The "Guga Fans Forever" Chat Thread! - Page 652 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9766 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:45 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
Where has Amethyst (Claudia) been? I think she's the person who gave me my first good rep ever here in MTF.
She hasn't been here for a long time. May be because Guga was not playing.
Lee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9767 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:46 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

And Guga lost 2-6 5-7


even i have zero expectation
Lee is offline  
post #9768 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 05:10 AM
Registered User
 
tall_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: lost in some cornfield
Age: 38
Posts: 8,249
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
And Guga lost 2-6 5-7


even i have zero expectation
*sigh*
tall_one is offline  
post #9769 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Scavenger Hunter
 
PennyThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: swimming across the pacific ocean
Posts: 31,853
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowa, on a theory proposed by Annie
the connection between his brain and his body has been restored!
PennyThePenguin is offline  
post #9770 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Billabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 18,732
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

I feel Guga could revive this forum if he could win at least a match We can only hope, the only way is up

Anyone will watch the AO finals (women and men)?

Guga Kuerten

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic
Billabong is offline  
post #9771 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Scavenger Hunter
 
PennyThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: swimming across the pacific ocean
Posts: 31,853
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

well the women's final looks pretty lopsided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowa, on a theory proposed by Annie
the connection between his brain and his body has been restored!
PennyThePenguin is offline  
post #9772 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Billabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 18,732
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

OMG first time I really felt bad for Sharapova, she was totally spanked against Serena Serena played even better than her 2002-2003 tennis, she was totally perfect from all parts of the court Roger looked awesome yesterday night, another deserved title for him Now it's Guga's time to shine

Guga Kuerten

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic
Billabong is offline  
post #9773 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Billabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 18,732
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

So what was your appreciation for the AO 2007? I felt it was strange in the women's side, I mean I really thought Clijsters would win, what a let down from her in the semis When Serena beat Jankovic in the fourth round, I knew she would be awfully tough to beat, it looked like 2002 all over again In the men's side, Roger was definitely convincing in his win over Roddick, one of the most unbelievable performances I have ever seen Marat seems to be playing well again, but I reaaaaally want him to beat Roddick the next time they play Cmon Marat

Guga Kuerten

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic
Billabong is offline  
post #9774 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,644
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Now AO is over time for me to visit this thread again! I really saw too much of this tournament, I think more than ever. But I really liked it this year. Tried to see as much as possible of Kim's matches, I still hate it that this will be her last season on tour. And I really hoped that she would win... when she lost I didn't care about WTA final anymore, and as it was in the night my time, I didn't watch it either.
The men tourny I really liked as well, was happy with Marco qualifying, sad that he lost in first round already. I really enjoyed the matches of Federer and Gonzalez and I even watched quite some matches of Nadal (usually I skip those as I always get then ). Loved the final and am really happy with Rogi's win

And now I really can't wait to see tennis again, as I doubt there will be any on tv soon, the first tennis will be in 3 weeks, when I visit the Rotterdam tournament, of course. Marco will be there


Bolelli |~| Pospisil
Chiudinelli |~| Federer


Nymeria is offline  
post #9775 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Billabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 18,732
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Now AO is over time for me to visit this thread again! I really saw too much of this tournament, I think more than ever. But I really liked it this year. Tried to see as much as possible of Kim's matches, I still hate it that this will be her last season on tour. And I really hoped that she would win... when she lost I didn't care about WTA final anymore, and as it was in the night my time, I didn't watch it either.
The men tourny I really liked as well, was happy with Marco qualifying, sad that he lost in first round already. I really enjoyed the matches of Federer and Gonzalez and I even watched quite some matches of Nadal (usually I skip those as I always get then ). Loved the final and am really happy with Rogi's win

And now I really can't wait to see tennis again, as I doubt there will be any on tv soon, the first tennis will be in 3 weeks, when I visit the Rotterdam tournament, of course. Marco will be there
Yah I also preferred the men's side this year Can you believe that since 2000 (so in the last 8 AO women's finals), it happened only once (last year) that the woman for who I was rooting for won? Seems like the AO final is always a bad luck for me What consolates me about Kim, is that she would have probably been thrashed in the finals, the way Serena played... I guess it's time to move on, the upcoming tournaments should be less nerve-wracking for our favorites

Right now I'm enjoying the great -25 Celcius temperatures we have here

Guga Kuerten

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic
Billabong is offline  
post #9776 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,644
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
Yah I also preferred the men's side this year Can you believe that since 2000 (so in the last 8 AO women's finals), it happened only once (last year) that the woman for who I was rooting for won? Seems like the AO final is always a bad luck for me What consolates me about Kim, is that she would have probably been thrashed in the finals, the way Serena played... I guess it's time to move on, the upcoming tournaments should be less nerve-wracking for our favorites

Right now I'm enjoying the great -25 Celcius temperatures we have here
As I don't cheer for the Wiliams sisters, Henin, Sharapova or Mauresmo (tho lately I have changedmy opinion about her a bit, and it's ok if she wins) it's hard for me to get a winner on wta I like

Luckily in ATP it's easier to get a winner I like to see winning


Bolelli |~| Pospisil
Chiudinelli |~| Federer


Nymeria is offline  
post #9777 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Billabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 18,732
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Luckily in ATP it's easier to get a winner I like to see winning
Definitely
How's life going in Holland these days?

Guga Kuerten

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic
Billabong is offline  
post #9778 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,644
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
Definitely
How's life going in Holland these days?
Life's ok here... not really something special. I am in my graduating year of uni, but as I don't have a work placement, I have some time left now Hopefully I'll find a good placement within a few weeks and then I will be finished with uni soon!


Bolelli |~| Pospisil
Chiudinelli |~| Federer


Nymeria is offline  
post #9779 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Billabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 29
Posts: 18,732
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

I guess the final year of University is the best one I can't wait (still have 5 semestries to go) for mine! Do you think you'll have fun in your future job?

Guga Kuerten

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic
Billabong is offline  
post #9780 of 10390 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,644
                     
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

In my uni this isn't the one to like most, as it's all stuff doing alone, so I hardly ever see my uni friends. So it's a bit lonely. But luckily I got more free time

I don't think I will start working rightaway, I can still work all life, so I rather continue study for another few years. And I want to do a different course, don't know exactly what tho


Bolelli |~| Pospisil
Chiudinelli |~| Federer


Nymeria is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome