New Ranking System - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
eljab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Laon (Picardie)
Age: 43
Posts: 3,527
                     
New Ranking System

Hi,

As the ranking system seems not so fair, i've done a "try" with a new ranking system : Best 18 (4 GS - 9 Masters 1000 - 5 best other events)

Here is the result with some precision

Shanghai masters was not existing last year (so Hambourg is count as Masters for last years)

In the best 5 other results is included Shanghai (don't know what to do about this tournament !)

I'll have some practical questions :
for example, last year, Hamburg was a masters. This year, at the place it will be Shanghai in october.
The week of Hamburg, will i delete the last year Hamburg (08) results or will i had Hamburg (09) in the best 5 and wait shanghai (09) to delete Masters Hamburg (08) points ? Not sure to be clear...

well let's see the result




last thing, a poll will probably be open later in the day

Suicide = ??
FITD = NC titles 2008 : 4 / 2009 : 1
PAW : = NC
DTT single : NC; double : NC
TT "you want a bye in 1st round ? Play eljab !" (25 lost in 1st round on 37 challengers played)
Single : NC CH (22/38) ATP [23/16] / 2009 : (0/2)[2/3]
no title, no final
Double : NC (44/35) [14/16] / 2009 : (2/2)[3/3]
W Finals : 5 /Titles : 2 CH Knoxville 07 (with Colt th magnific); CH Besancon 08 (With Sol "Haute" Apollo)
eljab is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Filipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 8,020
                     
Re: New Ranking System

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljab View Post
Hi,

As the ranking system seems not so fair, i've done a "try" with a new ranking system : Best 18 (4 GS - 9 Masters 1000 - 5 best other events)

Here is the result with some precision

Shanghai masters was not existing last year (so Hambourg is count as Masters for last years)

In the best 5 other results is included Shanghai (don't know what to do about this tournament !)

I'll have some practical questions :
for example, last year, Hamburg was a masters. This year, at the place it will be Shanghai in october.
The week of Hamburg, will i delete the last year Hamburg (08) results or will i had Hamburg (09) in the best 5 and wait shanghai (09) to delete Masters Hamburg (08) points ? Not sure to be clear...
the new real system is working with 12 mandatory systems (4/4 Slams, 8/9 Masters) + 4 from category 500 and 2 from category 250 or challenger. those who qualify and play at Season End Championship (Shanghai, now London) will have 19th tournament.

last year it was 4+9+5 (+1 Shanghai).

i think that will be more precise and fair as it's in real and TT for example. but won't this cause you problems with ranking ? if no, i'm for it.

as for Hamburg: every tournament should fall of after 52 weeks exactly. so no need to wait for Shanghai this year to erase Hamburg.

Filipo is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
eljab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Laon (Picardie)
Age: 43
Posts: 3,527
                     
Re: New Ranking System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipo View Post
the new real system is working with 12 mandatory systems (4/4 Slams, 8/9 Masters) + 4 from category 500 and 2 from category 250 or challenger. those who qualify and play at Season End Championship (Shanghai, now London) will have 19th tournament.

last year it was 4+9+5 (+1 Shanghai).

i think that will be more precise and fair as it's in real and TT for example. but won't this cause you problems with ranking ? if no, i'm for it.

as for Hamburg: every tournament should fall of after 52 weeks exactly. so no need to wait for Shanghai this year to erase Hamburg.
Well then ranking should be based on
4 GS
8 best masters on 9
6 best other results. (Don't sure that make a difference between 250 and 500 event is really usefull and practical. Perharps best 6 others is enough.)
And then, masters for the ones who are in.

other point.
So after Hambourg this year, there will have 8/8 masters to be count until Shanghai (then best 8/9)

Suicide = ??
FITD = NC titles 2008 : 4 / 2009 : 1
PAW : = NC
DTT single : NC; double : NC
TT "you want a bye in 1st round ? Play eljab !" (25 lost in 1st round on 37 challengers played)
Single : NC CH (22/38) ATP [23/16] / 2009 : (0/2)[2/3]
no title, no final
Double : NC (44/35) [14/16] / 2009 : (2/2)[3/3]
W Finals : 5 /Titles : 2 CH Knoxville 07 (with Colt th magnific); CH Besancon 08 (With Sol "Haute" Apollo)
eljab is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 102
                     
Re: New Ranking System

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljab View Post
Well then ranking should be based on
4 GS
8 best masters on 9
6 best other results. (Don't sure that make a difference between 250 and 500 event is really usefull and practical. Perharps best 6 others is enough.)
And then, masters for the ones who are in.

other point.
So after Hambourg this year, there will have 8/8 masters to be count until Shanghai (then best 8/9)
I like it better that way.

My tennis website: http://giveabagel.co.nr
Jackie Stephens is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Filipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 8,020
                     
Re: New Ranking System

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljab View Post
Well then ranking should be based on
4 GS
8 best masters on 9
6 best other results. (Don't sure that make a difference between 250 and 500 event is really usefull and practical. Perharps best 6 others is enough.)
And then, masters for the ones who are in.

other point.
So after Hambourg this year, there will have 8/8 masters to be count until Shanghai (then best 8/9)
ok, i agree on 4+8+6 (+1)

as for Hamburg: last year Hamburg is at the same time as this year Madrid. also last year Madrid will be replaced by this year Shanghai. Only difference is the more time betweeen Shanghai (last year Madrid) and Paris. the lowest points from Masters will be excluded from the ranking.

Filipo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome