We're down to five now.
Good luck everybody! Get to the finals!
SUICIDE AUSTRALIA: DAY EIGHT PICKS!
How to play Suicide Tennis:
REMEMBER: Once you pick a player you cannot pick him again for the rest of the tournament.
- Go here to read the FAQ.
- You have until beginning of the day's match play to pick your player. Once matches have started, you cannot pick a player. Go here to see the GMT for when matches begin play.
- Pick one player per day (not per round) to win; if he wins, you are still in the game, if he loses, you are out.
- If you pick a player who retires during matchplay or suddenly withdraws before a match, you are out.
- If you pick a player whose match is rescheduled for the next day, your original pick still stands.
- No changing your mind! Once you've picked a player, it sticks.
- Please make your pick in a timely fashion. Game hostess reserves the right to disqualify a participant if she feels that the late pick rule is being abused.
- In order to avoid confusion, please name your pick by the player's last name. NO nicknames or first names. In the case where players share the same last name (e.g. Rochus) please use the player's first initial as well (e.g. C. Rochus).
- Here's a tool to help you figure out time zones (Melbourne)
- VCASH AWARD FOR WINNER(S)! Bank Of MTF is offering a vcash award to the lucky winner(s) of Suicide Australia. Multiple winners will split the prize.
- in order to win this vcash pot, the winner(s) must have picked a player to win every day of the tournament; no sick/off days allowed.
- no stragglers allowed in after the first day of match play is completed.
- no doubles matches will be included in this game.
- Good luck
Matches begin at 11:00am local (Melbourne) time. You have until then to make your pick.
AUSTRALIAN OPEN OOP - DAY EIGHT - Monday, Jan 23, 2006
J. C. Chela vs. N. Kiefer
D. Hrbaty vs. N. Davydenko
P-H. Mathieu vs. S. Grosjean
R. Federer vs. T. Haas
SUICIDE AUSTRALIA DAY EIGHT PICKS:
(previous days' picks are in parenthesis)
DeccyB123 - (Johansson, Andreev, Blake, Horna, Baghdatis, Chela, Santoro) Grosjean
JerrySienfeld - (Nieminen, Hrbaty, Ljubicic, Ferrero, Johansson, Haas, Nalbandian) Chela
kfh_9118 - (Nieminen, O. Rochus, Ferrer, Mirnyi, Johansson, Haas, Ljubicic) Davydenko
Princesa! - (Benneteau, Sanguinetti, Nieminen, Ferrero, Baghdatis, Haas, Nalbandian) Grosjean
Shotgun Blues - (Muller, Phau, Blake, Coria, Baghdatis, Davydenko, Ljubicic) Chela