickets for instance... But there are more limitations (basically, 3 different options that are mutually exclusive).
Sophitia36 is offline  
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Registered User
 
evjenia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
                     
Re: French Open 2013

Sophitia, can just wish you good luck, cause can´t give any advice. Although I was at French Open last year, but - only at the qualies! Still had a great pleasure, watched many great matches, but I am sure qualies is not your aim...) Interesting that I´ve seen there Zeballos, who beated Rafa recently - he lost back then in the qualies. Seen Laura Robson who lost in the last round of qualies in a very dramatical match, Tommy Haas who won, very funny Julia Putintzeva, Heather Watson, many other former and rising stars, so I still have fantastic memories about it! And I´m sure you will have twice as much pleasure, watching the greater stars. Good luck in buying the tickets!
evjenia is offline  
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Registered User
 
evjenia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
                     
Re: French Open 2013

Also seen some stars training, including Nadal and Azarenko, as a bonus)))
evjenia is offline  
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
                     
Re: French Open 2013

Vamos Ferru!
Davivi is offline  
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
                     
Re: French Open 2013

I got tickets for the 2nd round (both days) on the Lenglen. Now I can only light a candle and hope... Or be prepared to go berserk on the ticket exchange system when they publish the schedule
Sophitia36 is offline  
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 12:42 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 51
Posts: 3,866
                     
Re: French Open 2013

I'd love to see Ferru and Rafa in the French Open final together!
Edda is offline  
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Registered User
 
alisia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,164
                     
Re: French Open 2013

the first few days are normally very crowded so if you want to see someone on an outside court get there early. Also not many players normally practice on site but the outside courts are quite small & you get close to the action
alisia is offline  
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 51
Posts: 3,866
                     
Re: French Open 2013

How exciting, Sophitia!
Edda is offline  
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
                     
Re: French Open 2013

OK... I had written an almost-full report of my RG experience, and I hit the wrong key and lost everything before I could post.
I think I'm just having a generally crappy day, so I'll stop there and start again tomorrow.

To tell the truth, right now, I am devastated because I was never able to see Ferru practice. I was still clinging to the hope of maybe seeing him tomorrow (it's weird because I did get to see him very well on court 2, AND I got an autograph, but somehow I cannot get over the fact that over the 4 days I spent there, I was unable to watch him practice even though I did pretty much everything in my power to make this happen).

And well, after reviewing my options very thoroughly, looking at how much money I can afford to spend, how much I have spent already, how much energy it would take to get up at 3 in the morning to go back to Paris, then go home in the evening, find someone to share a car in both directions because I cannot afford the train... and all that with always the possibility of finding myself locked out of his practice again if he happens to be on Chatrier, I reached the conclusion that it was completely unreasonable to go there tomorrow, and that the only reason why I am even considering it is that I am unable to let go and accept that I am not going to get this, and I should be already happy with what I had. But happy is definitely not what defines my state of mind right now.

So I think I'll just go to bed, I'll try to write a report tomorrow, and maybe in a few days I will stop having my withdrawal syndome or post-partum or whatever it is that makes me feel very depressed right now. Ferru going to the final might help...
Anyway, I'm actually hoping that pictures won't pop up on Twitter tomorrow showing him practicing on a small court, because that would probably be the last straw
Sophitia36 is offline  
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
                     
Re: French Open 2013

They've just shown pictures of Ferru arriving for practice. On a small court. And I'm not there because once again I have made the wrong decision. Fuck my life.
Sophitia36 is offline  
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 16,033
                     
Re: French Open 2013



I know you're disappointed, but it was the right decision all things considered.

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 670
                     
Talking Re: French Open 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
OK... I had written an almost-full report of my RG experience, and I hit the wrong key and lost everything before I could post.
I think I'm just having a generally crappy day, so I'll stop there and start again tomorrow.

To tell the truth, right now, I am devastated because I was never able to see Ferru practice. I was still clinging to the hope of maybe seeing him tomorrow (it's weird because I did get to see him very well on court 2, AND I got an autograph, but somehow I cannot get over the fact that over the 4 days I spent there, I was unable to watch him practice even though I did pretty much everything in my power to make this happen).

And well, after reviewing my options very thoroughly, looking at how much money I can afford to spend, how much I have spent already, how much energy it would take to get up at 3 in the morning to go back to Paris, then go home in the evening, find someone to share a car in both directions because I cannot afford the train... and all that with always the possibility of finding myself locked out of his practice again if he happens to be on Chatrier, I reached the conclusion that it was completely unreasonable to go there tomorrow, and that the only reason why I am even considering it is that I am unable to let go and accept that I am not going to get this, and I should be already happy with what I had. But happy is definitely not what defines my state of mind right now.

So I think I'll just go to bed, I'll try to write a report tomorrow, and maybe in a few days I will stop having my withdrawal syndome or post-partum or whatever it is that makes me feel very depressed right now. Ferru going to the final might help...
Anyway, I'm actually hoping that pictures won't pop up on Twitter tomorrow showing him practicing on a small court, because that would probably be the last straw
u got an autograph? that means u were near him! I would have just melted...I want to know details. Did he smile at u? I'm eager to read ur post, but I know u r busy. (so take all the time u need) I'm sure since u live in france u get to see him more regularly on t.v. perhaps on sports channels there?! anyway t c Sophitia
iramlatif is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome