Novak News!! - Page 221 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3301 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered User
 
Noleta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Love Carpet
Posts: 40,645
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
From Swiss newspaper,it didnt translate very well probably cos its Swiss German rather than normal German which is the only option in google translate...

On Tuesday evening, the Serbian beats defending champion of the Swiss Indoors in Basel for the first time on St.Jakobshalle (from 18.00 clock). But if the world number 3 against childhood friend Ernests Gulbis (Latvia) takes up, it is unclear whether the head does not act as a brake.

BASEL - tennis star Novak Djokovic says what your goal really excites him, and why it makes skiing success.
Because for Djokovic are Basel, Paris and the final World Tour Finals in London only BeigemŁse. The crown jewel is the Davis Cup final against France from Serbia in early December. He wants to be fit. Until then he will not get hurt, do not waste too much energy.

"Is to play in the Davis Cup the best feeling ever," says the 23-year-old. "We are every day 20 000 spectators in the hall have. If we win, that's the biggest success for the Serbian sports in general. "

But in Basel, he will make good figure. "Switzerland brings me luck," he says. In 2007 he went skiing in Crans Montana. A month later he won the Australian Open. so far the only Grand Slam title. His The "Djoker": "If I have to think helps me to strap on the skis again."

But for now, the talented skier to win the ugliest salad bowl(Davis Cup) in the world focuses only. Even girlfriend Jelena Ristic stands on the sidelines. "She is busy with her studies, has no time for me. And anyway, I'm not her priority. No more, "he says and smiles.


http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/die...-glueck-159844
Not to worry,sure there are many outthere who wanna make him their priority
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Thanks! The translation is quite rough though.

at the part about Jelena. So she is back to her study again.



http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinal...of-Tennis.aspx

'Art Of Tennis' Exhibit Comes To London For 10 Days Only In November

For 10 days only, the unique 'Art Of Tennis' collection will be exhibited at La Galleria Pall Mall in London. From Monday, 8 November through 18 November, artworks created by Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and the six other London combatants will be showcased for free before being auctioned for charity. The artworks will also be displayed in the Fan Zone at The O2 from 21-28 November during the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

Novak Djokovic, Qualified October 9, 2010
"It's a great achievement to qualify. It was incredible how many people came out to watch each and every match last year. I haven't experienced that before. Every match I played last year was a full stadium with 15,000 people and I really look forward to playing in front of that crowd again. Of course I will do my best to get even further than I did last year to try to pass the group stage," said the World No.2.

Desktop Backgrounds : Ľ 1024x768, Ľ 1280x1024, Ľ 1440x900, Ľ 1920x1200
I look forward to see him play too
Noleta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3302 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,856
                     
Re: Novak News!!

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tenni...y-because.html

Bercy Diary: In the Room 11/10/2010 by Gauloises

[...]

By the time I make my escape, I have only a few minutes to type out some thoughts before the PA summons us again, this time for Novak Djokovic. Iím behind again, coming in just as Djokovic has taken a seat and started to banter - in French, no less - with the reporters in the front row. Djokovic's hair still wet from a shower. He leans back in his chair, allows his limbs to loll, and awaits formal questions. When they come, he leans forward to the microphone with a confiding smile and talks seriously and fluently, creating an impression of great thoughtfulness. Heís sharp, too; when a French journalist asks a question about Davis Cup, Djokovic turns it into a joke that has the whole room disarmed and laughing with him before the question is even fully finished.

From his almost flawless English grammar to the way he works to comprehend a mangled question about Rafa delivered in a strong accent, I feel like heís making an effort for us, that heís made himself open to the room and he's willing to talk. I feel bad for him that the room is only half as full as it was for Federer. I want to ask him a question he can get his teeth into, but I donít, because the journalists are handed a microphone to voice their questions and I donít know how the microphone works. There might be a button you need to press, and Iím scared to embarrass myself. I donít understand; Iím here as a journalist, the supposed scourge of the top players, and yet Iím the one whoís scared while he looks relaxed enough to be in his slippers at home.

Itís not until I notice the almost convulsive way that Djokovic swallows about every thirty seconds that it dawns on me: Heís nervous, too. I might not be the only one in this room who's afraid of a public misstep. If I fumble, no-one except me will remember; if he says the wrong thing, heíll never be allowed to forget. Iím filled with admiration for his ability to be charming under such pressure, to act like heís on our side, rather than an adversary. His performance is so graceful itís almost moving.

I still donít hold up my hand for the microphone, though. Djokovic done this far more often than I have.
shuhrat is offline  
post #3303 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered User
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Novak News!!

I read that too, lovely.



Novak Djokovic nļ1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
 
post #3304 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered User
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Novak News!!

A bit disrespectful but I appreciate the humor.

At long last, the Novak Djokovic falcon T-shirt is for sale

By Chris Chase

The world in which you woke up this morning is a better place than the one in which you fell asleep last night.

Ever since we first caught a glimpse of the T-shirt Srdjan Djokovic was wearing at this year's U.S. Open, we've waited and wondered whether that garment, the most transcendent article of clothing since the Shroud of Turin, would ever be available for mere mortals like ourselves to purchase. Could we have our own T-shirt depicting Novak Djokovic wearing a T-shirt with a falcon on it, or was it to be something that we'd long for the rest of our lives but would never fall within our grasp?

Fear not, my friends, because now we can. After two long months of waiting, the Novak Djokovic T-shirt is finally for sale. Nole's official website has started selling various shirts with his image on it, including the same one his father Srdjan wore during this summer's Open.

There are five different shirts to choose from. We selected the best three:

1. The original

It looks to be exactly the same as the one worn by Srdjan. Now I know what Da Vinci felt when he saw his Mona Lisa for the first time.

2. The torso-spanning backhand

If you've ever wanted a shirt with a back that includes a stray hand, a racquet and a ball that seems completely out of place*, this is the garmet for you.

* Why is the ball to the right of the racquet and completely out of Nole's line of vision?

3. The server

A shirt that brings all the joys of Novak's serve without all the incessant ball-bouncing. I especially like the Serbian spelling of Đoković on the back.

----------

On the site the shirts are priced at "5.000 din" which I take to mean 5,000 dinar (dinar being the Serbian unit of currency. Looking at the exchange rates, that would make the shirts 64 American dollars a piece. That might seem high until you remember that it's $64 for a T-shirt depicting Novak Djokovic wearing a T-shirt with a freakin' falcon on it.

Santa, consider my Christmas list complete.

Enthusiastic racquet-clap to @JamesLaRosa for the tip.



Novak Djokovic nļ1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #3305 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered User
 
mlle mila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: paris
Posts: 798
                     
Re: Novak News!!



You gotta give it to team novak and family they never disapoint
mlle mila is offline  
post #3306 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered User
 
mlle mila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: paris
Posts: 798
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tenni...y-because.html

Bercy Diary: In the Room 11/10/2010 by Gauloises

[...]

By the time I make my escape, I have only a few minutes to type out some thoughts before the PA summons us again, this time for Novak Djokovic. Iím behind again, coming in just as Djokovic has taken a seat and started to banter - in French, no less - with the reporters in the front row. Djokovic's hair still wet from a shower. He leans back in his chair, allows his limbs to loll, and awaits formal questions. When they come, he leans forward to the microphone with a confiding smile and talks seriously and fluently, creating an impression of great thoughtfulness. Heís sharp, too; when a French journalist asks a question about Davis Cup, Djokovic turns it into a joke that has the whole room disarmed and laughing with him before the question is even fully finished.

From his almost flawless English grammar to the way he works to comprehend a mangled question about Rafa delivered in a strong accent, I feel like heís making an effort for us, that heís made himself open to the room and he's willing to talk. I feel bad for him that the room is only half as full as it was for Federer. I want to ask him a question he can get his teeth into, but I donít, because the journalists are handed a microphone to voice their questions and I donít know how the microphone works. There might be a button you need to press, and Iím scared to embarrass myself. I donít understand; Iím here as a journalist, the supposed scourge of the top players, and yet Iím the one whoís scared while he looks relaxed enough to be in his slippers at home.

Itís not until I notice the almost convulsive way that Djokovic swallows about every thirty seconds that it dawns on me: Heís nervous, too. I might not be the only one in this room who's afraid of a public misstep. If I fumble, no-one except me will remember; if he says the wrong thing, heíll never be allowed to forget. Iím filled with admiration for his ability to be charming under such pressure, to act like heís on our side, rather than an adversary. His performance is so graceful itís almost moving.

I still donít hold up my hand for the microphone, though. Djokovic done this far more often than I have.
YES it's adorable and moving but why am i more focused on the part with the shower and wet hair ?
mlle mila is offline  
post #3307 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Registered User
 
Tommy_likes_me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lost in the world of tennis
Posts: 694
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlle mila View Post
YES it's adorable and moving but why am i more focused on the part with the shower and wet hair ?
My thought exactly. Shower, wet hair, those are the magic words.
Tommy_likes_me is offline  
post #3308 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Registered User
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_likes_me View Post
My thought exactly. Shower, wet hair, those are the magic words.
You're so bad.
My mind wandered there too.



Novak Djokovic nļ1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #3309 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered User
 
Noleta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Love Carpet
Posts: 40,645
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
By the time I make my escape, I have only a few minutes to type out some thoughts before the PA summons us again, this time for Novak Djokovic. Iím behind again, coming in just as Djokovic has taken a seat and started to banter - in French, no less - with the reporters in the front row. Djokovic's hair still wet from a shower. He leans back in his chair, allows his limbs to loll, and awaits formal questions. When they come, he leans forward to the microphone with a confiding smile and talks seriously and fluently, creating an impression of great thoughtfulness. Heís sharp, too; when a French journalist asks a question about Davis Cup, Djokovic turns it into a joke that has the whole room disarmed and laughing with him before the question is even fully finished.

From his almost flawless English grammar to the way he works to comprehend a mangled question about Rafa delivered in a strong accent, I feel like heís making an effort for us, that heís made himself open to the room and he's willing to talk. I feel bad for him that the room is only half as full as it was for Federer. I want to ask him a question he can get his teeth into, but I donít, because the journalists are handed a microphone to voice their questions and I donít know how the microphone works. There might be a button you need to press, and Iím scared to embarrass myself. I donít understand; Iím here as a journalist, the supposed scourge of the top players, and yet Iím the one whoís scared while he looks relaxed enough to be in his slippers at home.

Itís not until I notice the almost convulsive way that Djokovic swallows about every thirty seconds that it dawns on me: Heís nervous, too. I might not be the only one in this room who's afraid of a public misstep. If I fumble, no-one except me will remember; if he says the wrong thing, heíll never be allowed to forget. Iím filled with admiration for his ability to be charming under such pressure, to act like heís on our side, rather than an adversary. His performance is so graceful itís almost moving.

I still donít hold up my hand for the microphone, though. Djokovic done this far more often than I have.
From this

Quote:
The world in which you woke up this morning is a better place than the one in which you fell asleep last night.

Ever since we first caught a glimpse of the T-shirt Srdjan Djokovic was wearing at this year's U.S. Open, we've waited and wondered whether that garment, the most transcendent article of clothing since the Shroud of Turin, would ever be available for mere mortals like ourselves to purchase. Could we have our own T-shirt depicting Novak Djokovic wearing a T-shirt with a falcon on it, or was it to be something that we'd long for the rest of our lives but would never fall within our grasp?

Fear not, my friends, because now we can. After two long months of waiting, the Novak Djokovic T-shirt is finally for sale. Nole's official website has started selling various shirts with his image on it, including the same one his father Srdjan wore during this summer's Open.

There are five different shirts to choose from. We selected the best three:

1. The original

It looks to be exactly the same as the one worn by Srdjan. Now I know what Da Vinci felt when he saw his Mona Lisa for the first time.

2. The torso-spanning backhand

If you've ever wanted a shirt with a back that includes a stray hand, a racquet and a ball that seems completely out of place*, this is the garmet for you.

* Why is the ball to the right of the racquet and completely out of Nole's line of vision?

3. The server

A shirt that brings all the joys of Novak's serve without all the incessant ball-bouncing. I especially like the Serbian spelling of Đoković on the back.

----------

On the site the shirts are priced at "5.000 din" which I take to mean 5,000 dinar (dinar being the Serbian unit of currency. Looking at the exchange rates, that would make the shirts 64 American dollars a piece. That might seem high until you remember that it's $64 for a T-shirt depicting Novak Djokovic wearing a T-shirt with a freakin' falcon on it.

Santa, consider my Christmas list complete.

Enthusiastic racquet-clap to @JamesLaRosa for the tip.
To this
Noleta is offline  
post #3310 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Registered User
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Novak News!!

You can vote for Novak for the best stroke on the ATP tour here...
http://www.tennis.com/



Novak Djokovic nļ1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #3311 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Registered User
 
pica_pica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,602
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tenni...y-because.html

Bercy Diary: In the Room 11/10/2010 by Gauloises

[...]

By the time I make my escape, I have only a few minutes to type out some thoughts before the PA summons us again, this time for Novak Djokovic. I’m behind again, coming in just as Djokovic has taken a seat and started to banter - in French, no less - with the reporters in the front row. Djokovic's hair still wet from a shower. He leans back in his chair, allows his limbs to loll, and awaits formal questions. When they come, he leans forward to the microphone with a confiding smile and talks seriously and fluently, creating an impression of great thoughtfulness. He’s sharp, too; when a French journalist asks a question about Davis Cup, Djokovic turns it into a joke that has the whole room disarmed and laughing with him before the question is even fully finished.

From his almost flawless English grammar to the way he works to comprehend a mangled question about Rafa delivered in a strong accent, I feel like he’s making an effort for us, that he’s made himself open to the room and he's willing to talk. I feel bad for him that the room is only half as full as it was for Federer. I want to ask him a question he can get his teeth into, but I don’t, because the journalists are handed a microphone to voice their questions and I don’t know how the microphone works. There might be a button you need to press, and I’m scared to embarrass myself. I don’t understand; I’m here as a journalist, the supposed scourge of the top players, and yet I’m the one who’s scared while he looks relaxed enough to be in his slippers at home.

It’s not until I notice the almost convulsive way that Djokovic swallows about every thirty seconds that it dawns on me: He’s nervous, too. I might not be the only one in this room who's afraid of a public misstep. If I fumble, no-one except me will remember; if he says the wrong thing, he’ll never be allowed to forget. I’m filled with admiration for his ability to be charming under such pressure, to act like he’s on our side, rather than an adversary. His performance is so graceful it’s almost moving.

I still don’t hold up my hand for the microphone, though. Djokovic done this far more often than I have.
Absolutely love this article! His signs of wit, intelligence, eloquence and charisma make him my first idol. Before him, I've NEVER followed any star in life so closely!
Nole

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same"

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2015 US Open.
2011, 2014 & 2015 Wimbledon.
2008, 2011 - 2013, 2015 Australian Open.
pica_pica is offline  
post #3312 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered User
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Nole is the player who gets mentioned the most in MTF's favorite active players thread. He's a little behind Nadal and Federer on votes but he's the one who's included in most favorite lists. Who would have said right? I wonder if he's so favorited by so many people in the Men's Tennis Forums how come none of those visit Nole's forum here?
2010: MTF Top 10 Favourite Active Players - Federer wins for the 5th consecutive year



Novak Djokovic nļ1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #3313 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered User
 
Springer89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,621
                     
Re: Novak News!!

We're visiting, just not writing in here, I guess
Springer89 is offline  
post #3314 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 08:20 PM
country flag tmv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 179
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer89 View Post
We're visiting, just not writing in here, I guess
+1
tmv is offline  
post #3315 of 5013 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,765
                     
Re: Novak News!!

Some quick questions done with all the players before WTF,here is Nole's

Novak Djokovic No. 3

2010 Match summary (won/lost): 57/16

Year-end rankings:

2009: 3

2008: 3

2007: 3

Goals for 2011?

To get to No. 2 with a good showing hopefully in London and then perhaps try for the top spot in 2011. It’s going to be whole New Year the next year.

Your best match performance?

The semi-final against Roger Federer at the US Open (which Djokovic won in five sets). Hopefully, I can also help my country Serbia win the Davis Cup this year (Serbia is in the 2010 final, to be played against France in December).

Your most heart-breaking loss?

The US Open final against Nadal (lost in four sets) and my quarter-final loss against Jurgen Melzer at the French Open.


And this answer from Andy which I found really sweet

One opponent you’d rather not face at the WTF?

Djokovic, because I’ve known him for a long time and we are good friends.

You can see the rest here
http://www.livemint.com/2010/11/1720...-gran.html?h=C
Amber Spyglass is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome